Lucky9Two
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

ATI Error (Fixed)

Post by Lucky9Two »

[BBvideo 800,600][/BBvideo]

I honestly have no idea how to explain this but here's what I do know:

- This happens to every game I join first after launching
- After changing levels many models have a missing texture overlay on them where a normalmap or other effect would be

Another thing that just started is my game CTD'ing if I attempt to host a game, but I'm fairly certain that's just me.

Forgot about the ATI fix since this is the first PC I've ever owned with ATI cards in it.
Last edited by Lucky9Two on Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

"For though I fly through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I will fear no evil, for I am at 70,000 feet and climbing"
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Re: Strange Rendering Error

Post by Neico »

I watched 3 seconds of that video and my only question is: ATI Graphics Card user?
If so: http://bugs.obsidianconflict.net/view.php?id=56 (it looks like it'll be fixed in the next version, need some ATI testers to make sure tough)

and to that crash, not sure you're being pretty privately about infos, but you can't start a server if you have one already running (use the changelevel command instead), if that's what you're trying to do
Lucky9Two
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Strange Rendering Error

Post by Lucky9Two »

Neico wrote:I watched 3 seconds of that video and my only question is: ATI Graphics Card user?
If so: http://bugs.obsidianconflict.net/view.php?id=56 (it looks like it'll be fixed in the next version, need some ATI testers to make sure tough)
I have dual-Radeon HD 5970s with Crossfire enabled. I didn't think that was an issue because they worked fine up until a week or two ago.
Neico wrote:and to that crash, not sure you're being pretty privately about infos, but you can't start a server if you have one already running (use the changelevel command instead), if that's what you're trying to do
I'm sitting in the menu, and if I use the 'Create Server' button it loads for a minute or two (which is longer than it does to complete when it works) but sticks about a third of the way on 'Loading Resources' before it CTD's with no messages or warnings.

Edit:

Tried the Static Mount Fix for ATI & that solved that problem. Now I just need to figure out the issue of crashing since I can't test anything until it works.

Edit:

Un-installed / Re-installed & the crashing problem persists. Will continue to try different things.

"For though I fly through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I will fear no evil, for I am at 70,000 feet and climbing"