Obsidian conflict can't install on Windows 8 HELP!

Obsidian General.
noahx44
Pixel

Obsidian conflict can't install on Windows 8 HELP!

Post by noahx44 »

So, I used to play this game a lot and I L O V E D it. Tonight I was going to install it on my laptop. Unfortunately Windows 8 is anawfuloperating system.
I have run the installer 5 times and I still get this same message.
I also tried running it in every compatibility mod. That didn't work.
Will somebody PLEASE help me? I really enjoy this game and wish to play it again!
Off Topic
I blacked out the part of the directory because it contains my last name
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Re: Obsidian conflict can't install on Windows 8 HELP!

Post by TESLA-X4 »

Check the installer's hash (you can use this utility), it should match either of the following values exactly (case-insensitive) - if even a single character is different, your download is corrupted and you need to redownload it again:
MD5: 47154427a0519a471ee33f161d5f87ca
SHA-1: 0e160189b390dcb6d99bbffc87b5f4544ded54b1
Apparently, Valve can't make games beyond the number 2.
I think the only time we'll get a Source SDK code update is when it starts having purchasable hats integrated, i.e. hatconomy.

Please do not make assumptions you are not knowledgeable enough to make - that just backfires on yourself.
Tick me off, and I'll be sure to give you the golden treatment. Haven't you heard? Silence is golden.
noahx44
Pixel

Re: Obsidian conflict can't install on Windows 8 HELP!

Post by noahx44 »

Big thank you!
I'll try this as soon as possible.

Edit: I tried checking the installers hash and it is perfectly identical. At least now we know the file isn't corrupted.
Edit: I set the compatibility to Windows Vista again and set the installers priority level to admin. After, I ran the installer as admin even though I set it to run in admin by default. After much stress and suspense, I found Obsidian Conflict back on my Steam games list. Thanks for the help.