Obsidian Roadmap

Obsidian General.
DMGUYDZ64
Vertex
Vertex

Re: Obsidian Roadmap

Post by DMGUYDZ64 »

Neico wrote:Seriously, what does that have to to with this topic?
That was like a suggestion for next release =3
grml4d
Vertex
Vertex

Post by grml4d »

the forum seems to be "cracked" , when i registered i had some errors... and if i try to open the full editor then i have a message error about server no answering ... i post this with quick reply
grml4d
Vertex
Vertex

Post by grml4d »

i come here and recently registered because i want to create a sort of hl2 opposing-force .
i tried to do it with hl2 cinematic mod , but fakefactory had dropped the project and no longer care of old friends ..
this forum is the last that seems to be active for hl2 coop...

my idea is to change a bit the order of maps , to reduce the number of cutscene , to add a lot of monsters from all episodes everywhere where that fits best...plus try to create the opposing-force new enemies using models of wolfenstein_2009 [ most models are translated to hl2 : http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1154889?highlight=
[i wonder if the big spider is also in this pack... i dream to create a long "hunt" in ep2 caverns , i also plan to ask raven for help and files ]

the game starts as the original, the first change is after the gravity gun scene , with alyx being injured by rocks... [ so that match the "story" of ep2 ]
the second change is after ravenholm -map d1_town_04 that is followed by ep2_outland_01
when player should get to the surface and kill the snipers with grenades, in fact gordon freeman gets out in the cavern of ep2 beginning where he uses a train to open an escape .[instead of alyx being hurt there , that happened at gravity gun ]. gordon has to fight and does not meet the vort friend .

then the game goes to the end of ep2 . after launching rocket , instead of the dead of the alyx 's father , he takes the buggy and goes back on the road where he opens the tunnel using a magnusson device may be ...
so the player is in the tunnel of the map where he had got the buggy in the normal hl2 : d2_coast_03

the next change is after the prison when gordon and alyx will hunt mossman , i see the change at last big door where they will find mossman , it is the door after the first console activated by alyx in the map : d2_prison_08 .

instead they get inside the citadelle of ep1 right after the dog robot launched them inside in map : ep1_citadel_00 .
the game goes back to hl2 at the door that normally shows the train they will take after using the electric-balls to kill all guards in map : ep1_citadel_04 , at the room where they catch mossman and later the teleporter .

last is at the end....instead of having Gman ending of hl2 , the game launch the ep1 part where the train has derailed [ep1_citadel_04 ] so the ep1 end [with alyx leaving with barney for looping the end of this new story with hl2 beginning] is the new one ;'] perfect for a coop game <3 <3 <3
hurray ;']
are you ready for this ?
grml4d
Vertex
Vertex

Post by grml4d »

so anyone ? :hyper:
what could help my project is to tell me how i can change the nextmap and set a spawn-point ; then how to spawn any hl2 monster or even some new
happy holidays
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

Why of all the places / threads did you post this in here?
grml4d
Vertex
Vertex

Post by grml4d »

THE FORUM ENGINE SEEMS WORKING OK...
i posted in here because my project is a kind of roadmap for the future of the mod.. at least mine ;']
will you help or give me infos so i ll start doing things.. Neico ?
grml4d
Vertex
Vertex

Post by grml4d »

the forum has the same bug as i saw the first day :

plus it is very slow ... i hope you will update it..i know that some suckers are always killing forums...even steampowered is unable to hold one..

i would like to know how i can change spawnpoints and nextmap ... what kind of files i should edit.. , the fgd file ..
have a great summer all
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

If you want to do this in OC, you could technically use our Mapadd system for it, you wouldn't need to bother about decompiling and recompiling the maps then. Just note that Mapadd can only change entities, not the actual world geometry. http://obsidianconflict.net/forums/view ... f=26&t=160

Whatever you do, you need to know how to use Hammer properly.
grml4d
Vertex
Vertex

Post by grml4d »

the system is the same as with synergy or follow freeman...
did you made a tool that read the entity file of map ?

i tried with synergy to change the nextmap but it did not worked ; i have a big experience of these edits with hl maps and svencoop .
with svencoop that was quite easy to change maps because engine does not care of previous map and players positions...

i wonder if Obsidian will accept the change ?

hammer : i do not have a big experience... i prefered to rework hl story and extend it with gearbox dlls and monsters.. or rework svencoop maps and mods...
you can see and get files there :

by now i want to rewrite the hl2 story [lol] but i also have ideas for hl3 story or so...
if you played prey 2017 , you had seen that cryengine is very cool with this game that looks like half-life ..and few maps of svencoop ...
raidensnake
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by raidensnake »

mapdds read all of the contents and allow you to manipulate them without having to mess with the original files.