General Play

Obsidian General.
Ekythump3
Pixel

General Play

Post by Ekythump3 »

I do not usually play multiplayer or coop games so this is a general question about coop play.If I play with a friend does he have to have halflife episode 2 loaded on his computer to play or can we do a lan server and just have the mod loaded on his computer?The reason I ask is that I have 2 computers but I only have the halflife games loaded on one.What do i need to do to play these coop versions on both my computers?I`m new at this so thanks in advance for any help in this matter.
Tuskin
prop_physics
prop_physics

Post by Tuskin »

Well, you can both play on the same account on a LAN server if you are on the same network. But if you want to play over the internet he needs to have the games.
EmptyShadow
Polygon
Polygon

Post by EmptyShadow »

Make sure you're off the internet before you attempt to log in twice.
Always
Spawn 100 Zerglings in your base

Preserve Trigger
Tuskin
prop_physics
prop_physics

Post by Tuskin »

EmptyShadow wrote:Make sure you're off the internet before you attempt to log in twice.
Actually it doesn't matter, I was playing over lan and we logged into the same account and nothing happened, just the first person who logged in got booted off steam, you don't have to be logged in to play on lan.
Ekythump3
Pixel

General Play

Post by Ekythump3 »

Well,I`ll give it all a shot and see what happens.
Thanks for the help.
EmptyShadow
Polygon
Polygon

Post by EmptyShadow »

Tuskin wrote:
EmptyShadow wrote:Make sure you're off the internet before you attempt to log in twice.
Actually it doesn't matter, I was playing over lan and we logged into the same account and nothing happened, just the first person who logged in got booted off steam, you don't have to be logged in to play on lan.
Oh you serious?
My friend was bitching the other day, he couldnt play a LAN game over his two computer any more because VALVe disabled multiple logins on one IP.
Always
Spawn 100 Zerglings in your base

Preserve Trigger