Card Battle

Obsidian General.
DisConnected
npc_hovering_assassin
npc_hovering_assassin

Post by DisConnected »

From the looks of how many people don't like sitting on the sidelines that much, Tysn will probably, and hopefully, add a player card. But those new arenas might eat up some entity space. Honestly, I'd rather have more cards than more arenas. Maybe some effects when 4 of the same card is placed or something would be nice too.

Lacking Team = Team with people who have never played the map and don't communicate. (Take 10 seconds to decide cards, lose a lot, and usually say "wtf" because someone pulled the lever without the entire team being ready).

Somewhat Skilled = Team with atleast some people who have played the map, communicate somewhat, and place in which NPC's are most powerfull after they see them in one round, or in a CO-OP map. Look at the arena, but don't pay attention to how the cards themselves help each other, or what the other team can do the counter these cards. In other words, they hardly ever change cards after those cards win once, or never play them after those cards lose once.

Skilled = A team that has played the map a lot, think things through (look at the arena and what the other team has, and what the cards can do to help each other). They know how each NPC deals with another, and how their HP and attacks work on certain arenas. They understand that you need different cards for different arenas and such.

Never-Losing-Team = Get Keychain or Worf0x to grenade the other team's NPCs.

Oh, and apparently you can easily glitch the podiums, and you'll get both of the cards instead of just one.
Oh, don't be such a baby. Episode 3 will come out.

*Turns to Archimedes*

No it won't.
sh3p4rd
Polygon
Polygon

Post by sh3p4rd »

It's better when whe can choose the card we want,like to buy then with money
"Death God Komachi"
Miss Eleksin
npc_metropolice
npc_metropolice

Post by Miss Eleksin »

DisConnected wrote: Oh, and apparently you can easily glitch the podiums, and you'll get both of the cards instead of just one.
If they are broken as the same time you get both cards. Such as with a grenade.
Image Image Image <--- Click them for music :3
DisConnected
npc_hovering_assassin
npc_hovering_assassin

Post by DisConnected »

Miss Eleksin wrote:
DisConnected wrote: Oh, and apparently you can easily glitch the podiums, and you'll get both of the cards instead of just one.
If they are broken as the same time you get both cards. Such as with a grenade.
Funny, each time I did it we didn't get any cards; both disappeared. Or if you don't break either podium and flip the switch, the battle wont start.
Oh, don't be such a baby. Episode 3 will come out.

*Turns to Archimedes*

No it won't.
warbrand2
Polygon
Polygon

Post by warbrand2 »

did you know that an explosion in the battle can send guns flying to the players my team lost a game once because the other team some how got a smg1 from our rebels.
I think that's all I do and some times/a lot of the time that gets me into trouble.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

warbrand2 wrote:did you know that an explosion in the battle can send guns flying to the players my team lost a game once because the other team some how got a smg1 from our rebels.
:lmao: and the odds of it happening are???
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Mr. Someguy
npc_hunter
npc_hunter

Post by Mr. Someguy »

warbrand2 wrote:did you know that an explosion in the battle can send guns flying to the players my team lost a game once because the other team some how got a smg1 from our rebels.
Isn't there a command that makes guns NPC only? Using that could fix this problem.
Andrax17
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by Andrax17 »

Mr. Someguy wrote:
Isn't there a command that makes guns NPC only? Using that could fix this problem.
dunno, but func_clip_vphysics wall in the auditorium place should prevent weapons from flying there iirc

i guess its quite rare that weapon flies to the auditorium, personally ive never seen it happen.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Mr. Someguy wrote:
I think you're right, all npcs that carry weapons, have that option\flag.
Next version maybe Tysn will change, though I have to say I like the randomness of it, as long as the player could be stripped of the weapon when teleporting out of the arena.
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Fugikuro
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Fugikuro »

I went one-on-one card battle with my friend skyninja one day and ended up with 2 antlion gaurds, barney, and alex. In retaliation he "found" a sniper rifle and began picking off my team. Damn you sv_cheats.
Is there any problem a .357 can't solve?