Is it possible?

Obsidian General.
Weperlol
Pixel

Is it possible?

Post by Weperlol »

Hai der everybodeh im just wondering if it is possible to use the source games content from this site:

It is basicily a site my someguy called Katar9 anyway if you check his site and goto Garry content tab you will see all pay2play source games content (sounds textures and models) and maps (obvouis)
like Cs:s and ep 1 and 2 BUT it is legal its just the content that you put on garrysmod/Addons and then ul be able to see it and spawn it its not the whole game

Anyway back to the question im wondering is it possible to use the content and map to use on Osidian conflict?
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Re: Is it possible?

Post by MaestraFénix »

Weperlol wrote:Hai der everybodeh im just wondering if it is possible to use the source games content from this site:

It is basicily a site my someguy called Katar9 anyway if you check his site and goto Garry content tab you will see all pay2play source games content (sounds textures and models) and maps (obvouis)
like Cs:s and ep 1 and 2 BUT it is legal its just the content that you put on garrysmod/Addons and then ul be able to see it and spawn it its not the whole game

Anyway back to the question im wondering is it possible to use the content and map to use on Osidian conflict?
Could you post a link to that user/their workshop?
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

Weperlol
Pixel

Post by Weperlol »

OH my bad i forgot the website But THE GOOD NEWS it actually worked

All i had to do is to put The content in obsidian like models in models and textures and textures and so on it also works with it just put them in maps folder

here is the website i hope more people find this useful : snip

btw do you think i should make a tutorial about this?
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

What it is this? 2007 again?

Who the hell doesn't have those games nowdays?

Tell to your friend that it still considered piracy (why do you think these kind of packs were all the time reported and taken down at the old Garrysmod.org?).
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

Weperlol
Pixel

Post by Weperlol »

Maestro Fénix wrote:What it is this? 2007 again?

Who the hell doesn't have those games nowdays?

Tell to your friend that it still considered piracy (why do you think these kind of packs were all the time reported and taken down at the old Garrysmod.org?).
He's not my friend and for the love of god this isnt piracy

go to the site and garrys content and go all the way down

and read what he said

Oh and btw there is also a workshop addon in gmod for the half life ep2 content AND VALVE didn't give a one f**k about it

also not everyone have money for this some people are saving it and some don't even have credit cards in their countries because their country is sh!t like mine
Ny
Phone Donator
Phone Donator

Post by Ny »

Haha the so called "It isn't piracy cause he says so" defence.

The content is part of a paid package regardless of whether it enables you to play the game or not. The disclaimer even discredits itself by saying the content belongs to Valve in the first place, unless Valve explicitly give the site owner permission to host their content it is ILLEGAL FULL STOP.
:nyoron:
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

Since the packages provide the whole game content including the maps, this IS piracy. End of thread.