Possible Fix for Mounting Problems + Suggestions

Obsidian General.
Umbrae
prop_static
prop_static

Possible Fix for Mounting Problems + Suggestions

Post by Umbrae »

Hello everyone,

A while back I ran into some mounting problems. Despite owning Counter Strike Source, CS weapons did not properly mount and as a result some weapons were missing textures or sounds. I was informed that this was a new mounting problem, not caused by OC, and that it wasn't fixable.

Recently I did some experimenting and I came up with a possible fix for those experiencing similar problems. Simply all that I did was I found weapon replacements that included replacements of the models, textures and sounds, and installed them for OC. Since that seemed to work, I'm going to guess the same would work for other similar problems. I know a lot of people are experiencing mounting problems and have just given up on trying to fix them, so I just wanted to make this thread to put this idea out as a possible solution.

If anyone else knows of any other fixes/ suggestions, then feel free to post them below. So far I haven't heard of any perfect fixes, but if you know of any, that would be great.

I hope this helped. :)
~Umbrae~
daunknownman2010
Donator
Donator

Re: Possible Fix for Mounting Problems + Suggestions

Post by daunknownman2010 »

Here

Look at Neico's posts in that topic and you should find a better fix.
OwO what's this???
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

EDIT: Neico is right. I should had informed him directly instead of taking action.
Last edited by MaestraFénix on Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

Maestro Fénix wrote:I have to say that some people told me about the actual version having again the client part broken, so I uploaded an old version of it that I had around and works:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ofn8di93bzorl8j/mount_fix.bat

Remember, type only 'client' (without the ' ). The server part doesn't work yet.
If that's the case, why am I the one not hearing about that? Grinds my gears pretty much...
Spreading my script from a different source then me is extremely bad as it will lead to people not knowing which one's the correct and most updated one... is it so hard to ask me first? (guess it is, if I just could kill people trough words...)