Obsidian Conflict Mapadd Scripts Starter Pack

Misc Releases such as Textures, Choreo, Tools, and even Sound.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Obsidian Conflict Mapadd Scripts Starter Pack

Post by fug4life »

I've compiled together some of the files that were in various threads on the forum to make a Mapadd Scripts Starter Pack, basically to give everything people need to get their head's round Mapadds and also try out a few of the already released ones that some of the forums members have created. In the hope that more of you including myself will have ago at creating some and sharing what you come up with.
Infact I contributed nothing myself, just want to make that clear! Credit goes to (Ive given specific credits lower down).

Gandorques Hikla
W0rf0x
Zteer
Skidz

Features:

*Halflife2 Episode 1 fully playable Mapadd scripts (to play Episode 1 with Obsidian Conflict). Created by Gandorques Hikla

*hls_ep1_hl2_mapselect (a modify.txt that changes Zteers Map select so all Ep1 and HL:s and HL2 maps are selectable). Created by Gandorques Hikla

*css_militia Mapadd script (to play css_militia modified to play with Obsidian Conflict) Created by Gandorques Hikla

*coop_swampthing_v3 and coop_wardogs_v3 Mapadd scripts (to play these popular coop maps with Obsidian Conflict) Created by W0rf0x

*map_select_v2 Also I have included Zteers map_select_v2 which is a map with its modify text configured correctly serves as a map/levelselect within the game that can be run on servers and use custom maps when added to the modify.txt.This is already included in the mod if you have v1.23 of Obsidian Conflict, but I added in case you need/wanted it. Created by Zteer

Want to create your own mapadd scripts for obsidian?

I've also included a link http://www.obsidianconflict.com/forums/ ... .php?t=160
to the original tutorial thread made by skidz on the basics of creating mapadds for Obsidian Conflict and I've put the tutorial into a word pad document aswell. Created by skidz

And I have included oc_modify_generator001which is a program made by Zteer to easily make your own cutom mapadds by comparing the changes made between to decompiled vmf files (the original and an edited copy of the original). Created by Zteer

Some may require the relevant content to be mounted for the client or the server within the games 'mod options' for them to work. And also the relevant map files. You can find the two coop_swampthing and coop_wardogs maps included in the Obsidian Community Mapapck1
see for more info:

http://www.obsidianconflict.com/forums/ ... sc&start=0

So there you go, some of you will have some if not all of the files already this is kinda directed at any one new wishing to have ago :D

Download:

http://files.filefront.com/Obsidian+Con ... einfo.html (7.5 mb)

fug
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database