Calling All Europeans!

Off topic Discussion
shiftey
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Calling All Europeans!

Post by shiftey »

So I have to write a paper about the differences in pop culture and pop culture influences between America (USA to be specific) and Europe. One of my sources has to be an interview with Europeans and I figured you guys could really help me out with this.

Unfortunately, my professor has no concept of time and wants us to have our papers done by Monday.

I'd like to have a multi-person interview type thing through Obsidian Conflicts IRC channel tomorrow. If you're interested, please post a time for tomorrow that would be best for you.

Some questions that I will be asking (it's more of a seminar than an interview. I'll be answering the same questions from the U.S. perspective):

- What are the dominant pop culture mediums in Europe currently?
- What do most young adults do to occupy their time in Europe?
- What major differences are you aware of between U.S. and European pop culture?
- What influence has the U.S. had on European pop culture?
- What influence do you think Europe has had on U.S. pop culture?

Those are the basic questions but I'll think up a few more for tomorrow. Please don't plan on helping if you're going to be a V-tard.
shiftey
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by shiftey »

bump. I gotta do this chat by tonight 12 am EST.
shiftey
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by shiftey »

frak it. Just post here and I'll write up a fake transcript.
Blues
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by Blues »

won't anybody help this guy? :lmao:
Image Image Image

Excuse me for being rude. I'm usually drunk while posting.
shiftey
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by shiftey »

I wish my professor wasn't a douche. I doubt anybody can organize an interview in a day...
Vasili
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Re: Calling All Europeans!

Post by Vasili »

Here you go.

- What are the dominant pop culture mediums in Europe currently?

The main Dominant pop culture in the UK at the moment is for low life scum-bags (Called Chavs by the Upper-class) to dress in Tracksuits, wear as much fake jewellery as possible, baseball caps, steal cars, take as many drugs as possible because they all think that drugs makes them a better person, Drink plenty of cheap beer and listen to crappy rap music because they have no good taste in anything.
With this Culture; I find that a lot of the "Chavs" act like they are very tough, when really they are weaker than plywood.

- What do most young adults do to occupy their time in Europe?

Most young adults in the UK will spend their time outside on street corners getting drunk, smoking, or stealing anything of any value. Sometimes they go shopping. Don't forget though that some of them will be in prison too, because of all the crimes they have done, but then of course it won't work.

- What major differences are you aware of between U.S. and European pop culture?

The major differences that I've noticed between the U.S. and Europe Pop culture is that the U.S. tends to have guns everywhere, but with the European pop culture, people are trying to be like they are in the U.S. but they are about 8 years behind.

- What influence has the U.S. had on European pop culture?

The influence the U.S. has had on European pop culture is, basically, modernised it, but has managed to get it into bad habits, with Drugs, Stealing cars, music, and Guns. All of these things make up the lifestyle that most young adults in Europe want to have, because they think that treating women badly and stealing is the best form of life there can be, but don't realise that they could of done much better in their life.

- What influence do you think Europe has had on U.S. pop culture?

Personally, I don't believe that Europe has had much influence on U.S. pop culture, however, some music trends and clothing trends seem to spread over to the U.S. sometimes. Eventually though all of the current Pop Culture trends might go away one day, but that day won't happen until people realise what they are doing wrong.
shiftey
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by shiftey »

Awesome! So if I'm understanding you correctly, the popular thing in the UK is to basically follow the old-school Hip-hop culture that used to dominate U.S. youths. Glorified crime and violence.

Thanks Vasili, you surprised me with your response. A German or French perspective would be nice to balance things out now.
Supahchikin
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Supahchikin »

Well uh... we seem to have a higher tolerance for violence when it comes to movies (over here Silence of the Lambs is for ages 12 and up).
Vasili
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Vasili »

Exactly Shiftey, now go and put it into Microsoft Office 2007 Word: Student Edition and get marked on it.