Smash bros everyone!

Off topic Discussion
Power-Mad
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Smash bros everyone!

Post by Power-Mad »

So, it comes out tomarrow, who's getting it/kicking ass right away or soon after it comes out?!
:D
I am. It's gotten so many perfect reviews, even from gamespot (I count a 9.5 as perfect from them. Those sissys are too afraid to put their reputation on the line to give something a 10 nowadays)
Hell-met
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by Hell-met »

I think it's been out in japan for like a month
Power-Mad
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Power-Mad »

Hell-met wrote:I think it's been out in japan for like a month
Jan 30th to be exact. However, that doens't matter. American wiis cannot play japanese imports.
larz
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by larz »

so how did you like the game? I heard from a friend that said it kinda felt like he was playing the gamecube one, but their was enough new to keep him playing.
Microsoft™ wrote: my favorite thing to do is rape little children
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

The subspace emissary is pretty boring. It a lot like Melee, with new characters and tweaks.
Hell-met
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by Hell-met »

I for one think it's fantastic.
larz
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by larz »

Ill give it a try eventually but I just spend $1479 on a new comp and just bought Bioshock and Crysis so its gonna be awhile before i touch my wii again (or is it? lolololollolololol) ... :oops:
Microsoft™ wrote: my favorite thing to do is rape little children
Hell-met
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by Hell-met »

Still not funny.
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

$1479 is a lot.
Gandorques Hikla
Entity Master
Entity Master

Post by Gandorques Hikla »

Still no release Date for Europe.

We will get Mario Kart Wii first, but thats no substitute for SSBB.
The Nintendo of Europe Headquarters not even a hour of driving away from me. Anyone with me for Terroristic acts (or stealing SSBB PAL Betas)?
Don´t feed the Graphic Whores!
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

If you live in Europe your gaming days are nearing an end. Your country wants to censor your entertainment to extinction, like a massive kick to the balls.
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

skidz wrote:If you live in Europe your gaming days are nearing an end. Your country wants to censor your entertainment to extinction, like a massive kick to the balls.
Games in germany have always been censored, but the censoring differs in every game, sometimes the blood just has another color, sometimes its less blood or completely removed, or changes in the ragdoll system, or even no censoring at all, but you can always get them uncensored, either by importing them from another country, or asking your local games shop for the uncensored version of the game, they almost always have them, just not in the shelves where every kid can see them, and you have to verify that you are 18 to get them.

Or simply download a uncut patch :P

So, i dont know where you got that from, but our gaming days are nothing near end, it has always been like that and there are always ways to get rid of the censoring :P
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

You almost didn't get GTA4 ;)
You remember when Crytek were talking about leaving the country? They obviously feel something is on the horizon. Sure you can always import, but sooner of later the first batch of games will get banned from store shelves, especially with violence getting ever greater in games.
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

Yes, i heard about that, they wanted to leave because germany wanted to forbid the producing of brutal videogames, or "killergames" how german government people and grandma TV channels likes to call them, They think brutal video games turn normal people into killers and they are the reason for all the school massacre we had.
Its very quiet about that atm, but they sure will dig it up again when the next kid with private problems takes a gun and runs amok and then all of sudden they find counter-strike on his pc (even if he doesnt have a pc or counter-strike), its always the same, and then after 1-2 months you wont hear anything about it anymore.

And to get back on topic, i want to buy one of the current consoles soon, but i cant decide which one, they all have things im interested in:

-Playstation 3 has MGS 4, Best hardware and low failrate, but is very expensive.

-Xbox 360 has halo3, fast hardware, good online platform and isnt as expensive as the ps3, but has high failrate.

-Wii has all the funny mario games, the price is the cheapest of all 3, it has low failrate, but it has slowest hardware.
Fenrir
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Fenrir »

I suggest the 360 if you really can't decide.
It has a nice library of games, and as well as visual power.
The Ring of Death is a problem, but it's uncommon at most.

The Wii is also a good choice, Brawl, Galaxy, and Monster Hunter Three are three reputable titles in their library.
And the Wii isn't that bad in terms of power.
It can hold it's own very easily in the market, even without the motion sensor controller gimmick.

I don't suggest the ps3, YET.
It is a visual powerhouse, and is reliable, but it has few good games, and your wallet will be hurting after buying it.
If you're really determined to buy one, wait for prices to go down more, and better games to come out.
Or just buy one over eBay or something now, and keep it in storage.
I will spit right in your fraking face.
How does it taste? After the lips are sealed below your waist,
You will never frak again.