Guild Wars

Off topic Discussion
Scrap
npc_strider
npc_strider

Guild Wars

Post by Scrap »

So how many of you play this fun little mmorpg, actually a corpg.
Cooperative role playing game, why? because the whole world is more of a instance. whats that? a dungeon or any other playing field created just for you and your party so you cannot be distrubed by other players. The whole get to lvl 60 part and get the best gear is taken away from here. Its still somewhat present but redesigned to make it faster and more fun.

The whole principle is like a card game. You have a huuuge deck of cards(skills) but the trick is, you can only bring 8 with you into a fight so getting the ultimate balance is hard. And while in a guild battle theres 8 of you so multyply the complexity with 8 . Also theres 10 classes to choose from with diffrent skills so multiply that with 10. Also every hero must , in a roleplaying term, dualclass itself so you must pick 2 classes. Muliply that with all the stratedic opportunities and the summ would euqal =Guild Wars.

So basicly, in layman terms, less work and more play. As a wise woman once sayd, its not the size that matter its how you use it. So your skill is the most important thing, not your level.

anyway, who are playing join my guild :). We have a guildhall with upgrades, we do pvp , were helpful, we just kicked out alot of members who handt logged in for a long time, we use teamspeak, we have a website/forum...err what else, oh we also belong to a alliance for the luxon side. Just whisper me ingame , name Boo Est. Or pm me here to join our guild.
Chicken#2
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Chicken#2 »

I haven't played the game, but the concept seems pretty sweet. I'm not too fond of card games, but I think I'll give it a shot when I get the cash for it. =D

P.S. You don't need to pay a monthly fee with this game, right? Cause if not, that makes all the more reason to play it.
Forum lurker.
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

Hmmm. Haven't played it. I'm always pretty careful with online rpgs, since the usually have the ability to consume people's souls. :)
Kinhoshi
npc_combine_s
npc_combine_s

Post by Kinhoshi »

I also haven't played Guild Wars, though I want to. Don't have enough cash for it. :\
Kinhoshi
npc_combine_s
npc_combine_s

Post by Kinhoshi »

destu wrote:
Kinhoshi wrote:I also haven't played Guild Wars, though I want to. Don't have enough cash for it. :\
Torrents. Torrents..
Torrents won't get me a valid key that someone else isn't already using.
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

I played it once, but it wasnt as good as FFXI or WoW.
So I didnt play it again. :P
destu
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by destu »

Kinhoshi wrote:I also haven't played Guild Wars, though I want to. Don't have enough cash for it. :\
Torrents. Torrents..
fragged131
npc_metropolice
npc_metropolice

Post by fragged131 »

destu wrote:
Torrents. Torrents..
Online only dumbass.
unconnected
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by unconnected »

It's considerably cheaper than playing World of Warcraft, i.e. no monthly payments, just the price for the box and thats it.

Interesting concept to be honest.
destu
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by destu »

ghj
destu
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by destu »

fragged131 wrote:
destu wrote:
Torrents. Torrents..
Online only dumbass.
Hey. It's still possible to play it with someone elses key :roll:
fragged131
npc_metropolice
npc_metropolice

Post by fragged131 »

destu wrote:
fragged131 wrote:
destu wrote:
Torrents. Torrents..
Online only dumbass.
Hey. It's still possible to play it with someone elses key :roll:
until they install it.
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

unconnected wrote:
It's considerably cheaper than playing World of Warcraft, i.e. no monthly payments, just the price for the box and thats it.

Its not the same. It looks like expansions are totally different games and cant be played together like a real MMO. And updates probably arnt common. New npcs, areas, etc come only with expansions as well.
Paying the small monthly fee to play in an expanding world isnt a bad thing.
unconnected
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by unconnected »

skidz wrote:
unconnected wrote:

Its not the same. It looks like expansions are totally different games and cant be played together like a real MMO. And updates probably arnt common. New npcs, areas, etc come only with expansions as well.
Paying the small monthly fee to play in an expanding world isnt a bad thing.
I concur, the two cannot be said to be the same. But still, it is an interesting model for an MMORPG to use, as opposed to the traditional monthly fee model.

Admittedly you couldn't realistically expect that it would offer as much new content as the monthly fee model, but in some types of MMO games this might not be much of an issue.

Personally, I've never played Guild Wars, but I've heard only good things about it.

However, I have played World of Warcraft and I can thoroughly recommend it to anyone starting out in the MMORPG scene for the first time.
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

Yea, WoW would be the best starter MMO.
Final Fantasy XI and Everquest arnt easy for newcommers.