Black Mesa: Source updated!

You have an image? You want others to see it? You feel the need to show everyone a picture of your Mother? You have come to the right place!
destu
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by destu »

Gurluas wrote:but it got coop and hl2 coop and ep1 coop and soon ep2 coop,
and maybe bms coop
Which dont work properly
Gurluas
npc_combine_s
npc_combine_s

Post by Gurluas »

destu wrote:
and maybe bms coop
Which dont work properly
but this is a beta
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

destu wrote:
and maybe bms coop
Which dont work properly
I watch your posts often, you seem to think you know what you're talking about. :P
I'm going to suggest you pull out hammer, XSI, Visual Studio, and Photoshop and start making us a mod. Because you make it sound like this is all so easy and we are just lazy.
I would love it if someone would spend a year going through all of Valves maps and making them work. Because Valve call it Single Player for a reason, and was never intended for Multi Player gameplay. Infact, Half-Life 1 was built for Coop. Which is why that worked so well.
Also, if you knew how hard it was to create a game like HL1 from scratch on the Source Engine you would realize how ambitious the BMS project really is. Take the amount of time it took Valve to create HL1, Minus the concept stage, Plus the time it takes to create todays standards in 3D art.
It makes the concept stage look like a walk in the park.
I like the way BMS has presented itself this far, but I just don't believe they will finish any time soon. (In the Next 2 years)
And if they have been working full time without pay, maybe they will get done by next year.
Also take into consideration the mods that have been in production as long as BMS and what they have produced.
Cant help but feel somewhat skeptical.
destu
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by destu »

I know it's not easy. I'm Sorry if I gave you that feeling. Just said it doesnt work really well.. that's a fact.

I've mapped before and it's not really hard, all you need is the right spirit and ideas which I don't have (can't be arsed to complete any of my maps). I study programming in school and I've used Visual Studio, it's hard, though I can create some simple stuff like a calculator, rolling dice "game" etc.. bullcrap.

There's one thing I dont understand, what do you mean HL1 was built for coop?
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

Originally Valve intended Half-Life 1 to be a Single Player and Cooperative game. Most of the maps were designed for Cooperative gameplay. Valve Cut the idea durring development, but Cooperative game code still exists today in the SDK. Some of the maps from this time also exist in Half-Life 1, but then some areas are also very hard for Coop. The Blast Pit comes to mind.
Chandler
npc_hunter
npc_hunter

Post by Chandler »

Personally Skidz,
I believe the only reason this whole thing is slow going is because of hackers. they are constantly taking the BM website down not to mention many hackers are glad people are making this and yet they continue to test them.
Silverman
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Silverman »

Damn those hackers, they don't know what are they doing
detsu is really a smart talker, isn't he :wink: ?
Chandler
npc_hunter
npc_hunter

Post by Chandler »

more like smartass. :D :wink:
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

Thats why they have a webmaster. They have all the bases covered, but still dont have the team Valve does, and none of them make any money, its a hobby. If they work on the mod for more than 2 hours a day I would be surprised.
Last edited by skidz on Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
BioWaster
Vertex
Vertex

Post by BioWaster »

Arg! It's cuz i loved the black mesa facilty to go into stuff the exitment of it all!
http://www.gameservers.com<a>This A Super Awesome Link!</a>
larz
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by larz »

BioWaster wrote:Arg! It's cuz i loved the black mesa facilty to go into stuff the exitment of it all!
JOE ZOMBINE IS THAT YOU?
Microsoft™ wrote: my favorite thing to do is rape little children
unconnected
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by unconnected »

BioWaster wrote:Arg! It's cuz i loved the black mesa facilty to go into stuff the exitment of it all!
npc_citizen
npc_citizen

Post by BOB »

I would just like to point out that Black Mesa had a media update! And a new website. :shock: :D
Hell-met
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by Hell-met »

BOB wrote:I would just like to point out that Black Mesa had a media update! And a new website. :shock: :D
http://www.obsidianconflict.com/forums/ ... .php?t=949

noob down.
fragged131
npc_metropolice
npc_metropolice

Post by fragged131 »

Fire_cube wrote:
BOB wrote:I would just like to point out that Black Mesa had a media update! And a new website. :shock: :D
http://www.obsidianconflict.com/forums/ ... .php?t=949

noob down.

L-L-Ludicrous kill!!!!!