post your desktop tra-la-la-la

You have an image? You want others to see it? You feel the need to show everyone a picture of your Mother? You have come to the right place!
Lucky9Two
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: post your desktop tra-la-la-la

Post by Lucky9Two »

Someone's got UAC turned on... XD

Also, dem pinned emulators.
Last edited by TESLA-X4 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed redundant quotation of previous post

"For though I fly through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I will fear no evil, for I am at 70,000 feet and climbing"
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

I have UAC on - in fact, I have it set to Vista-tier (but with the secure desktop switching disabled for its popups so my games don't get forced to redraw everything). I actually like UAC. No, you read that right the first time, do a double-take.
I've encountered many cases when I've been able to abort accidental actions by rejecting the request for privilege elevation, plus I dig the user account isolation (and virtualization). I only wish MS had included a third option, i.e. No, run with limited privileges instead of a flat out yes or no. Yes, it's obvious that said program would be running out of spec at that point, but I feel that (power) users should be allowed such an option if they don't feel the program has any need to have full access to the system.[/Off-Topic]
Apparently, Valve can't make games beyond the number 2.
I think the only time we'll get a Source SDK code update is when it starts having purchasable hats integrated, i.e. hatconomy.

Please do not make assumptions you are not knowledgeable enough to make - that just backfires on yourself.
Tick me off, and I'll be sure to give you the golden treatment. Haven't you heard? Silence is golden.
Lucky9Two
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Lucky9Two »

I have no need for it because everything on my system is deliberately put into motion. How do you make accidental actions?

I don't know how the hardware works, but I can maintain the software; from my experiences all the 'Recommended' settings Microsoft thinks are correct are actually wrong for people who know how to care for a computer. That, and UAC typically blocks near everything on my system including games, my Ethernet connections, connections to the Internet through Firefox/Chrome/games, and generally being prompted every few seconds about trivial things.[/OffTopic]

"For though I fly through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I will fear no evil, for I am at 70,000 feet and climbing"
habicore5150
prop_physics
prop_physics

Post by habicore5150 »

JVanover92 wrote:Someone's got UAC turned on... XD

Also, dem pinned emulators.
Eh, I keep my UAC set to not dim the screen anytime anything happens

....you wasn't talking about mine right?
(un)Official Metalheaded Gaming Otaku

Lucky9Two
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Lucky9Two »

habicore5150 wrote:....you wasn't talking about mine right?

I see at least P64, GBA, SNES, and those are just the ones I can identify.

Start Button - Firefox - Thunderbird - WinAmp - Steam - ??? - Malwarebytes - ??? - ??? - Skype - Ventrillo - Fraps - Project 64 - ??? - ZSNES - VisualBoy - ??? - ??? - ??? - ??? - OC - Halo:CE

Nothing wrong with a good emulator, as long as you aren't using Pokemon ROMs... C;

habicore5150
prop_physics
prop_physics

Post by habicore5150 »

JVanover92 wrote:Image

I see at least P64, GBA, SNES, and those are just the ones I can identify.

Start Button - Firefox - Thunderbird - WinAmp - Steam - Guitar Pro - Malwarebytes - Defraggler - Reaper - Skype - Ventrillo - Fraps - Project 64 - Fusion - ZSNES - VisualBoy - Paint dotnet - Adobe Premier Pro 2 - Dragonica - HWMonitor - OC - Halo:CE

Nothing wrong with a good emulator, as long as you aren't using Pokemon ROMs... C;

Fixed

Need to do a bit of cleaning there
(un)Official Metalheaded Gaming Otaku

TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

JVanover92 wrote:How do you make accidental actions?
Cursor misalignments if I'm in a hurry, typos (I use Enso Launcher, so things get shuffled around when I install new programs with similar names to what I'm trying to start, or I simply make a typographical error and end up launching Enso's suggestion instead which just happens to be an app that requires elevated privileges... It's a corner case, I know). It's also a much faster way for me to terminate them since those programs don't even get started. Perhaps it's due in part to my initial exposure to UAC in Vista on my super slow laptop, I don't know. I basically like the assurance that nothing privileged is being started without my knowledge (call it paranoia, if you will).
jvanover92 wrote:... UAC typically blocks near everything on my system including games, my Ethernet connections, connections to the Internet through Firefox/Chrome/games, and generally being prompted every few seconds about trivial things.
That's either an exaggeration, or a misconfigured system because those seem like things a firewall program would prompt since UAC doesn't care about what connects to the internet. I'll take a guess that you are referring to the Windows Firewall prompt that typically pops up when launching a multiplayer game for the first time, but that only happens once anyway.

Well, to each his own. I'm just glad MS had the sense to make UAC configurable instead of forcing it on everyone like they did with Windows 8.[/Off-Topic]
I think the only time we'll get a Source SDK code update is when it starts having purchasable hats integrated, i.e. hatconomy.

Please do not make assumptions you are not knowledgeable enough to make - that just backfires on yourself.
Tick me off, and I'll be sure to give you the golden treatment. Haven't you heard? Silence is golden.
Lucky9Two
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Lucky9Two »

Am I doing it right?

TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

+rep would buy entire package

MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

The more i know about Win8, the less i want have it.
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

Lucky9Two
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Lucky9Two »

As a 2 year Windows Phone 7 user I can say it's a pain in the ass, and that the Surface tablets have between 1-3 second delays on actions.

There also no bloody good reason I should have to push a button >10 times for it to work, even though the button flashes like it received the input.

SANICADVENTURE2
Polygon
Polygon

Post by SANICADVENTURE2 »

JVanover92 wrote:As a 2 year Windows Phone 7 user I can say it's a pain in the ass, and that the Surface tablets have between 1-3 second delays on actions.

There also no bloody good reason I should have to push a button >10 times for it to work, even though the button flashes like it received the input.
Incredible you've been using that slow phone OS for 2 years, there's nothing more annoying than those OS that have a very slow responsiveness.

That pisses me a lot, I like a lot more to have an old phone that simply works fast and well than an smartphone with low speed/responsiveness or system crashes.

Microsoft mobile OS have shown to be a piece of crap, with all the respect. Some friends have mobiles with Microsoft OS and they told me they have a lot of trouble with the phone.
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

Odd, I'd have thought that a more stringent set of hardware requirements would allow the OS to run better than Android with its 93453745303845 possible hardware permutations. A friend of mine has a Lumia phone with WP7 (or 7.5, don't remember), I haven't heard any complaints from him.

Lucky9Two
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Lucky9Two »

TESLA-X4 wrote:Odd, I'd have thought that a more stringent set of hardware requirements would allow the OS to run better than Android with its 93453745303845 possible hardware permutations. A friend of mine has a Lumia phone with WP7 (or 7.5, don't remember), I haven't heard any complaints from him.
Moved Phone Talk Here

cementiet
prop_physics
prop_physics

Post by cementiet »

W8 is the thing u need to evade at all costs... tried it, its horrible in every direction.

If i dint get a new screen some months ago i still hade the same background i posted a few years ago lol.
nya.

This is usualy how the first 5 min of my pc looks like when im not working on it yet, after that its a window spam of serveral programs even when using 2 screens.
So many idea's, So less time
DA: http://cementiet.deviantart.com/