Azure's F-15E Strike Eagle model, progress to soon be made.

You have an image? You want others to see it? You feel the need to show everyone a picture of your Mother? You have come to the right place!
Azure Edge
Donator
Donator

Azure's F-15E Strike Eagle model, progress to soon be made.

Post by Azure Edge »

The aircraft model I ordered has finally dropped in my mailbox, and since this is a first model, and it's gonna be time consuming, I figured I might as well track my progress somewhere with it. So progress shall soon be made!

Day One:

Model arrived, I unboxed it, and holy smokin' jesus titties cinnamon the box is bigger than I expected. I think it's 16" X 11" X 4" or so. Any of ya'll who are wondering, this design is actually from the combat flight simulation game, Ace Combat 6. Bandai Namco released a set of custom paintjobs for some ingame planes with themes from their popular talent simulation game, The iDOLM@STER. This particular character's name is Chihaya Kisaragi (and I swear, she is the same age as me as of this writing).

After unboxing the package, I proceeded to take everything out and look for myself. Thing contains at least 5 sheets of parts for the main body, and 2 sheets of decals. Instructions are multilingual (for the most part), and most of the instructions are easy to read diagrams.

Whenever I go to the hobby shop for tools, progress shall be made!~

Card reader started working again!

Day One Pictures:
► Show Spoiler
Day Two Pictures:
► Show Spoiler
Day Three Pictures:
► Show Spoiler
I've been live casting most of it too, so if you feel like watching, come on down, follow my channel at http://www.justin.tv/sakuramaxx to get a notification of when I start broadcasting.

Day 1 -
Day 1-1
Day 1-2
Day 1-3

Day 2 -
Day 2-1
Day 2-2

Day 3-
Day 3-1
Last edited by Azure Edge on Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:29 am, edited 4 times in total.
Image <- Push!
Curious?

kisori
Polygon
Polygon

Re: Azure's F-15E Strike Eagle model, progress to soon be ma

Post by kisori »

...This reminds me I still need to finish my Huey chopper model.
"Back in my day we didn't have resolution, we played FPS with two nerf guns. And one was broken."

World of Tanks, the only game where you can say "I penetrated him" all the time without someone thinking you're gay.
Arkusas
Donator
Donator

Re: Azure's F-15546545121684654156416549

Post by Arkusas »

Azure, get some nippers, a hobby knife, and some paint. If you spraypaint the trees before building, the model will look pretty good, but if you paint each individually after sanding the pieces, they'll look even better.
kisori
Polygon
Polygon

Re: Azure's F-15546545121684654156416549

Post by kisori »

Arkusas wrote:Azure, get some nippers, a hobby knife, and some paint. If you spraypaint the trees before building, the model will look pretty good, but if you paint each individually after sanding the pieces, they'll look even better.
I'm glad I waited till I heard about this, now time to get out my never before opened or used air spray kit.
"Back in my day we didn't have resolution, we played FPS with two nerf guns. And one was broken."

World of Tanks, the only game where you can say "I penetrated him" all the time without someone thinking you're gay.
Azure Edge
Donator
Donator

Post by Azure Edge »

eh I'm not sure about if I'm gonna use spray paint since I never saw it as being precise. And do instruction packets usually tell you what color paint to use and where to use it? I don't see it anywhere. I'm possibly going to broadcast at www.justin.tv/sakuramaxx at occasional times while building it, listening to music, playing guitar, and such too.
Image <- Push!
Curious?

kisori
Polygon
Polygon

Post by kisori »

Oh and Azure, it may be a stupid thing to say but, I wouldn't try doing the model on carpet or wood, if you have a Sun room it'd be best if you did it there or in a garage, because the paint could spill or an accident with the cement glue. I'm just trying to help you out.

Azure Edge
Donator
Donator

Post by Azure Edge »

Haha I'm using my PC desk lined with papers everywhere. It's all I have to use. I'll probably manage to be extra careful.
Image <- Push!
Curious?

Azure Edge
Donator
Donator

Post by Azure Edge »

Updated with links to past broadcasts
Image <- Push!
Curious?

MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

Yes, your aircraft is coming to be true.

I made a model some years ago (a Porsche 911). Some hours later finish it i suffered an alergic reaction. YES, i´m allergic to the glue used in model kits (i had to throw an incomplete Apache helicopter :( ).
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

Azure Edge
Donator
Donator

Post by Azure Edge »

Day 3 update - Main body assembly complete
Image <- Push!
Curious?