Trash Stand

Show off work in progress maps.
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

looks nice but how did you get on that heli?
and is that second one to drop the payload on the aliens and zombies?
anime watcher and manga reader and doesnt care what others think of it.
Image Image
ConTron
prop_static
prop_static

Post by ConTron »

destiny wrote:looks nice but how did you get on that heli?
I'm not sure, i'll probaly add a ladder in the final version
destiny wrote:and is that second one to drop the payload on the aliens and zombies?
It is supposed to cover you while you board the rescue helicopter
oc_cod4_shipment - Don't even ask me about it.

"Why do bullsquids make you like jump?"
Tallfire
prop_physics
prop_physics

Post by Tallfire »

Here are some ideas:

-Before the antlion rush you fight one or two guards before they come. You can kill them before the antlions come to make it easier for yourself but it just seems more epic that way to me.
-Zombies I think should make a continuous appearance, always coming at every round.
-After the cannister attack and combine rush, it would be pretty nice to have to hold out a bit against things like striders, apcs, and helicopters/gunships. Maybe have it where the choppers will open fire on them when they come. Would it be possible to make them on the same side as the zombies?
-Personally I think it would be extremely overwhelming to have grunts AND vortigaunts. I'd think that the vorts should join on your side or not be there being that grunts usually have a godly amount of hp and with their hornets they are very hard for even one person to kill.
-Are you planning on having the choppers shoot at the zombies too?
-How will we be getting ammo?
Ark
Donator
Donator

Post by Ark »

Tallfire wrote:Here are some ideas:
I think that we will get ammo from ammo crates, as you can see in the first screenshot.
Tallfire
prop_physics
prop_physics

Post by Tallfire »

lol, how did I miss that?
ConTron
prop_static
prop_static

Post by ConTron »

Thanks for the tips.

-Before the antlion rush you fight one or two guards before they come. You can kill them before the antlions come to make it easier for yourself but it just seems more epic that way to me.

Do you mean so when the finale starts there are antlions and antlion guards?

-Zombies I think should make a continuous appearance, always coming at every round.

I will think about this, since I was mainly going to have zombies in it but after much testing my friends and I had found this boring.

-After the cannister attack and combine rush, it would be pretty nice to have to hold out a bit against things like striders, apcs, and helicopters/gunships.

It is too late to do any major work on the map's layout now, APC's maybe but striders I highly doubt it.

Maybe have it where the choppers will open fire on them when they come.

This has been sort-of fixed, I can not seem to make the helicopter fire by force.

Would it be possible to make them on the same side as the zombies?

Yes.

-Personally I think it would be extremely overwhelming to have grunts AND vortigaunts. I'd think that the vorts should join on your side or not be there being that grunts usually have a godly amount of hp and with their hornets they are very hard for even one person to kill.

This has been the pinpoint of the discussion of the map. It is hard to survive with 2 players, but thinking that this map is meant for 5-10 players, it would be alot easier. But I may change it.

-Are you planning on having the choppers shoot at the zombies too?

It does.

There are weapon/ammo spawns around the map, you just couldn't see them in the videos.
oc_cod4_shipment - Don't even ask me about it.

"Why do bullsquids make you like jump?"
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

I Played 2v2 on oc_canyon_2 yesterday. I have to admit I had fun.
Vs maps don't get much play time. So it was good to put your map to good use, and have a bit of a teamdeath match session.

Actually playing the map with players, you get more of a feel of the map.
There's so much clutter in the map (props etc) its great for ambushing the enemy team.

Looking forward to Trash Stand!
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Turkey72
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by Turkey72 »

I like the concept of having a finale rescue, it isn't something you see in most maps(besides oc_waking_dead)
We will miss ya billy.
IronGun
Donator
Donator

Post by IronGun »

Sorry for the hard critism but I forgot to say the positives. If you are really gonna listen to the players then this map can't fail because survival maps are pretty rare. Well let's see and hope this is gonna be the first good survival map for OC. If the final version really has got more camping spots etc. then I'm lookin forward to test it,