oc_dunnowhat

Show off work in progress maps.
TheMoon
prop_static
prop_static

oc_dunnowhat

Post by TheMoon »

At first: No, this is not completely my idea, i was inspired by oc_kake_d, but all those additional things' origin is my brain.

Ok, so before you see my beautiful pics *lol* i wanna tell you something about the gameplay of the map i'm working on.

Its kind of a round-based teamplay: red and blue both try to earn money by succeeding in one of a few levels, where some of them require teamplay, some dont because theyre only for 1 player (the players can choose themselves which level they wanna play). They have a specified amount of time (like 4 or 5 minutes) to do so. By doing that, they fill up their teamscore, symbolized by a big red bar in their base. That score is their money, and when the "level-phase" has finished, both teams may spend it to buy NPC's or Upgrades in their base. (I implemented almost every NPC-type possible, expect some that seemed a bit buggy to me, like the aliengrunt; I did a lot of balancing tests and i guess i found a good price for each of them)
Those NPC's are spawning in an arena (I thought about some kind of gladiator-theme), and when the "buy-phase" has finished, the players get teleported there, too, but they are only spectators of the fight. When one team's NPCs are all defeated, the other team wins the round, and the level-phase begins again and so on and so on, until one team has won, lets say, 10 times and is the winner of the match.

The upgrades i talked about earlier could be somthing like getting a certain score each round without doing something, a giant ion beam which can be sent into the arena, or just some food or medipacks which you can throw to your NPCs to support them (further ideas are welcome)

Now thats my whole idea, its not all put into the map yet, but the round based system, the money and the buying of NPCs works well already and I just finished the second level for the level phase. The first one looks like that:

Its a level for two players: First you have to get one of them into the tower, from where he supports the other one with some static rpg's. Meanwhile, that one has to drive all the way with the airboat, avoiding obstacles and enemies, and get to the very end, where the team gets rewarded.

The second level is only for one player, its meant for situations where you dont find someone to team up with but nevertheless wanna make some money. In this level you "simply" have to shoot enemies, but they are moving really unpredictable and if you choose a harder difficulty (theres easy, medium, hard), you will have problems getting even one of those dead for some reasons i dont wanna explain now. When youve shot enough of them, you get to platform, where you have to throw a rollermine through a ring which is rotating around you using the gravity gun. If you succeed, the level is finished and you earn money, if not, well, try again ;)
Pics:

note: the pictures might be from different versions
These two levels are not completely finished, they may need some further optimization like model fading and such things, but in terms of gameplay, theyre finished.
Arena and bases are not really showable yet, or at least if you dont wanna see some cubes with dev-textures on them ;)
But dont expect to much as to the look, because even only with these two levels the map is already quite big (~2000 solids), and i have to duplicate all of the geometry for the other team so i guess i do well being a bit careful with too much detail, because i thought about having at least 5 levels to choose from.

Now it's your turn, give suggestions, as well to the gameplay as to the looks.
Oh, and before i forget: gimme a good idea for a mapname (i thought about oc_gladiator, but im not quite sure ;)

And I apologize for my english, i hope im at least understandable.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Love the Idea, the screenshots look very good, I was dribbling over those displacments for a second or so. Not so sure on the name, but I'm also having a similar dilema at the moment. All I can say is waiting to see more from you!

Oh and your english is fine, better than mine. :D
puppet master
Forum Furry
Forum Furry

Post by puppet master »

text
Last edited by puppet master on Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

Holy crap the first screenshots of the marsh area are insain! Great work there :thumbup:
Hell-met
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by Hell-met »

I'm sorry im too lazy to read his long post, is this an airboat racing map?
Lark
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Lark »

Fire_cube wrote:I'm sorry im too lazy to read his long post, is this an airboat racing map?
if you played kate_d this is like it but theres allways players in the rounds I think this will but the most popular map on W0rf0x's sever(HAPPY NOW I GOT YOUR NAME RIGHT!)
Last edited by Lark on Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

GEE TEE AI THREE LIBERTY CITY wrote:I think this will but the most popular map on WolFoX's sever(HAPPY NOW I GOT YOUR NAME RIGHT! right?)
NO YOU DIDNT GOT MY NAME RIGHT.
(all caps.)
LinkNEO
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by LinkNEO »

gtaiiilc is mad because he not admin of YaS and i'm cooler then him. 8)
:rocketman: hahah
Lark
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Lark »

LinkNEO wrote:gtaiiilc is mad because he not admin of YaS and i'm cooler then him. 8)
no im mad becuse its my birthday july 5th and I want my xbox 360 now D: also

:luigi: :unrealweap: :Cacodemon: >he is loling at you
Hell-met
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by Hell-met »

:unrealweap:

I just noticed how that weapon is the UT99 shockrifle and he's making that one badass attack with it.

Awsum
LinkNEO
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by LinkNEO »

gtaiiilc wrote:
LinkNEO wrote:gtaiiilc is mad because he not admin of YaS and i'm cooler then him. 8)
no im mad becuse its my birthday july 5th and I want my xbox 360 now D: also

:luigi: :unrealweap: :Cacodemon: >he is loling at you
:Cacodemon: :unrealweap:
:rocketman: :luigi: Luigi is dancing.