I want YOUR opinions for what to want to see in new maps.

Show off work in progress maps.
Lark
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

I want YOUR opinions for what to want to see in new maps.

Post by Lark »

I have been toying with hammer and the WC mappack for a long time now. I don't really know how to make my own maps yet but I am trying to learn so I can map for OC, but while I am learning Hammer I want to know what you want to see?

I know I am SICK of Europe and C17. We have plenty of that ( return to city 17,Broken Escape,HL2,HL2 EP1,and the list goes on!)

I also think we have plenty of "fun maps" (Harvest,that fishing one with the long name :P,ANY map by Zteer and so on and so forth)

So I would like you to tell me WHAT you want to see, WHO you want to see, WHERE you want to see them?

A quest to find the Aztec idol,a challenge to stop nuclear missile from launching,the sight of genocide of your Allies,to rain terror down on a city,a call to arms to defend the king,the choice of good or evil,to seek out the one hope of the world,or to simply to stop a riot?

Do you want to fight the military and the black ops,to quake in fear from the monsters of xen, possibly flee or make a stand against the horrors of the undead,to be greeted by a fleet of robots hell bent on your destruction,maybe swim for your lives from the creatures of the deep,to rebel against the government,to live and tell the tale of the the frighting combine?

Maybe a return to Black Mesa, a tromp trough xen,a run in the forest,to explore deep dark caves,to travel under the sea, to visit japan,or to set foot on the moon.

And how long to you wish to see these things a few minutes on one map ,a long and weary tale that spans a series,or to meet the middle grounds of a long weary battles and a short but sweet victory ?
Vasili
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Vasili »

Rapture.
Gurluas
npc_combine_s
npc_combine_s

Post by Gurluas »

Clearly a map in Xen...
It would look fantastic in source engine.
Keychain
Obsidian Veteran
Obsidian Veteran

Post by Keychain »

Gurluas wrote:Clearly a map in Xen...
It would look fantastic in source engine.
Technically we've already seen Xen on the source engine.
It's called Half-Life: Source. 8)
Gurluas
npc_combine_s
npc_combine_s

Post by Gurluas »

Yeah but source quality :)...
And...i never played halflfie source :p
Tono-Tako
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by Tono-Tako »

hl1 themed maps
use unused npcs
may be good remakes of sven coop maps
Vote for obsidian conflict in moddb
One click a day doesnt hurt your finger
Axel_m3sh
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by Axel_m3sh »

HL1 in hl2 lol
or
escape a lab after an experiment went wrong with aliens here and there and once your outside you must climb cliffsides and fight combine to reach the top of the mountain with a helipad and escape on a choppa only to have something attack you at the last moment and crash land in the ocean and then you wash up on an island belonging to an antlion colony so you have to find your way off the island so you head deep into caves to get to the other side of the island and then you find a magical fairy with huge eyes and big ass wings named W0rf0x and (s)he teleports you into a trippy acid blender with cell shade and outrageously overdone lines that point to the obvious escape ladder so you have to escape but the ladder breaks at the very last moment making you plummet to your doom.

Then you wake up in a lounge with some ppl and realize it's all a dream :)

Until the intercom rings and a security officer comes in saying "An experiment went wrong in sector C4! Aliens are attacking and I don't know where my beer went!"

-The end
Vasili
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Vasili »

Axel_m3sh wrote:HL1 in hl2 lol
or
escape a lab after an experiment went wrong with aliens here and there and once your outside you must climb cliffsides and fight combine to reach the top of the mountain with a helipad and escape on a choppa only to have something attack you at the last moment and crash land in the ocean and then you wash up on an island belonging to an antlion colony so you have to find your way off the island so you head deep into caves to get to the other side of the island and then you find a magical fairy with huge eyes and big ass wings named W0rf0x and (s)he teleports you into a trippy acid blender with cell shade and outrageously overdone lines that point to the obvious escape ladder so you have to escape but the ladder breaks at the very last moment making you plummet to your doom.

Then you wake up in a lounge with some ppl and realize it's all a dream :)

Until the intercom rings and a security officer comes in saying "An experiment went wrong in sector C4! Aliens are attacking and I don't know where my beer went!"

-The end
Do you write for hollywood or something?
sgae
FUCK ALL

Post by sgae »

Xen maps, Black Mesa themed maps and random custom history based maps (like a lot of SC maps), opposing force coop (with Opposing force npc's EH OC TEAM!!!), Blue shift coop (port it, maybe i can help)...

There's a lot of stuff to do but we need more bigger community!
Vasili
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Vasili »

http://niggastolemybike.ytmnd.com/

Like chase the black person.
Keychain
Obsidian Veteran
Obsidian Veteran

Post by Keychain »

If only npcs could use vehicles, then you can have a car chase. o3o
shiftey
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by shiftey »

There is a car chase is in my oc_escape_c17 map. Npc drives and the player shoots a mounted gun from the bed of the truck. I got the whole story put together, just gotta find the time to make the actual map.
Vasili
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Vasili »

Would this game be better if it was in the Crysis engine? IIRC it had car chases.
Supahchikin
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Supahchikin »

-City 08 (Neotokyo) (You can also find more C08 stuff at Jbarnes's gmod.org page)

-A map where you try to blow up the Kremlin

-A lab where a zombification virus broke out

- An HL2 version of DOTA

- An HL2 version of the Siberia level from Timesplitters 2

Note: These are all seperate map ideas.
Last edited by Supahchikin on Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Axel_m3sh
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by Axel_m3sh »

[YaS]Cyan wrote:-City 08 (Neotokyo) (You can also find more C08 stuff at Jbarnes's gmod.org page)
Lovin' the combine skin right there, could use it for something :o