2D's Little Coop Campain (WiP)

Show off work in progress maps.
Xenire
Former Developer
Former Developer

Re: 2D's Little Coop Campain (WiP)

Post by Xenire »

Wow. That is extremely impressive. What is that like a year of work right there? Pretty dang amazing.
[tab=135]Salt.
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

I miss my plane in this moment. How we are able to fight it?

:?:
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

Baddtraxx
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Baddtraxx »

<- speechless.
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

1 thats 1 impresive masterwork of the spirit of motherwill 2d you really know how to create some good stuf.
2 feel quite small wen i see vid wen you look at it.
anime watcher and manga reader and doesnt care what others think of it.
Image Image
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Patiently awaiting this. Its going to be sooo awesome!
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

fug4life wrote:Patiently awaiting this. Its going to be sooo awesome!
as they say patience gets rewarded.
Image Image
2D
Polygon
Polygon

Its Time to chose...

Post by 2D »

Ok, nothing special today.

Iam really busy with RL Work the last time, so the Progress is still slow, but steady.
Anyway, I'am off for the whole next week to install a Media System for my Company,
but this dosen't mean, i cant do anything. But right now, you guys need to do something for me.

Its about wich Ship you want to use in the Final maps of Conclusion A, and here they are:
Image Image
The Gaion Assault Ship and the Manta BlackOps Ship.

Be aware, that both Ships will have there own Style of Gameplay and Features, wich i will definetly.. not telling atm 8)

One Feature are controllable Fighters, but iam still figuring, how masa0x has createt them :arrow:

Anyway, i would say for the voting, just say, wich Ship you want, the Gaion or the Manta.
When iam back, i will check the results, and maybe there will something additional to show off.
Who the frak is General Failure and why is he reading my Hard Disk Drive.
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

Manta. Reminds me a "The Order of the New Dawn Aerodine".

EDIT: IT´S AERODINE, HOVERDINE IS THE LAND UNITS, IDIOT!!!
Last edited by MaestraFénix on Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fire Sniper
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Fire Sniper »

Gaion for me like the way it looks
DisConnected
npc_hovering_assassin
npc_hovering_assassin

Post by DisConnected »

Well, I've seen big and ambitious maps come out a few ways. One way is that they were really amazing, but lagged with anything more than 3 people. Another is that the map had really good systems and entity work, but it wasn't fun after a few playthroughs (a few I've seen on OC are harvest, diving, and kake). The other way is that the map was good, but wasn't as fun as the hype made everyone think it would be. So I'm skeptical about this map, but those are just a few things to let you try and work around to make it a better map.

Oh and also, from what I've seen you have a lot of bosses. Basically boss spam. You can't have a boss come up every 15-30 minutes that take 30 rockets to take down. If you do it would just be boring, and after you've seen and dodged the 3-4 attacks it has it becomes a chore more than fun. And also I saw that on one part you'd have like 5 different bosses chasing you. Why would the Combine really send 5 different aircrafts that all have different weaknesses and attacks to go after ONE thing. If it were me I would send in 5 assault choppers. Not a jeep, a tank, an APC, a helicopter, and a plane all to take out a train. So space bosses out and build up suspense to them. Leading onto my second point about the fighting beyond the bosses. What is it like? I haven't seen any pictures of anything outside a boss, unless I missed them, so update the OP with some info.

And also, I think what you're doing is having a custom boss everytime. If you want a realistic aspect, then you need more than one of each boss. Or at least inform the players that there isn't just one of these things around, but you don't have to fight 10 of them. It's kind of like an army building a battleship that has 10 meter thick titanium armour but only building one, and then the rest of the navy consists of cruisers and destroyers. Eventually the battleship WILL sink, and then what would they do? Or having an extremely powerful AA gun on an aircraft carrier but only having one. Sure it might be recognizable after a few enemy attacks, but it would probably be the only thing recognisable on that ship. So have more than one boss make an appearance, or at least hint that there's more than one, even though you'd only have to fight one.
Oh, don't be such a baby. Episode 3 will come out.

*Turns to Archimedes*

No it won't.
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

cant choose between them.
Image Image
2D
Polygon
Polygon

Post by 2D »

@DisConnected:
I think you missunderstanding something. Its not One huge map, its a series of maps, lika a campain. I know the Problem with huge maps, and thats why iam doing it this way, And i can even develop a little Story this way.
The Second one is, there aren't Bosses behind every corner. Its just, since They are the most and tricky Work of tha hole thing, that i designed and finsihed them first, so if one couldn't be made final, i could replace it with something. And to see, were are the limits.

To the thing with the "custom bosses". Not all are unique, there are more than 1 Assault Gunship or more than 1 SolDios or more than 1 of the Tanktrain. Its just for the "Experimental" Units, like the SoM, Answerer or the Sunspire, they are unique. And sometiems, you dont even want to run into 1 of them, like the SoM or the Tanktrain. Your just in the wrong place at the wrong time ^^

Ok, so its Gaion => 1
and Manta => 1
Who the frak is General Failure and why is he reading my Hard Disk Drive.
Axel_m3sh
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by Axel_m3sh »

I'd be cool if the Galon had a blue glow opposed to the red Manta lol
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

2D, I know you still alive. Please come back and explain if you continue working on this or not (if not, release it).

If I was able to convince to FunJob to do it with Nerv, I'll be able to do it again.

DON'T DIE ON ME!!!

destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

were not letting this one die, GET ME THE CHEST PEDALS OR WHATEVER YOU CALL THE SHOCKING THINGY'S.
Image Image