Oc_Insane

Show off work in progress maps.
Axel_m3sh
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Re: Oc_Insane

Post by Axel_m3sh »

Animated textures on those goo-walls would make everything trippy. Retexture it with random colors and you get insta-LSD :v
Plasma HeadCrabD
npc_citizen
npc_citizen

Post by Plasma HeadCrabD »

also. humm.. when you make a broken wall. just watch the real life ones. that may help you
Current Projects:
oc_Maestro Fénix_HeadCrabD_Nz(just for boring)
oc_der_riese(don't even think about it.)
oc_nacht_der_untoten (work again!)
(also,you can see some pics about this map on my moddb blog.)
http://www.moddb.com/members/headcrabd
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

We lost both Insane, and an unannounced one called Happy Hill (based off on Silent Hill, like your new project) some weeks after fusing both maps, when their HDD went corrupt.

Some days ago we discovered old versions of them, but Insane lost the incredible brushwork he did (only is done a little more of the last stuff shown here), and from Happy Hill only is left the initial metal bridge.

If those remnants can be recycled on another map, is something that only the time can tell...
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

ECLWheatley
Vertex
Vertex

Post by ECLWheatley »

Maestro Fénix wrote:We lost both Insane, and an unannounced one called Happy Hill (based off on Silent Hill, like your new project) some weeks after fusing both maps, when their HDD went corrupt.

Some days ago we discovered old versions of them, but Insane lost the incredible brushwork he did (only is done a little more of the last stuff shown here), and from Happy Hill only is left the initial metal bridge.

If those remnants can be recycled on another map, is something that only the time can tell...
Everything Fenix said it's true, although I could remake them unfortunately I have no intention of remaking them and am off from mapping business except for a few exceptional projects, Since than am now focusing on Digital art and modeling, so in off chance somehow I created a new map and post it online, either that means I turned mad, British, high or I finally found a Green Tree frog and called it a greninja, I could give out the vmfs but I don't think there's anything worth continuing in it except you want a 10 percent map for some reason or that's your fetish which I would say unlikely, anyhow though I Thank everyone who posted in this thread and support me in it, although ended up as a failure I did find some nice friends.

Also incase anyone wanted to know the Biograph of Happy Hill if not you can ignore this part as you wish:

It was supposed to be as fenix said: A silent Hill Knockoff, It was suppose to set maybe after Insane, the point was trying to create a huge map that players can explore the town, making it hugely open ended and everyone can go anywhere they want, no restriction except for obvious places, players can go to side missions to find weapons, supplies and more information of what happen to the town, and the weapon and health was scarce that it would look like a miracle if you find two shotgun ammo boxes, also I wanted to add different melee weapons for multiple reasons, and since the fog would have given a huge optimization it would have been much easier to work with, also apparently I wanted to do some sort of different areas that several different players can go to at once or together as a group to pick up parts to open the final area, Seems like a great idea at the time, everyone can go anywhere to finish any objective they find and explore areas and complete simple/complex puzzles to acquire weapons/ammo or health although one problem came up is how the hell are we suppose to implant all that without causing a nuclear meltdown, but we never had that problem cause the HDD died before I even reach that situation. so point aside the project had a slim chance, but it was fun atleast and it would have turned into linear map because of limitation or I could have set it as multiple maps since I know Oc has the ability to change maps while the players still have there own arsenal from the previous one, But hey we all have our experiences and this one so far was a good one which I can't really complain about.

So see you all in billion years, or maybe I accidentally see you somewhere that is.