Obsidian Conflict Version 1.22 Patch is Ready!

Obsidian News Archive.
Heckler Stev
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Heckler Stev »

Well I tested them in GMod to see if they would work for SMod...
Also, I heard Romka is going to the army?
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

Romka is wasting his god given talent imo, I always tell him he could work for Ubi or some other German game company but he thinks he stinks. :'(
Lark
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Lark »

skidz wrote:It isn't a readable file on its own, its hex has been mathematically scrambled. It would take more work then its worth to decrypt them.
more than worth oh no its not there so cool and how can I not want to pose them if its so hard I must bribe someone that has it gmod compatable.I mean his models are so cool like the cleansuit sic I would love to have it.
Hell-met
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by Hell-met »

gtaiiilc wrote:
skidz wrote:It isn't a readable file on its own, its hex has been mathematically scrambled. It would take more work then its worth to decrypt them.
more than worth oh no its not there so cool and how can I not want to pose them if its so hard I must bribe someone that has it gmod compatable.I mean his models are so cool like the cleansuit sic I would love to have it.
Be quiet selfish faggot.
Sonic
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by Sonic »

coolio. Now to wait for the new/next version haha :)
Image>>>>>Image<<<<<
puppet master
Forum Furry
Forum Furry

Post by puppet master »

text
Last edited by puppet master on Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Power-Mad
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Power-Mad »

I thought ubisoft was a paris company....
Chandler
npc_hunter
npc_hunter

Post by Chandler »

I thought they were American, but had branches in Paris, Canada (Toronto), Germany and Mexico. DFon't know why the last one but...whatever
your evil twin
Vertex
Vertex

Post by your evil twin »

Are Romka's human grunts only used for Half-Life Source maps? Or are there any Obsidian maps that use them?

I didn't see anyone playing any Half Life Source maps on the server browser... I want to fight those cool grunts! Do I need to anything special to join a server running HLS maps? (I do have HLS installed.) And where are the instructions for creating a server using HLS maps?
Heckler Stev wrote:Ah, man, you made it so you can only use the grunts in obsidian conflict, didn't you? They come up as errors in Gmod and Smod...
Damn, I was hoping to use the grunts in regular Half-Life Source, or to replace the rebels in Half-Life 2, or the friendly soldiers in SMOD... Obsidian Conflict is certainly cool, but it is a shame that the encrypted models mean I won't be able to use them in regular HL Source or HL2 or any mods. (Can understand why you guys did it though, lots of idiots on the GMOD forums and places like FPS Banana.)

Any chances of unencrypted versions in a few months time, when everyone is familiar with the fact that Obsidian Conflict has these cool models? Because then if someone released them on GMOD forums as their own, someone else would immediately say "those are from Obsidian Conflict, done by Romka".
Mustang
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by Mustang »

Garry deletes every topic relating to OC on the facepunch forums
Hyperjag3 wrote:God damnit, I can't take anymore of that fag's shit, banned.
skidz wrote:Your account and IP are banned for life, goodbye.
Hell-met
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by Hell-met »

your evil twin wrote:Are Romka's human grunts only used for Half-Life Source maps? Or are there any Obsidian maps that use them?

I didn't see anyone playing any Half Life Source maps on the server browser... I want to fight those cool grunts! Do I need to anything special to join a server running HLS maps? (I do have HLS installed.) And where are the instructions for creating a server using HLS maps?
Heckler Stev wrote:Ah, man, you made it so you can only use the grunts in obsidian conflict, didn't you? They come up as errors in Gmod and Smod...
Damn, I was hoping to use the grunts in regular Half-Life Source, or to replace the rebels in Half-Life 2, or the friendly soldiers in SMOD... Obsidian Conflict is certainly cool, but it is a shame that the encrypted models mean I won't be able to use them in regular HL Source or HL2 or any mods. (Can understand why you guys did it though, lots of idiots on the GMOD forums and places like FPS Banana.)

Any chances of unencrypted versions in a few months time, when everyone is familiar with the fact that Obsidian Conflict has these cool models? Because then if someone released them on GMOD forums as their own, someone else would immediately say "those are from Obsidian Conflict, done by Romka".
I love your reviews on PHL. Keep up the good work.
puppet master
Forum Furry
Forum Furry

Post by puppet master »

text
Last edited by puppet master on Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mustang
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by Mustang »

You tell me.
Hyperjag3 wrote:God damnit, I can't take anymore of that fag's shit, banned.
skidz wrote:Your account and IP are banned for life, goodbye.
Hyperjag3
npc_strider
npc_strider

Post by Hyperjag3 »

your evil twin wrote:Any chances of unencrypted versions in a few months time, when everyone is familiar with the fact that Obsidian Conflict has these cool models? Because then if someone released them on GMOD forums as their own, someone else would immediately say "those are from Obsidian Conflict, done by Romka".
That would be up to Romka, so possibly.
your evil twin
Vertex
Vertex

Post by your evil twin »

Ah cool. I thought maybe Romka had actually official joined the OC team now, so it was an Obsidian Conflict team decision, rather than a Romka descision.

I recall on the HIT forums Romka was never happy about people using his work without permission, hehe. Now he's finally got a way of stopping people messing with his models!

Oh... yeah... back to my original questions... do Romkas grunts appear in any of the normal Obsidian Conflict maps, or just the HLS maps? And do I have to do anything special to join a game using HLS maps? And are there any instructions anywhere for setting up servers using HLS maps? (I'm not planning a dedicated server or anything, I just want to start up a game of OC for myself so I can run around in HLS maps.)
Fire_cube wrote:I love your reviews on PHL. Keep up the good work.
Thanks man. :) I've been a bit inactive for quite a while, but I've got a review of a singleplayer mod in the pipeline... and then who knows what mod may get reviewed after that, eh? A certain cooperative mod that has just been updated, maybe? :wink: (Heh, that is assuming that one of PHL's head honchos doesn't decide to review or MOTW it first!)

Little bit of trivia: I find Romka's new grunts especially cool due to the little H.E.C.U. tags on them. It stands for Hazardous Environment Combat Unit, a term seen only once in Opposing Force during the opening text. I got tired of everyone calling the soldiers "the grunts" "the marines" "the army" and so I tried to convert everyone to using the HECU term. I did posts on several forums saying "they aren't marines, they aren't the army, they are the HECU... and I even created an entry on wikipedia for them. (Which has since been heavily added to by other people.) So it is quite rewarding to see that the name has now become so popular that Romka is actually emblazoning the name on his grunts.
Alexander "your evil twin" Van Wingerden-Cross
Planet Half-Life Staff Writer
www.planethalflife.com