Happy new year!

Obsidian News Archive.
Seaal
Vertex
Vertex

Re: Happy new year!

Post by Seaal »

I have a question. Since Obsidian Conflict was made to mount .gcf files, is it not going to work now since everything is packed in .vpk files? I'm trying to play EP2 with my friend by going in the chapter 1 door in oc_lobby, but nothing happens. When I check the console, ep2_ levels do not show up, and I do indeed have the game mounted in Mod Options. HL2 levels don't even show up either. Oddly though, ep1_ levels will still show up.
Plasma HeadCrabD
npc_citizen
npc_citizen

Post by Plasma HeadCrabD »

Seaal wrote:I have a question. Since Obsidian Conflict was made to mount .gcf files, is it not going to work now since everything is packed in .vpk files? I'm trying to play EP2 with my friend by going in the chapter 1 door in oc_lobby, but nothing happens. When I check the console, ep2_ levels do not show up, and I do indeed have the game mounted in Mod Options. HL2 levels don't even show up either. Oddly though, ep1_ levels will still show up.

Try steam pipline fix. and you can delete all gcf files in steamapps : P

i think the steampipline fix still in somewhere place.....
Current Projects:
oc_Maestro Fénix_HeadCrabD_Nz(just for boring)
oc_der_riese(don't even think about it.)
oc_nacht_der_untoten (work again!)
(also,you can see some pics about this map on my moddb blog.)
http://www.moddb.com/members/headcrabd
Seaal
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Seaal »

Plasma HeadCrabD wrote: Try steam pipline fix. and you can delete all gcf files in steamapps : P

Is it this? I know it obviously says SteamPipe Fix, but I thought there was an easier way than this. I don't know though.
daunknownman2010
Donator
Donator

Post by daunknownman2010 »

Seaal wrote:
Plasma HeadCrabD wrote: Try steam pipline fix. and you can delete all gcf files in steamapps : P

Is it this? I know it obviously says SteamPipe Fix, but I thought there was an easier way than this. I don't know though.
You can do the less efficient way of just extracting ep2_pak_dir.vpk into ..\Source SDK Base 2007\ep2, not really recommended and you should follow the better SteamPipe fix.
OwO what's this???
Seaal
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Seaal »

Alright. The game has been working since I did the fix I showed. Forgot how much fun co-op on the HL2 campaign was :D.

If it's okay, I have one very simple request I have for the next version. It'd be nice to have the freedom to change viewmodel_fov. I'm used to it being 60, and normally for every single HL2 game and mod, the default is 54. Nearly every single one doesn't require cheats to edit it. Obsidian Conflict doesn't either, but the problem is that whenever you pick up something, holster, or switch weapons, the viewmodel fov automatically reverts back to 54. Of course, I just don't bother making it 60 unless I have one weapon in the map, but I would be happy if you could change the command to stop resetting.
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

Seaal wrote:Alright. The game has been working since I did the fix I showed. Forgot how much fun co-op on the HL2 campaign was :D.

If it's okay, I have one very simple request I have for the next version. It'd be nice to have the freedom to change viewmodel_fov. I'm used to it being 60, and normally for every single HL2 game and mod, the default is 54. Nearly every single one doesn't require cheats to edit it. Obsidian Conflict doesn't either, but the problem is that whenever you pick up something, holster, or switch weapons, the viewmodel fov automatically reverts back to 54. Of course, I just don't bother making it 60 unless I have one weapon in the map, but I would be happy if you could change the command to stop resetting.
I wonder if it has something to do with the fact you can specify the desired FOV at the weapons scripts. We will check that.
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

Seaal
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Seaal »

Maestro Fénix wrote: I wonder if it has something to do with the fact you can specify the desired FOV at the weapons scripts. We will check that.
Okay. Thank you so much!