Map crashing problem!

C++ Got ya down? Half-Life 2 Coding Related.
Bloomer
Vertex
Vertex

Map crashing problem!

Post by Bloomer »

This part of the forum looks rather dead :(

Anyway, i was trying to make my own personal hl2 coop mod for me and a couple friends, and so far its gone wonderful. I'm using Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Express. I've learned a lot from it, like how the AI works, weapons, hud, teams, etc etc.

I've fixed a lot of things, like the relations, weapons and animations but im still having a few problems. The helicopter bullets(in the canals levels) are invisable, and levels like d1_trainstation_01 ALWAYS crash. its does this in d1_towns_01 as well. same thing with trainstation_05, and the d1_eli_01(right when alyx is supposed to come in) and theres a few other levels, but its pointless to post them. How can I fix this?

Also, im using the MP code. Does anyone know how to(as asked in http://www.obsidianconflict.com/forums/ ... highlight=) enable the whole "E to pickup objects" in multiplayer?

-Bloomer. :wink:
Bloomer
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Bloomer »

I Think i've found the problem, i just dont know how to fix it.

i get these errors
choreoobjects.lib(choreoactor.obj) : warning LNK4204: 'f:\mapslol\spmodSC\src\dlls\Release HL2\vc80.pdb' is missing debugging information for referencing module; linking object as if no debug info
choreoobjects.lib(choreochannel.obj) : warning LNK4204: 'f:\mapslol\spmodSC\src\dlls\Release HL2\vc80.pdb' is missing debugging information for referencing module; linking object as if no debug info
choreoobjects.lib(choreoevent.obj) : warning LNK4204: 'f:\mapslol\spmodSC\src\dlls\Release HL2\vc80.pdb' is missing debugging information for referencing module; linking object as if no debug info
choreoobjects.lib(choreoscene.obj) : warning LNK4204: 'f:\mapslol\spmodSC\src\dlls\Release HL2\vc80.pdb' is missing debugging information for referencing module; linking object as if no debug info
i really think it has something to do with the scenes. Becuase i edited d1_trainstation_01, took out the gman scene, and put the spawn point inside of the trainstation. I walk past a trigger that calls the scene, and i get the same type of crash i got when i try and load the original d1_trainstation_01

Any ideas?
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

Bloomer wrote:I Think i've found the problem, i just dont know how to fix it.

i get these errors
choreoobjects.lib(choreoactor.obj) : warning LNK4204: 'f:\mapslol\spmodSC\src\dlls\Release HL2\vc80.pdb' is missing debugging information for referencing module; linking object as if no debug info
choreoobjects.lib(choreochannel.obj) : warning LNK4204: 'f:\mapslol\spmodSC\src\dlls\Release HL2\vc80.pdb' is missing debugging information for referencing module; linking object as if no debug info
choreoobjects.lib(choreoevent.obj) : warning LNK4204: 'f:\mapslol\spmodSC\src\dlls\Release HL2\vc80.pdb' is missing debugging information for referencing module; linking object as if no debug info
choreoobjects.lib(choreoscene.obj) : warning LNK4204: 'f:\mapslol\spmodSC\src\dlls\Release HL2\vc80.pdb' is missing debugging information for referencing module; linking object as if no debug info
i really think it has something to do with the scenes. Becuase i edited d1_trainstation_01, took out the gman scene, and put the spawn point inside of the trainstation. I walk past a trigger that calls the scene, and i get the same type of crash i got when i try and load the original d1_trainstation_01

Any ideas?
Yea, we get those errors as well and they are un-important. You could fix them by recompiling those libraries.
Bloomer
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Bloomer »

Are you saying thats the reason for the crash?

I'd really like to pin-point exactly what it is, so i can fix it and we can play.

EDIT: By the way, what does your sig mean?
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

Those shouldn't cause a crash, it is only telling you there is a lack of debug information from from objects. Valve should fix it someday.
Bloomer
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Bloomer »

Yeah :(

Well do you know if this is a coding problem? (yeah i tried google lol)
Or is it something in my mod i have forgotten to add?

It must have something to do with the scenes. Thats the ONLY time it crashes ;_;
Bloomer
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Bloomer »

Nvm i think i got it. I never fixed any function calls....theres a sh$% load of them. im gonna be so pissed if this isnt the problem :(