Obsidian Veteran
Obsidian Veteran

Post by Keychain »

MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

Brutal.

I want to play it, but, i going to work (nooo). I´ll play it on afternoon.

P.D: Key, dont use the older bot_add, is better tf_bot_add.
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

Keychain
Obsidian Veteran
Obsidian Veteran

Post by Keychain »

Maestro Fénix wrote: P.D: Key, dont use the older bot_add, is better tf_bot_add.
Uh, no. tf_bot_add spawns bots that shoot enemy players automatically. We wanted bots that stood around doing nothing.
SNOWMAN7
Donator
Donator

Post by SNOWMAN7 »

Hehehe, the mini sentry is so cute :3
If theres a sound mod for it that replaces like to chibi portal turret sounds, I'll totally get it
Mr. Someguy
npc_hunter
npc_hunter

Post by Mr. Someguy »

There is I think, it's in Key's video unless those sounds were added afterwards.

You could just do it yourself too, isn't hard.
Ranka
Donator
Donator

Post by Ranka »

If anyone wanted to know the Southern Hospitality takes scrap metal + ambassador to craft.
Kamen Rider\Super Sentai\Tokusatsu Maniac
Philosogamer
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Philosogamer »

After playing around with it (being a vet. engineer, oc), I've noticed key differences in the play style because of the new weapons.
The micro-managing of everything you controlled, knowing what spots were good spots and remembering those spots are gone (for the most part, at least). The fragility of the engineer after the sentry is gone has been fixed up for the most part as well.

-The Wrangler gives more acceptable spots and flexibility for the sentries. It also causes the micromanaging to decrease severely, if you are a defensive engineer with an offensive teleport. Otherwise, it is the same, you just need to play it safer.

-The Gunslinger provides cheaper, weaker and quicker built sentries. These sentries can't be upgraded, and their task seems to be a hasty defense over an area. The mini-sentry, as it is called, has a strobe light on the top, and is higher pitched, but is smaller.

-Frontier Justice seems to pair well with The Gunslinger. The number of kills a sentry gets before it is destroyed translates to a certain number of "revenge crits" that are removed after you die. The random crits are gone, and you have half the original shotgun's clip size.

I have yet to obtain Southern Comfort, so I can not review it at this time.

The unlocks are obtained from bottom up on this list, with the exception of Southern Comfort, which, as already stated, is crafted from an Ambassador and 1 scrap metal.
Mr. Someguy
npc_hunter
npc_hunter

Post by Mr. Someguy »

Which sucks because I sacrificed my Ambassador trying to get a shiny golden wrench.
mmavipc
Vertex
Vertex

Post by mmavipc »

You can easily destory your own sentry and get revenge crits. Just switch your wrench weapon in the loadout and then when you touch a ammo refil your sentry will die and you will be able to get the revenge crits.