Lan servers are restricted to local clients (class C)

Server Help/Discussion.
Alfie
prop_static
prop_static

Lan servers are restricted to local clients (class C)

Post by Alfie »

Trying to set up a listen server. I've forwarded my ports correctly. sv_lan is set to 0. I've had my setup working before with a dedicated server, but I have formatted my system and have no idea how to set Obsidian Conflict up with SteamPipe (if anyone could let me know that'd be great).
When I type heartbeat it console it says

Code: Select all

MasterRequestRestart
Your server needs to be restarted in order to receive the latest update.
Don't really know what I can do to restart the server. It's a listen server, there's no OC updates that I'm aware of.
I don't know what else to do/change apart from forward ports and sv_lan.
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Re: Lan servers are restricted to local clients (class C)

Post by TESLA-X4 »

You'll have to modify steam.inf as per this guide. Unfortunately, Valve broke something on their backend (yet again) so the server lists are empty for just about every Source-based mod out there.
Apparently, Valve can't make games beyond the number 2.
I think the only time we'll get a Source SDK code update is when it starts having purchasable hats integrated, i.e. hatconomy.

Please do not make assumptions you are not knowledgeable enough to make - that just backfires on yourself.
Tick me off, and I'll be sure to give you the golden treatment. Haven't you heard? Silence is golden.
Alfie
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Alfie »

TESLA-X4 wrote:You'll have to modify steam.inf as per this guide. Unfortunately, Valve broke something on their backend (yet again) so the server lists are empty for just about every Source-based mod out there.
not sure what that has to do with my problem, my friend is joining through the connect command in console. I'm not bothered about it showing in the server browser.
Regardless, I did what the thread said and my friend still can't join.
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

Changes to sv_lan require a map change to take effect. You have Valve to thank for that requirement.
Apparently, Valve can't make games beyond the number 2.
I think the only time we'll get a Source SDK code update is when it starts having purchasable hats integrated, i.e. hatconomy.

Please do not make assumptions you are not knowledgeable enough to make - that just backfires on yourself.
Tick me off, and I'll be sure to give you the golden treatment. Haven't you heard? Silence is golden.
Alfie
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Alfie »

TESLA-X4 wrote:Changes to sv_lan require a map change to take effect. You have Valve to thank for that requirement.
I've added +sv_lan 0 to my launch options and it still doesn't work. If I type sv_lan in console before I even start the server it returns the value 0. And I did the same again when I had started the server and it still returned 0. I can host TF2 listen servers just fine.