Setting up a new OC server

Server Help/Discussion.
Ragonz
Pixel

Setting up a new OC server

Post by Ragonz »

Trying to set up a OC server but running into problems with well basically the whole process

HLDS no longer works so cannot download the Orangebox content, have tried bodging it together from all the steamcmd content I have but really unsure of where to go
GCF's no longer exist and whilst I've been able to extract certain content from the vpk's I can find many are called different things so I cant find them.

What I'm wondering is does anyone have a working server they can upload to me or a guide on how to set up the server with steamcmd or I've seen a post or 2 saying there is a batch file which will set up most of the server for me but I cannot find the batch file anywhere.

Help please :)

Thanks
Ragonz
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Re: Setting up a new OC server

Post by MaestraFénix »

The temporal way to make an OC server is here: http://obsidianconflict.net/forums/view ... f=1&t=5106

Scroll down until you read "How to make an OC server with SteamPipe".

*I should run some tests again when following this guide, like for example if there is any change when extracting the content on an alternative order at the client.*
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

Ragonz
Pixel

Post by Ragonz »

Thanks for that, could you clarify this line - Now, go into each folder of the downloaded game, and extract all the files that has the VPKs (but don't extract the bin and platform folders). Also, do not extract the VPKs that are at the platform folder at the root server folder.

Where am I extracting the VPK files to and do you mean moving the VPK files out of the folders to somewhere else or using a tool to extract content actually out of the vpk's?
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

Ragonz wrote:Thanks for that, could you clarify this line - Now, go into each folder of the downloaded game, and extract all the files that has the VPKs (but don't extract the bin and platform folders). Also, do not extract the VPKs that are at the platform folder at the root server folder.

Where am I extracting the VPK files to and do you mean moving the VPK files out of the folders to somewhere else or using a tool to extract content actually out of the vpk's?
For example:

Cstrike folder. It contains several VPK files, right? You must extract them on the same place you found them (inside Cstrike on this case). Use GCFscape to open and extract the files of the VPK files. I mentionated it at the beginning of the Client Side part:
Go to the following paths, and extract the VPKs that has each folder to the same folder. You need GCFScape to open it. Open the ones that ends as _dir (example: In Steamapps\Common\Half-Life 2\lostcoast, extract lostcoast_pak_dir contents in the same place, in the lostcoast folder)

Ragonz
Pixel

Post by Ragonz »

Ok, Im getting somewhere with this now, I have a server running and Im not seeing any massive purple and black blocks anymore. However I dont seem to be able to break down any of the doors to enter a level, any ideas?
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

Ragonz wrote:Ok, Im getting somewhere with this now, I have a server running and Im not seeing any massive purple and black blocks anymore. However I dont seem to be able to break down any of the doors to enter a level, any ideas?
I guess you are talking about oc_lobby.

You have to configure it at the oc_lobby_modify file on maps/cfg folder.