Houndeye

BullSquid

Gargantua

Alien Grunt

Human Grunt
ImageImage

Hunter
Screenshots Soon!
Last edited by skidz on Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:05 pm, edited 10 times in total.
[JSC][GU]PREDATOR
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by [JSC][GU]PREDATOR »

AWW DUDE THAT IS AMAZING!

how did you do that? hl1 was made by siera and hl2 was made by steam, it is 2 completely different programs well done!
maddios

Post by maddios »

Hl1 and Hl2 were both made by Valve. Hl1 had Sierra as a sponsor, and Steam is a program Valve uses to distribute games. HL1 was made ON a program that I forget the name of, and HL2 was made on the Source Engine.
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

We have the Gargantua working, and the Tenticle.
Leeches, Alien Grunts, and a lot of other stuff has been ported. No models for them, the code is there just in case someone wants to use them. We use a system of model replacment and sound replacment so you can have your own NPCs or Weapons.
[JSC]AnarchyLives
Vertex
Vertex

Post by [JSC]AnarchyLives »

man those NPCs are insane but for some reason i can't see the Gargantua or the Combine Assassin. Are they up there or no?
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

The gargantua doesnt have any screenshots currently :p

And the Combine Assassin isnt complete, and probably wont show up till after we release the public beta.
Power-Mad
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Power-Mad »

Damn... I have begged and moaned a long time hoping someone would make a functioning combine assassin. It is the one thing I'd been heartbroken over sense half life 2 release.

Ah well. I'll have to wait til it's finished to see the dual weilding, combine flipping, kung fu kicking insanity.
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

Power-Mad wrote:Damn... I have begged and moaned a long time hoping someone would make a functioning combine assassin. It is the one thing I'd been heartbroken over sense half life 2 release.

Ah well. I'll have to wait til it's finished to see the dual weilding, combine flipping, kung fu kicking insanity.
Ive seen it working in the beta somewhat, they were pretty cool but also somewhat broken.
Chandler
npc_hunter
npc_hunter

Post by Chandler »

Personally Skidz I'd try to update all of the Creatures AI. Nothing more of a pain than wtaching a coltigore run at you and then when you throw the nade it runs away. :shock:
Power-Mad
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Power-Mad »

You should try to get the original grunts in. Just update their model a bit so it's not so low res.
Chandler
npc_hunter
npc_hunter

Post by Chandler »

Hell no. Keep the Ai from HL2. It's much mroe intelligent and is capable of thinking outside the box. In a way. Otherwise you'll just see the following in game

*man throws nade*
*AI scatters*
Everyone picks them off one by one.
rinse repeat

Now if you keep it the same, and maybe tweak it jyst a bit here's what happens.

*man throws grenade*
*AI picks it up and chucks it back at your ass*
Everyone on the players side dies. People now have to think strategically to kill the soldiers.

No rinse no repeat, and people have to use their head and come up with a better strategy.
Power-Mad
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Power-Mad »

I don't know what half life 2 you're playing but half the AI ain't even smart enough to run from a damn nade, much less throw it back.

10 out of 10 people I talk to agree, half life 1's grunt AI is better than half life 2's combine AI. the few who say otherwise can't even give anymore than some bullcrap denial of a reason otherwise.

Here's how a battle runs down with half life 1 AI:
Enter room, enemies scatter for close by cover, start's laying suppresive fire, and throws a grenade if you try to hide behind cover.

Here's half life 2:
Enter room, enemies run around shooting at you, some try to throw a grenade, some run so they're half covered by a box, and they all die very quickly as you run directly at them.
Mixon
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Mixon »

Power-Mad wrote:Here's half life 2:
Enter room, enemies run around shooting at you, some try to throw a grenade, some run so they're half covered by a box, and they all die very quickly as you run directly at them.
Yees... I must say that it is hard to make good AI in mods. When playing HL2 i were confused about how good soldiers behave. Since playing the mods i thought "Geez! Is it really this AI, it's weird". Let's hope that our boys behind mod will do their best to the AI.
Jedyny w swym rodzaju Mixon
Chandler
npc_hunter
npc_hunter

Post by Chandler »

hmmm you also seem to forget because of the AI's fire rtiggering, They shoot uin bursts. At least the combine shot all of their ammo. Cept the elites they would triple burst, thenretreat if you didn't die and shoot a 'ball

Oh and they also seem to stay ion one place when shooting at you
Power-Mad
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Power-Mad »

Are we able to edit NPC health, damage, names and such?