npc_citizen

Post by [JSC]megabyteman »

Wow! These are amazing.
Chandler
npc_hunter
npc_hunter

Post by Chandler »

Freakin Awesome!

hey are you guys putting in the Egon Gun? or are you just leaving the gauss?
Inflames007
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Inflames007 »

Nice nice, but I would consider adding a blue dynamic light to the gunship..
Looks wierd in that pich black map.
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

Inflames007 wrote:Nice nice, but I would consider adding a blue dynamic light to the gunship..
Looks wierd in that pich black map.
Its not pitch black and I will probably do just that once the map is completed.
Chandler
npc_hunter
npc_hunter

Post by Chandler »

I know some people's PC's can't handle HDR, is there a chance to make a few HDR maps though?
Hyperjag3
npc_strider
npc_strider

Post by Hyperjag3 »

Chandler wrote:I know some people's PC's can't handle HDR, is there a chance to make a few HDR maps though?
Not until Valve gives us an update to the SDK codebase. We've been waiting since lost coast came out in October of last year.
Fire_cube

Post by Fire_cube »

Looks incredible , and the best thing is that this mod will actually get released. Unlike an other one who entirely lost my freakin faith.

Cant wait.
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

Fire_cube wrote:Looks incredible , and the best thing is that this mod will actually get released. Unlike an other one who entirely lost my freakin faith.

Cant wait.
I wouldnt mind knowing this mystery mod ;)
Power-Mad
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Power-Mad »

What about the egon gun, is it gonna be in?
Fire_cube

Post by Fire_cube »

Hey , by the way , are you planning on making hl2sp campaign playable with friends ?

And what about episode 1 ?
Meh that would be too complicated for the one player sequences such as the intro and the van :?

That would be kickass , and would probably attract lots of awards from moddb :P
Hyperjag3
npc_strider
npc_strider

Post by Hyperjag3 »

We're doing our best to make the single player campaign compatable with Obsidian, but some maps are impossible to play with more than one player (the citadel maps with the prisoner pods, for example). There are also many invisible walls that close immediately after one player goes through a trigger, along with areaportals and other obstacles. So certain sections of the game will work, while others would need a complete redesign to support more than one player. As for Episode one, that is even less likely, as Alyx can only follow one player, and there are many sequences designed for only one player.
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

Hyperjag3 wrote:We're doing our best to make the single player campaign compatable with Obsidian, but some maps are impossible to play with more than one player (the citadel maps with the prisoner pods, for example). There are also many invisible walls that close immediately after one player goes through a trigger, along with areaportals and other obstacles. So certain sections of the game will work, while others would need a complete redesign to support more than one player. As for Episode one, that is even less likely, as Alyx can only follow one player, and there are many sequences designed for only one player.
Hit right on the nail.
But dont fear people, there is a lot of gameplay in the maps that do work well with obsidian. I would also consider having lost coast ported.

On another note, awhile back we got permission to re-release metastasis for obsidian. This is something to expect later as a forum release.
Inflames007
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Inflames007 »

Maybe you could talk with Adam Foster, minerva co-op would be nice for your resume...
Fire_cube

Post by Fire_cube »

Hyperjag3 wrote:As for Episode one, that is even less likely, as Alyx can only follow one player, and there are many sequences designed for only one player.
Thanks for the reply.
But would a 2 players co-op version be possible ? I mean i dont want do the whole thing with 12 players awaiting behind me while gravgunning every single physics entity in the map. Could one of the two players be randomly chosen as the main !player or something ? I understand that this would take alot of work and time though , so i dont want to sound annoying with these suggestions.

Minerva co-op sounds great too.