OC_NES (community project)

Discuss Certain Aspects of Mapping, Modeling, and Coding.
Power-Mad
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

OC_NES (community project)

Post by Power-Mad »

I need some help from you guys. I'm making a map, called oc_nes, but I can't find the time to do such a huge idea! It's a fantastic idea, and it's execution is ideal for a community project! If you guys will help me, we could make a map of nonstalgia and new at the same time!

Here's how it goes. You are in my living room, welcome! Across the street there's a gamestop. You have 3 nes games on you and you put one into my nes! Just then, an odd light and mist comes out of my closet and you hear a buzzing. As you walk into my closet, you fall down a black pit and you are teleported into a half life 2 representative of the game!

As you beat one, the cartrige explodes and you're able to get a new game from across the street at the gamestop.

This is where you come in, I need some of your guys fav nes games ever half life 2-ified into short mini levels. Custom textrues are allowed though I would prefer you improvise where nessessary. Music from the game in loops would be most encoraged. Note that I will take advantage of the camura feature having it show the game on my tv, so try to leave room to make that possible.

So far I'm making these into mini levels:
-smashtv (A simplified version of my other map)
-Bad dudes

When all cartriges have exploded, I have through of a way to end it, but can't tell you guys for the sake of surprise! I have something very much so planned! Just you wait :D
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

Hmm... sounds interesting... if i only hade some more time I'd help you. :) If I ever got more time I'll tell you!
LinkNEO
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by LinkNEO »

Next me do Super mario brothes.
Can we do Links games.
Mutant Enemy
npc_strider
npc_strider

Post by Mutant Enemy »

LOL Donky Kong for sure!
LinkNEO
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by LinkNEO »

Someone did donky kong.
Mutant Enemy
npc_strider
npc_strider

Post by Mutant Enemy »

For OC? really? where? Can ya show me? Is it that mag_donkykong thing from DM? If so it's crap, Looks like totally horse shit.

Should also do Metal Gear, that would pwn.
LinkNEO
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by LinkNEO »

Ya it the game. It look bad but its it. It in the Z-server.
We should make a map of a tournament that people get to choose who fight.
Lark
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Lark »

one word "contra"
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

gtaiiilc wrote:one word "contra"
Yea, I was thinking the same thing. But it would be a lot of work to make it look really nice. Unless it should look like a nes game.
[FTA]c0m4ndo45
npc_combine_s
npc_combine_s

Post by [FTA]c0m4ndo45 »

Im sorry, but i barely have time to make my own map idea right now...

Would love to help, but i also never played nes games n stuff :P or dont remember if i have...
<Proud to be a gamer>

Gandorques Hikla
Entity Master
Entity Master

Post by Gandorques Hikla »

Im the guy who made the Donkeykong Map (Still WIP, I dont have much time).
Z-Server just has the old version of it, its anyway nearly unbeatable on Z Server because this server has a latency from 300+ for every client. xD
http://www.obsidianconflict.com/forums/ ... php?t=1327

I anyway wanted to enhance my DK Map, so I´m in.

EDIT:
Do someone know the Game Trog?
Could be remade with Zombies or Stunstick Combines ( I think Stunstick Combines would be better)

Arcade Version Screenshot:

NES Version Screenshot:

You (1-2 Players on NES, 1-4 Players Arcade) are small Dinosaurs who have to collect your Eggs on small, sometimes mazey, Island. Respawning Human like cyclops, called Trogs, come out of the ground to hunt and eat you. You can punch them to death. or collect power ups like Bushes (let you run faster [speedmod?]), Mushrooms (let you run slower), Fire Spit (Pulse rifle or Rocket Launcher?), Freezer (Freezes every Enemy for a few seconds) or Tyrannosaurus Mutation (You can eat the enemies then [Shotgun?]).
The player who collected all eggs of his color and gets to his home bridge first wins the game. During the Game the Trogs develop new skills to hunt you, beginning with digging holes, to let you fall in, lay fires to burn you, try to splat you with big rock wheels, and jump on you with springs on their feet.
I still have this game original somewhere around here, and I still have a fully functioning NES. =D
I´ll do this map with a few levels taken out of the original (which had 40 Levels in several settings) and I can include the originl music too.
Don´t feed the Graphic Whores!
Mutant Enemy
npc_strider
npc_strider

Post by Mutant Enemy »

Gandorques Hikla wrote:Im the guy who made the Donkeykong Map (Still WIP, I dont have much time).
Z-Server just has the old version of it, its anyway nearly unbeatable on Z Server because this server has a latency from 300+ for every client. xD
http://www.obsidianconflict.com/forums/ ... php?t=1327
Naw that's not the map I'm thinking of.
Power-Mad
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Power-Mad »

... I can't believe someone else here knows trog! I love that game!
LinkNEO
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by LinkNEO »

Power-Mad wrote:... I can't believe someone else here knows trog! I love that game!
XD
Let make all the Nes games.
Lark
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Lark »

skidz you should make a mario map since your good at it!