The boring part of mapping and other stuff

Discuss Certain Aspects of Mapping, Modeling, and Coding.
Sabre
prop_static
prop_static

The boring part of mapping and other stuff

Post by Sabre »

I don't map much. I like the bit where I'm making triggers, making the map do interesting things, the bit I hate is when it comes to making it look nice. I feel it takes to much time and effort, but without it the map would be dull. That tends to be the point I give up.

How about you? Is there a part of mapping, animating, programming ect that gets you down?
Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Re: The boring part of mapping and other stuff

Post by Gary »

Doing the first part; roughing out the basic shape of the map, making the major parts BSP. I enjoy the part where I get to make things look awesome.
Axel_m3sh
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by Axel_m3sh »

Everything lawl, transferring the many ideas from my brain into the map itself, dunno where to start. But when I get it all done, its all about refining the effects and and fun gameplay and I don't have to worry bout the designs (buildings, etc.)
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

The time to do right the things. Too much for me, but in the last days i have done a lot of things in a short time.
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

Sabre
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Sabre »

Gary wrote:Doing the first part; roughing out the basic shape of the map, making the major parts BSP. I enjoy the part where I get to make things look awesome.
heh. If I had know that sooner you could have had all my unfinished crap before I deleted them.
Maestro Fénix wrote:The time to do right the things. Too much for me, but in the last days i have done a lot of things in a short time.
I'm the opposate. I used to be a perfectist but nothing ever got done, these days I force myself to settle for 'good enough'.