Non-Valve Models Pack Thread

Obsidian Conflict Playermodels go here.
cartman-2000
Polygon
Polygon

Post by cartman-2000 »

nice, with the new addon system it a lot easier to apply models to the mod, with greater ability to remove them or update them later on.

I've also mirrored this player model pack here.
http://sc.cartman-2000.net/files/oc/Non ... l_Pack.zip
Keychain
Obsidian Veteran
Obsidian Veteran

Post by Keychain »

Dude, Gary, no offense, but nobody cares.

And thanks for the mirror, Cartman, added to the OP.
Sabre
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Sabre »

[quote="Gary"]I understand your pain, I dislike any anime/cartoon characters in my game, they stand out so very much, most the time if you just don't install the models you won't see them. You can pull out models from a pack that you don't like and you shouldn't see them. Sadly though, I am pretty sure that if you join a Keyfox server, it forces their models to download.[/quote]

Options - Multiplayer - Don't Download custom content

Anyway, some of the starwars models are still bugged. Making the gun/torch appear at their feet instead of their hands.
Supahchikin
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Supahchikin »

Personally i assume that cartoon/anime player models are beings from beyond that either assume forms tolerable to the human mind or we just cant comprehend their true appearance
Sabre
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Sabre »

Supahchikin wrote:Personally i assume that cartoon/anime player models are beings from beyond that either assume forms tolerable to the human mind or we just cant comprehend their true appearance
To me it's just like who framed rodger rabbit, Matt hazard or ...I can't think of the name.

It also leads to weird scenarios, like today when darth vader and an elite broke down. In Sven a army grunt, a HEV scientist, a man on a unicycle and some other weird guy broke out of prison and faught demons in china. Only in co-op mods does that kind of wakiness happen.
Cpl.Cookie
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Cpl.Cookie »

The Stalker Exo Skeleton model does not seem to work for me. This just me or anyone else having this problem?

Anyways great work on the rest of player models.
Tallfire
prop_physics
prop_physics

Post by Tallfire »

Is there any chance we could get a fourth model pack with the models that were cut due to similarities with other models? Many people like having the variations in models and it would be hard for people new to the mod to find the old packs without extra hastle.

Also I myself haven't had any problems with the exo skeletons myself.
Keychain
Obsidian Veteran
Obsidian Veteran

Post by Keychain »

Too many reskins are insanely unnecessary. Wait for a bodygroup system to come up.
Miss Eleksin
npc_metropolice
npc_metropolice

Post by Miss Eleksin »

Supahchikin wrote:Personally i assume that cartoon/anime player models are beings from beyond that either assume forms tolerable to the human mind or we just cant comprehend their true appearance
Earthbound/Mother 2 reference ftw
Image Image Image <--- Click them for music :3
habicore5150
prop_physics
prop_physics

Post by habicore5150 »

Miss Eleksin wrote:Earthbound/Mother 2 reference ftw
hey, whatever makes you feel h....a....p....p....y
DELTA 38
Pixel

Post by DELTA 38 »

I have a little question.
So I did something wrong with extracting the files and the result was that all other players that i was playing with on every server, where big red ERROR signs. However, i could see my own custom skin in third person (i use the PAC).
so now i re-downloaded and re-installed OC 1.35 and the skin pack.
To avoid the same error i'd like to ask if i am doing the right thing:
-Put the Materials, Models and Effect folders into C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\SourceMods\obsidian

So the both material folders get combined, the Model folders get combined and the Effect folder gets added.

Or do i have to drop everything into the "addons" or "add-ons" folders?

Would appreciate a quick reply before i screw up again :D
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

All you'll need to do is to extract the folder into your client's add-ons folder.
To illustrate, the folder's 'info.txt' file (along with the other contents, of course) should be at:

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\SourceMods\obsidian\add-ons\Non-Valve_Games_Model_Pack\info.txt
The other folders should be in the same place, i.e.:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\SourceMods\obsidian\add-ons\Non-Valve_Games_Model_Pack\materials
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\SourceMods\obsidian\add-ons\Non-Valve_Games_Model_Pack\models
[Extra info]
You should not attempt to copy the folders into the base install (as with previous versions of OC), unless you're trying to install, say a weapon skin. Content in the add-ons folder will not override content that is in the base install, so if you decide to grab a HL2 weapon skin off FPSBanana, for example, you'll need to paste it into the obsidian folder instead of add-ons. Not recommended until you get more familiar with the way Source games work.
Last edited by TESLA-X4 on Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DELTA 38
Pixel

Post by DELTA 38 »

TESLA-X4 wrote:All you'll need to do is to extract the folder into your client's add-ons folder.
To illustrate, the folder's 'info.txt' file (along with the other contents, of course) should be at:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\SourceMods\obsidian\add-ons\Non-Valve_Games_Model_Pack\info.txt
The other folders should be in the same place, i.e.:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\SourceMods\obsidian\add-ons\Non-Valve_Games_Model_Pack\materials
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\SourceMods\obsidian\add-ons\Non-Valve_Games_Model_Pack\models
Ah, thank you very much. :3

E:
Oh and about your edit,
when I add custom skins, like weapons for CSS for example I do it with the other method then the Add-on thing :p And i also tried to install the models with the same method here, but it didn't work. Anyway, ive put the non valve game model pack into the add-on folder now and i hope itll work.
Sonic
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by Sonic »

Just so everyone knows in advance i have been adding to this pack for awhile now and ive put quite a few new ones in! yay and i am getting ready to release sometime soon but with each day that goes by im adding a few more cause there are alot of good models and i really want everyone to have a huge varied selection :D

so yeah the new additions to this model pack can be previewed below(a few more are converted just havent taken their counterpart preview pictures :P )

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I'll keep everyone posted on my status if i get more time on sunday evening i will post more pics as well :)

side note this is just the addition to this model pack there are updates for the otherones as well! =D
Last edited by Sonic on Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image>>>>>Image<<<<<
Keychain
Obsidian Veteran
Obsidian Veteran

Post by Keychain »

Yup. Sonic's doing a new Billy Mays model I suggested to replace our current one. Thank goodness!