Cubemaps and cubemap weapon.

Need Help? The Day isnt going so well on the Mapping front?
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Cubemaps and cubemap weapon.

Post by fug4life »

Ok I followed this procedure below. It seems as if they built ok and I restarted the map in game to test them, And I'm not entirely convinced it worked ok. When I type impulse 81 The cubemap weapon dosen't load quick enough or something (I can't remember the exact console warning).
And the smg1 seems to assign as the cubemap weapon, but instead of the spheres I get a red box in the top right corner? Any Ideas?

Building HDR and LDR cubemaps
For an HDR map, you need to run buildcubemaps in both HDR and LDR modes to build proper cubemaps:

Compile your level with the Vrad HDR option enabled.
Load the level in the game. The engine should default to the HDR version of the map. If you have HDR disabled, type mat_hdr_enabled 1 at the console to enable HDR.
Type buildcubemaps in the console to build the HDR cubemaps.
Type mat_hdr_enabled 0 to switch to LDR mode (it will take a moment to reload the lightmaps).
Type buildcubemaps to build the LDR cubemaps.
You must do this every time you compile the map or the cubemaps will not appear correctly.

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki ... ing_Basics

Also, while I'm at it...

I have 2 custom decals and 3 blend textures, If I use pakrat will the clients be able to d/l my map from the servers ok with these custom materials? My map will be around 11mb.

And,

I've used the prefab protector to stop people decompiling with vmex? And have added the prefab into the map, does this need to be pakrat'd as well? I've added a keyvaule to an entity of decompile 1, whats this about creating a texture tools/locked and adding it to on any non-culled face in the map? do I just create and name it tools/locked for it to work? (on any non-culled face in the map <--- does this mean on a face facing into the map/world away from the void?)?

And is there anything else I can do to secure my map?
Vasili
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Re: Cubemaps and cubemap weapon.

Post by Vasili »

fug4life wrote:.
I have 2 custom decals and 3 blend textures, If I use pakrat will the clients be able to d/l my map from the servers ok with these custom materials? My map will be around 11mb.
Yeah, should work.