npc_turret_floor output

Need Help? The Day isnt going so well on the Mapping front?
Losvaize
Vertex
Vertex

npc_turret_floor output

Post by Losvaize »

Hello

I'm trying to create an event triggered by an npc_turret_floor being hit by a grenade (either smg's or normal). I observed you can create an output with conditions physgun (that doesn't fit on my map), on tipped (which I don't know what it is but for sure isn't being hit by grenade), on deploy and on retire (checked too and it doesn't work).
Any ideas on how to do it? I thought about creating trigger_once around the turret, but it would not be safe since it is a group of turrets that must be brought down for the event to trigger, and some of them could not touch the trigger when blasted.

Thank you
Datastream
Donator
Donator

Post by Datastream »

They're supposed to fall over? And when they are all dead they send a signal to a logic_case and that one then sends it to game_end?
You could use on tipped because when they fall over they get tipped. Doesn't matter what does that. Though I'm not sure.
BigFoot
prop_static
prop_static

Post by BigFoot »

isn't turret_floor that thing coming out of the floor?
in that case i'd use trigger_once or an invisible func_breakable (one for every turret), a damage filter and a math_counter.
Datastream
Donator
Donator

Post by Datastream »

O yea, they are those that come out of the floor! Then there is no on tipped, amirite?
Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Gary »

If you want to know how valve does it, do what I do. Pull the bsp out of HL2, decompile it, and there you go.
Losvaize
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Losvaize »

Hi

The gun popping from the ground is npc_turret_ground.
_floor are the ones standing on a tripod.

The map is a kind of tutorial on how to do certain things in HL2. There is an area of the tutorial where players have to use grenades to get rid of the turrets. First they use cloak to move without activating them, and then hit them with the grenades from behind. If they don't deactivate the turrets, a combine shield won't open.
I have two groups of turrets, and I was thinking something like a math counter and an output in each turret activated when they fell so the math_counter will hitmax when they are all in the floor.
I have checked this with an output like ontipped->counterX->add->1 and onretire->counterX->add->1 but neither won't work.
This is not an effect I have seen in any HL2 map, so I don't know if it is even possible.

Thank you
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

hmm OnTipped should work, weird..

Well you could parent a npc_bullseye to each turret and give them a filter_damage_type to only allow BLAST damage.
Then just add the OnDamaged output to each.
shiftey
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by shiftey »

W0rf0x wrote:hmm OnTipped should work, weird..

Well you could parent a npc_bullseye to each turret and give them a filter_damage_type to only allow BLAST damage.
Then just add the OnDamaged output to each.
This is the way I would recommend you do it ^^^

That is the way Valve does the ground turrets in HL2 and it should work in a similar manner for what you're trying to do
Axel_m3sh
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by Axel_m3sh »

If anyone is interested, here's a tutorial on how to make those deployable ground turrets that activate by tripwires

http://halfwit-2.com/?page=tutorials&id=125