missing file???!

Need Help? The Day isnt going so well on the Mapping front?
Sam!00!
npc_combine_s
npc_combine_s

missing file???!

Post by Sam!00! »

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\[MY EMAIL]\sourcesdk\bin\vbsp.exe"
** Parameters: -onlyents -game "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\SourceMods\obsidian" "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\sam_2005\sourcesdk\oc_riverrush"

* Could not execute the command:
"c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\[MY EMAIL]\sourcesdk\bin\vbsp.exe" -onlyents -game "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\SourceMods\obsidian" "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\sam_2005\sourcesdk\oc_riverrush"
* Windows gave the error message:
"Access is denied."

** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\sam_2005\sourcesdk\oc_riverrush.bsp" "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\SourceMods\obsidian\maps\oc_riverrush.bsp"

The command failed. Windows reported the error:
"The system cannot find the file specified."

it doesnt work NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
The fox
Respected Member
Respected Member

Re: missing file???!

Post by The fox »

Interlopers adresses this problem along with a fix for it. You should go over there and do some searching and looking around or run it throught their error reporter thing. Either that or try and remove the "-Game" and "-OnlyEnts" parameters.
[JSC][GU]PREDATOR
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by [JSC][GU]PREDATOR »

RELAX, just wait untill skidz gets here! eventually there will be a frequantly asked questions sticky to save us all some more time.
Sam!00!
npc_combine_s
npc_combine_s

Post by Sam!00! »

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY
The fox
Respected Member
Respected Member

Post by The fox »

Here you go. This fix was taken from Interlopers error search. If this work i take no credit at all for it. Nor do i take any credit for this and the link to their search is:

http://www.interlopers.net/errors/

Description:
Something has gone wrong in compiling your map, so when Windows wants to copy your map to the maps-directory of your game, it cannot find the file. (the message Windows returns may vary on it's language)
The cause is usually some fatal error in vbsp.exe (the program that generates the bare bsp-file) so check for other errors in your log.
The other cause is some invalid setup of directories, or bad mapnames, too long pathnames etc. In which case you should also see the effects further upwards in the log (something like the other programs not being able to load your map).
For mapnames, remember to avoid any strange character, like brackets, dots, commas and spaces. try to build your mapname out of characters ( a-z ), numbers ( 0-9 ) and the underscore ( _ ) only.
The exact cause is usally findable in the logfile.
Remember this error is not a cause of your map to not compile, it is merely a sign that your map didn't compile.
Sam!00!
npc_combine_s
npc_combine_s

Post by Sam!00! »

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\[MY EMAIL]\sourcesdk\bin\vbsp.exe"
** Parameters: -game "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\SourceMods\obsidian" "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\sam_2005\sourcesdk\oc_riverrush"

"c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\[MY EMAIL]\sourcesdk\bin\vbsp.exe" -game "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\SourceMods\obsidian" "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\sam_2005\sourcesdk\oc_riverrush"
"Access is denied."

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\[MY EMAIL]\sourcesdk\bin\vvis.exe"
** Parameters: -game "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\SourceMods\obsidian" "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\sam_2005\sourcesdk\oc_riverrush"

"c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\[MY EMAIL]\sourcesdk\bin\vvis.exe" -game "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\SourceMods\obsidian" "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\sam_2005\sourcesdk\oc_riverrush"
"Access is denied."

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\[MY EMAIL]\sourcesdk\bin\vrad.exe"

"c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\[MY EMAIL]\sourcesdk\bin\vrad.exe" -game "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\SourceMods\obsidian" "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\sam_2005\sourcesdk\oc_riverrush"
"Access is denied."

** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\sam_2005\sourcesdk\oc_riverrush.bsp" "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\SourceMods\obsidian\maps\oc_riverrush.bsp"

The command failed. Windows reported the error:
"The system cannot find the file specified."

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\[MY EMAIL]\half-life 2\hl2.exe"
** Parameters: -dev -console -allowdebug -game "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\SourceMods\obsidian" +map "oc_riverrush"

:(
The fox
Respected Member
Respected Member

Post by The fox »

Have you configurated Hammer propertly to work with Obsidian?
Sam!00!
npc_combine_s
npc_combine_s

Post by Sam!00! »

i have done everything its said
The fox
Respected Member
Respected Member

Post by The fox »

Well its quite tricky problem. Try compile it in HL2DM or HL2SP.
Sam!00!
npc_combine_s
npc_combine_s

Post by Sam!00! »

isnt anyone gonna help?
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

Notice how it says
c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\[MY EMAIL]\sourcesdk\bin\vvis.exe

replaced [MY EMAIL] with your account name in the GameConfig.txt.

Looks like its sam_2005 from the top post.

[EDIT]
You are also only compiling ents in VBSP which might not be your intention.
[JSC][GU]PREDATOR
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by [JSC][GU]PREDATOR »

OMG :shock: LOL i should have noticed that, i wasn't expecting it to show the models of the new npc's or anything if he set it like that.
Sam!00!
npc_combine_s
npc_combine_s

Post by Sam!00! »

skidz wrote:Notice how it says
c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\[MY EMAIL]\sourcesdk\bin\vvis.exe

replaced [MY EMAIL] with your account name in the GameConfig.txt.

Looks like its sam_2005 from the top post.

[EDIT]
You are also only compiling ents in VBSP which might not be your intention.
YYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS
TTHHHAANNNKSSSS SKKKIIDZZZZZ
Sam!00!
npc_combine_s
npc_combine_s

Post by Sam!00! »

i feel like a complete retard now :oops: