Npc's standard health? Weapon's standard damage?

Need Help? The Day isnt going so well on the Mapping front?
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Npc's standard health? Weapon's standard damage?

Post by Svanrog »

:!: Could someone provide me with a list with standard values of all the npc's health. That'd be very useful for mapping if I for example want my npcs to be a little stronger or a little weaker than average. Also I could have use of a list of how much damage all the different weapons do, including the multipliers for the different difficulties. Maybe the npc's damage should be listed too.

Somebody should make a tutorial where you put all this info. I really have to know stuff like this! :D

I think that was all I wanted to know for now.
I know I could PM this to one of the Obsidian coders as well, but I have a feeling that this information needs to be shared!
Thanks in advance, Oniyuri
The fox
Respected Member
Respected Member

Re: Npc's standard health? Weapon's standard damage?

Post by The fox »

A quick and simple but boring way to find out all of their values is to type "sk_" in the console while you are in-game. This will bring up a list of how much NPCs standard health is, how much damage they do, how much the players weapons do. To example find out how much a zombie has in HP you would have to type in console "Sk_Zombie_health" or something like that i dont remember the proper command. This command also makes you able to change the settings in real time while your hosting.
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

It's true what you say...
If none of the obsidian developers gives make a list to me I'll have to do it that way.
If I only had the source-code I could easily find out! :D
Hyperjag3
npc_strider
npc_strider

Post by Hyperjag3 »

The souce code doesn't contain any npc health or damage values, everything is in skill.cfg in the cfg folder for the mod.
Hell-met
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by Hell-met »

While we're talking about skill.cfg , what's up with the new combine_s damages ? They hurt like hell , their ar2 is as strong as the player's.

I think i'll copy + paste hl2's cfg for obs.
Hyperjag3
npc_strider
npc_strider

Post by Hyperjag3 »

It's supposed to be harder since it's not just one player anymore :P. I can't say I remember changing the combine_s's damage though.
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

Player dmg is hardcoded currently but the convars still exist.
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

What about the difficulties multipliers then?
By the way: Is it possible to override scripts ( like the skill.cfg or maybe the decals.txt ) using bsp-zip? I know very little about bsp-zip so far. Will need to learn until I release my map.
Also, couldn't you guys make an entity that you place in each map where you can define custom damages for the weapons?