I hate hammer!

Need Help? The Day isnt going so well on the Mapping front?
Power-Mad
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Power-Mad »

I still have problems with my hammer. Ever time i move to fast or zoom out to far, it crashes. This would be understandable, had the last version of hammer had this problem as well, but it didn't...
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

Hammer works fine for me. Only thing that I'm missing is more powerful tools for brushwork, but I suppose that's what modelling programs are for.
Scrap
npc_strider
npc_strider

Post by Scrap »

Oniyuri wrote:Hammer works fine for me. Only thing that I'm missing is more powerful tools for brushwork, but I suppose that's what modelling programs are for.
displacements work for you ? :shock:
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

Scrap wrote:
Oniyuri wrote:Hammer works fine for me. Only thing that I'm missing is more powerful tools for brushwork, but I suppose that's what modelling programs are for.
Yeah, they work fine. At least as far as I know.
Scrap
npc_strider
npc_strider

Post by Scrap »

Oniyuri wrote:
Scrap wrote:
try placing some npc-s on your displacement and kill them, see if they fall through.
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

Scrap wrote:
Oniyuri wrote:
Scrap wrote:
try placing some npc-s on your displacement and kill them, see if they fall through.
I realized now that my buggy, hoppers and item crates fall through my displacements. I cannot comment if the combines fall through or not. I don't have time to test.

Annoying... :|
Scrap
npc_strider
npc_strider

Post by Scrap »

Oniyuri wrote:
Scrap wrote:
Oniyuri wrote:
Scrap wrote:
I realized now that my buggy, hoppers and item crates fall through my displacements. I cannot comment if the combines fall through or not. I don't have time to test.

then valve screwed up everyone :cry:
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

Scrap wrote:
Oniyuri wrote:
Scrap wrote:
Oniyuri wrote:
Scrap wrote:

Yup! I'll try to solve it now. I'll report within an hour if I succeed in any way.

EDIT: Nothing works. We'll just have to wait for the next SDK update. :|
Scrap
npc_strider
npc_strider

Post by Scrap »

Oniyuri wrote:
Scrap wrote:
Oniyuri wrote:
Scrap wrote:
Oniyuri wrote:
Scrap wrote:

Yup! I'll try to solve it now. I'll report within an hour if I succeed in any way.

EDIT: Nothing works. We'll just have to wait for the next SDK update. :|
hehe :o , err it has been solved already, jsut read this topic: http://www.obsidianconflict.com/forums/ ... .php?t=360
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

Oh, no! I need custom compilers! Well, then I fix that later. Hopefully valve gives us newer compilers before I release my map. :)
Blackfinal
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Blackfinal »

Scrap
npc_strider
npc_strider

Post by Scrap »

has anyone gotten custom textures to work since the new sdk update?
I have to understand is it my problem/textures files problem or should i not bother at all because it being sdk problem?
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

Scrap wrote:has anyone gotten custom textures to work since the new sdk update?
I have to understand is it my problem/textures files problem or should i not bother at all because it being sdk problem?
I have custom decals and skins. They work perfectly.
Scrap
npc_strider
npc_strider

Post by Scrap »

Oniyuri wrote:
ok strange :? , ill go and try to get em to work then. Btw is ther a simple way to get skins working? :) i downloaded some but after a while gave up trying to get them to work.
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

Scrap wrote:
Oniyuri wrote:
ok strange :? , ill go and try to get em to work then. Btw is ther a simple way to get skins working? :) i downloaded some but after a while gave up trying to get them to work.
Do you mean a way where you don't need to convert textures to .vtf format and use those text files (don't rememver the exstension)? If that's the case, then most likely not. Not as far as I know. :|