Trigger for 2

Need Help? The Day isnt going so well on the Mapping front?
Scrap
npc_strider
npc_strider

Trigger for 2

Post by Scrap »

In what way i can manage to activate a trigger that requires 2 people(or more).

Little Question 2: Is there a way to allow only enemys to shoot through something?
Last edited by Scrap on Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

There is a brush entity called game_zone_player and then you could maybe use it with the logic_case entity in some way. :?
Argh! :x I've never figured out how it works! You figure it out and if you come up with something, please share the information with me! ;) (and everybody)
Scrap
npc_strider
npc_strider

Post by Scrap »

Oniyuri wrote:There is a brush entity called game_zone_player and then you could maybe use it with the logic_case entity in some way. :?
Argh! :x I've never figured out how it works! You figure it out and if you come up with something, please share the information with me! ;) (and everybody)
well i need 2 people then :o and my map(if you can call it that) isnt nearly done to ask someone playtest it and the trigger thing is needed at the beginning. :o
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

Scrap wrote:
Oniyuri wrote:There is a brush entity called game_zone_player and then you could maybe use it with the logic_case entity in some way. :?
well i need 2 people then :o and my map(if you can call it that) isnt nearly done to ask someone playtest it and the trigger thing is needed at the beginning. :o
I have the same problem in my map, but you are required to open two valve wheels simultanouesly. I always noclip myself through. Don't even know if the mechanism works yet. :) Well, playtesters ought to be easy to find on the forum.
Scrap
npc_strider
npc_strider

Post by Scrap »

Oniyuri wrote:
Scrap wrote:
I have the same problem in my map, but you are required to open two valve wheels simultanouesly. I always noclip myself through. Don't even know if the mechanism works yet. :) Well, playtesters ought to be easy to find on the forum.
ill be one! :D just PM me if you need me and ill PM back if im available.
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

Scrap wrote:
Oniyuri wrote:
Scrap wrote:
ill be one! :D just PM me if you need me and ill PM back if im available.
Sweet! I'll contact you when I have come that far with my map. :D
Power-Mad
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Power-Mad »

Lets say you want 2 stand on it triggers to open a door. You assine the 2 area's make them trigger multiple's, and put a math counter. Make the math counter max number in properties 2 and put as the triggers "Onstarttouch math add 1", and "Onendtouchall math subtract 1". Then give hte math counter an "on hitmax door open" output.
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

Power-Mad wrote:Lets say you want 2 stand on it triggers to open a door. You assine the 2 area's make them trigger multiple's, and put a math counter. Make the math counter max number in properties 2 and put as the triggers "Onstarttouch math add 1", and "Onendtouchall math subtract 1". Then give hte math counter an "on hitmax door open" output.
That's smart. :) Why didn't I think of that?
shadow-will
prop_physics
prop_physics

Post by shadow-will »

lol well i thought of it today xD
what the mappers need to do it draw it out on paper first . i map a lot and i am lost for ideas when it comes down to the editing part , if u draw it up your mind is more free . i cant be bothered to map for OC im in a mod , have a dods map and a css map in the making :S but im going to draw up a lot of puzzels and things that envolve team work or taking precation to add a story to the map. if anyone requests me to make that area of the map and i have some spare time ill have a go :)
see ya

oh and write what the players must do on the paper or write the story out step by step for ech part of the map .
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

shadow-will wrote:lol well i thought of it today xD
what the mappers need to do it draw it out on paper first . i map a lot and i am lost for ideas when it comes down to the editing part , if u draw it up your mind is more free . i cant be bothered to map for OC im in a mod , have a dods map and a css map in the making :S but im going to draw up a lot of puzzels and things that envolve team work or taking precation to add a story to the map. if anyone requests me to make that area of the map and i have some spare time ill have a go :)
see ya

oh and write what the players must do on the paper or write the story out step by step for ech part of the map .
Before I start the making of a map I always think of a theme first, then I make up a story and the general design in my head. When I start mapping I always figure out a more exact design for every room/area before I start making them. I seldom draw anything on paper since I suck at it. It's only rooms and areas that I have a hard time to picture in my head that get drawn on paper.
shadow-will
prop_physics
prop_physics

Post by shadow-will »

yea , i made a css map straight into hammer and it took ages and wasnt even big. i drew a new one on paper in 30 secs , i just said 'yea yea that there , yep something there ' kitchen . bog , table , spawn , DONE !'
then add the detail
Power-Mad
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Power-Mad »

When I make a map, I listen to music, then think of what would suit this. I have a load of music (music, not songs) on my comuter in a foler, so that's where I get most my inspiration. I also do a lot of the apper pencl thing.