Kind of button alowing me to put a brush on somet to enable

Need Help? The Day isnt going so well on the Mapping front?
Tomo742
Pixel

Kind of button alowing me to put a brush on somet to enable

Post by Tomo742 »

I was wondering if there is some kind of button allowing me to put a named brush or named prop into a specific area and make it enable something and then remove the brush or prop that is inside that area or something like that.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Read about point_templates for spawning entities and brushes. And for the button and removal would be coverd using the input/output system.

see also func_button and func_triggers.

Though really the last two aren't nessercarily needed.
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Tomo742
Pixel

Post by Tomo742 »

fug4life wrote:Read about point_templates for spawning entities and brushes. And for the button and removal would be coverd using the input/output system.

see also func_button and func_triggers.

Though really the last two aren't nessercarily needed.
Thanks for replying but i forgot to note last night that i had found out how to do it with a bit of help from neico and my friend Spoon_god "who i met neico through and found oc through" i used just a normal trigger_multipler with a activator filter entity which was the name of the prop or etc that i was using and then that was pretty much it, oh and while im at it, do you know how to make something pick a random trigger or so for example every 60 seconds it would pick a random entity to trigger for example a random point_template to spawn

EDIT: nvm i figured that out too
Tysn
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by Tysn »

Tomo742 wrote:much it, oh and while im at it, do you
I'm imagining these two commas as the hands of the Greek Titan Atlas, holding up the crushing weight of this run-on sentence.
Azure Edge
Donator
Donator

Post by Azure Edge »

Tysn wrote:
Tomo742 wrote:much it, oh and while im at it, do you
I'm imagining these two commas as the hands of the Greek Titan Atlas, holding up the crushing weight of this run-on sentence.
"I hate Ayn Rand."
Image <- Push!
Curious?

Tysn
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by Tysn »

You can't truly hate Ayn Rand until you've met libertarian freshman Economics majors who think there are no barriers to entry in the free market, assume the public has perfect knowledge, and above all else are completely detached from reality. :lol:
Tomo742
Pixel

Post by Tomo742 »

Tysn wrote:You can't truly hate Ayn Rand until you've met libertarian freshman Economics majors who think there are no barriers to entry in the free market, assume the public has perfect knowledge, and above all else are completely detached from reality. :lol:
What is this i dont even..... why the random messages on something allready sorted out :P
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Relax they just strayed of topic.
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database