weapon_alyxgun Animations (Activites)

Need help Modeling Props and Physical Objects for your Maps.
Shadow
Vertex
Vertex

weapon_alyxgun Animations (Activites)

Post by Shadow »

I'm trying to port the alyxgun into a mod I've been messing around with for a while now, but I need the names of the animations the viewmodel uses. I can't find the .qc file for the weapon, and after searching my entire steamapps folder I came up with nothing, so I'm assuming it doesn't exist.

I'd appreciate any help with this - especially from the Obsidian Conflict team.

Edit:

Also, if anyone could explain to me if there's a way to find the Animations for a model (without .qc files) I'd appreciate it.
Last edited by Shadow on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Signatures are for babies.
Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Re: weapon_alyxgun Animations

Post by Gary »

For one, .qc(s) do not come with any mod in normal cases. You use something like the MDL decompiler for that. Though, if you just want to know what the animation names are, you can just look at them in the model viewer that comes with the Source SDK.

You also know you have to recode the weapon right? You can't just throw the models in a mod and the weapon will just pop up in game.

One last thing, you releasing this mod?, if so you can't steal OC's stuff like that, but if this is for a personal mod(not going to be released), I would see no problem with it. Just don't act like you made any of the model/animations/textures.
Shadow
Vertex
Vertex

Re: weapon_alyxgun Animations

Post by Shadow »

Gary wrote:For one, .qc(s) do not come with any mod in normal cases. You use something like the MDL decompiler for that. Though, if you just want to know what the animation names are, you can just look at them in the model viewer that comes with the Source SDK.
(At least seems as if) The HLMV only looks at the hl2 gcf. Or is there a way to look at models separate from the GCF?
Looking at other default HL2 viewmodels' sequences also shows different names for the animations. For Example, the AR2's ACT_VM_HITCENTER shows up as "Fire2;3;4"
Gary wrote:You also know you have to recode the weapon right? You can't just throw the models in a mod and the weapon will just pop up in game.
I realize, I'm just using the viewmodel from OC. The weapon itself is going to be coded differently, but I still want to use the Pistol2SMG animation on Mouse2.
Gary wrote:One last thing, you releasing this mod?, if so you can't steal OC's stuff like that, but if this is for a personal mod(not going to be released), I would see no problem with it. Just don't act like you made any of the model/animations/textures.
This is only a personal mod I'm messing around with, if for no other reason to learn the hl2 script. I've been porting weapons from all over, they won't leave my hard drive.

P.S.
I just realized how my definition of "Animation" is actually known as "Activities". Not sure if those are two different things.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: weapon_alyxgun Animations (Activites)

Post by fug4life »

HLMV Like the rest of the SDK, works with how you have your gameconfigs setup. So if you were to setup Obsidian for the SDK, you'd then be able to browse Obsidian's directorys in HLMV. So depending on the file location of where you put the weapon and all its files would then relate to which gameconfig you run the SDK in.

Hope that helps.
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Shadow
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Shadow »

Doh! Thanks...

...I really should have figured that out myself...
Shadow
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Shadow »

Ok, I believe I miss-worded the question, let me give it another shot:

What I need is two things:

1. Does the Alyxgun viewmodel use custom or the default Activity names?
2. What are the default / custom activity names?

I'm fairly new to all this so detail answered would be great, thanks.