oc_warmachine

Release your amazing Map creations here!

Remove CSS weapons?

Should they stay? Vote for yes!
70%
Or should they go? Vote for no!
30%

Total votes: 10

fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

cheers for letting me know, I think it may either some mounting mishap?
(were citizens animations ok)?

Or more than likely it probably because I have 4 striders templated to 2 template_makers with only one strider as the template.
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Misfire
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Misfire »

fug4life wrote:cheers for letting me know, I think it may either some mounting mishap?
(were citizens animations ok)?

Or more than likely it probably because I have 4 striders templated to 2 template_makers with only one strider as the template.
Citizen animations were good, many of the enemies are fine,

the only things wrong were merchants, striders, and also error models popping up in some places, for instance an ammo box was rendered as an error mdl.

Also in the beginning, if u head to first merchant you see a bunch of error models there.

I will post screenshots after i get out of classes =D
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

I cant confirm any of those, you have to create a mounts file for it + a res file so people will dl it.

Edit:
Offtopic: I cant believe you have a teleport plugin on your server that allows everyone to teleport. What the hell? this isnt gmod, where is the cooperation when everyone can just teleport?
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Oh didn't see this before^

Yeah as W0rf0x said all those errors are not ep2 mounting. I dont fully understand as I have it written into the maps modify. I've the played map on 3 different servers no troubles and even no real show stopping server crashes just the odd client drop although others have reported the odd crash.

These are from W0rf0x's server I believe or Zteers, They are here if you need them:

"oc_warmachine"
{
"MountEpisodeTwo" "1"
}

Save the above^ as oc_warmachine_mounts.txt

"resources"
{
"maps\oc_warmachine.res" "file"
"maps\cfg\oc_warmachine_mounts.txt" "file"
}

Save the above^ as oc_warmachine.res

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Misfire
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Misfire »

W0rf0x wrote:I cant confirm any of those, you have to create a mounts file for it + a res file so people will dl it.

Edit:
Offtopic: I cant believe you have a teleport plugin on your server that allows everyone to teleport. What the hell? this isnt gmod, where is the cooperation when everyone can just teleport?
I can definitely see your concern with the teleport plugin, however I do think it has practical use. Players can only teleport to where they saved, so It can eliminate long walks from spawns on certain maps and Single Player maps. It also gets people quickly back to the fight instead of leaving other players behind when they die. I personally hated dying then having to walk all the way from spawn then die again and do it all over.

But, the downside to all this is, on maps like harvest, cannon, and kake, this plugin totally ruins the cooperative experience. People in harvest would save on the money table and teleport there every morning or teleport back to the house when its dark, which defeats the purpose of the map and promote unfairness. On kake, people would save and teleport into the arena messing up the fights :( .

so yeah, but I think teleport is good for certain maps and for others unnecessary, so I'm gonna disable the teleportmod for the maps that really don't need them.
fug4life wrote:............
Thanks fug4life, I was missing those files on my server, putting those back fixed the problem. Sorry for the inconvenience caused >_< map is perfect!
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Glad its all ok.

As for teleport.
I can understand maps that might require the players being in the action.
But mostly agree with W0rf0x, end of the day its your call just be very choosy as to where you use it. I personally can only think this to suit campaign, most custom maps just aren't big enough to warrant.

I puropsely added no forward spawns to oc_warmachine. I compromised to requests and added a teleport halfway through, luckily I made the layout so walk from spawn was never too far. But the amount of players (dare I say noobs) That just don't know how to heal properly in this game. coop games never get a L337 players guide but prehaps it needs.

Normally I drop medkits at 'the door way to the action' before we start fighting. For instance on bossrush you teleport into a room with gargs, better to go through with medkit and as you arrive at destination drop two medkits for the guy who next teleports into a 'blazing garg'.

Sorry Misfire this isn't really for you, must make a guide, its just a rant about rambos!

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Vaun
COMBINE PLAYERMODEL PACK
COMBINE PLAYERMODEL PACK

Post by Vaun »

W0rf0x wrote:Offtopic: I cant believe you have a teleport plugin on your server that allows everyone to teleport. What the hell? this isnt gmod, where is the cooperation when everyone can just teleport?
Isn't the definition of coop having people work together? if the plugin gets a group in 1 spot faster then its coop, if it seperates them, its a contradiction.
A bullet sounds the same in every language.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Vaun wrote:
W0rf0x wrote:Offtopic: I cant believe you have a teleport plugin on your server that allows everyone to teleport. What the hell? this isnt gmod, where is the cooperation when everyone can just teleport?
Isn't the definition of coop having people work together? if the plugin gets a group in 1 spot faster then its coop, if it seperates them, its a contradiction.
For me, If you died then you failed to co-operate.
if its not a lives map then the walk back into the action is your punishment.
Push maps are just easier with a teleport, far to easy. I understand public play is tricky but most people get the general idea, you'll have to forgive the new players and enjoy the exceptional games where you meet a player who knows what to do, when to heal and when to think ah we all seem to be just spawning and dieing at different times, prehaps I'll wait for that guy who just died to catch up, prehaps we'll last longer together???

Infact if you just wanna all be there why not god mode? erase the need to die thus erasing the need to teleport, the need to walk?

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Vaun
COMBINE PLAYERMODEL PACK
COMBINE PLAYERMODEL PACK

Post by Vaun »

Good luck, most people are used to having to do everything independantly in games, thanks to the hl2 sp making the rebel npcs idiots... but the node graph/ai codes are mostly to blame in mp.
Ny
Phone Donator
Phone Donator

Post by Ny »

fug4life wrote:
For me, If you died then you failed to co-operate.
if its not a lives map then the walk back into the action is your punishment.
Push maps are just easier with a teleport, far to easy. I understand public play is tricky but most people get the general idea, you'll have to forgive the new players and enjoy the exceptional games where you meet a player who knows what to do, when to heal and when to think ah we all seem to be just spawning and dieing at different times, prehaps I'll wait for that guy who just died to catch up, prehaps we'll last longer together???

Infact if you just wanna all be there why not god mode? erase the need to die thus erasing the need to teleport, the need to walk?
What you've said here is very true and highlights the total meaning of the mod and the whole co-op experience. Not only that but your maps force this type of action like war machine and castle defense. Players don't seriously analyse the map and the weapons contained in them. Take castle defense for example, I seem to see players running around rambo standing under helicopter with snipers instead of defending the actual stones with those weapons. Not only that but they seem to be the first to complain when the map fails. You can make an exception for the newbies but the others just don't deserve maps like these.
:nyoron:
Vaun
COMBINE PLAYERMODEL PACK
COMBINE PLAYERMODEL PACK

Post by Vaun »

So having 2 players in 1 spot gives them godmode? You cant FORCE people to stay together, especially if people arent willing to move foreward for some reason. Immagine how hard a D-Day style map would be if everyone keeps trying to take cover when you have to push up to stop NPCs from spawning. Its situations where people need to cooperate, but are put in circumstances where theyre unwilling to work together because they think they'll die or something.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: oc_warmachine

Post by fug4life »

TAKE COVER!!! sorry for the two year bump, but this map needs you're help...

Psst...apparently there is a Vote in progress in the original thread, if you know this map you can help have your say!

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

If you're gonna change that map, then also please do something about the last battle in the "core", It usually drags on for too long. Especially annoying because you have to go through a small vent that only fits one player every time you want to get ammo for your rpg.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

aight, I'll add it to the list of things.

Edit, I had already put rpg ammo crates in the bottom of the core (ground floor) wanted to encourage players to move around more.

I'll see about making the enemies perhaps less but more exciting!

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Spiffy
Pixel

Post by Spiffy »

I know it might be a bit harder, but I'm really not a fan of infinite or constant enemy spawns, a perfect example is on the Blame! maps where you have to battle hundreds of npcs just to destroy there spawners -.-