oc_paysan

Release your amazing Map creations here!

Do you like the map ?

0/5
10%
1/5
2%
2/5
3%
3/5
8%
4/5
23%
5/5
55%

Total votes: 117

Andrax17
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Re: oc_paysan

Post by Andrax17 »

Dave5430 wrote:Yes, thank you for your absolutely useless reply.
reply is a reply, i dont play paysan so i cant help you with it, so i replied to your only statement that i could reply to.
its also not useless reply, you assume that the forums are dead and i said that its not.
DisConnected
npc_hovering_assassin
npc_hovering_assassin

Post by DisConnected »

Andrax17 wrote:
Dave5430 wrote:Yeah, so, I know this forum appears to be completely dead 'n all,
uhh..no, there is new posts every day + occasional shoutbox activity.. the forums are far from dead.
THIS forum. Not the oc forums in general.
Oh, don't be such a baby. Episode 3 will come out.

*Turns to Archimedes*

No it won't.
Andrax17
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by Andrax17 »

DisConnected wrote:
Andrax17 wrote:
Dave5430 wrote:Yeah, so, I know this forum appears to be completely dead 'n all,
uhh..no, there is new posts every day + occasional shoutbox activity.. the forums are far from dead.
THIS forum. Not the oc forums in general.
then it should have said "this topic". "this forum" means literally _this_ forum, OC forum in general. you dont speak about topics as if they are individual forums.
but anyways, you dont need to reply back to me, next reply should be actual help for hes questions.
DisConnected
npc_hovering_assassin
npc_hovering_assassin

Post by DisConnected »

I meant that I think he's talking about the map release forum being dead. Not the topic. But whatever.

As for the questions, tis supposed to be like that. Otherwise it would be easy as hell. Map is supposed to be played with more than 1 person for more money output from each job. I recommend trying say, 3 - 6 people for best experience.
Oh, don't be such a baby. Episode 3 will come out.

*Turns to Archimedes*

No it won't.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Heart beat over here! Just keeps on ticking.
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
tgp1994
Vertex
Vertex

Post by tgp1994 »

If pakrat'ing the content into this map isn't an option, could the author perhaps consider supplying us with a Resource list? The server will not send out the content to clients who don't have the content unless otherwise specified by this file.

Edit: Nevermind, just made it myself. This goes in your /maps folder. [Download]
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

I do not recommend using a reslist for this map. The full reslist will cause the game (server) to crash significantly faster due to its already heavy strain on the stringtables, and adding a reslist just proves to be too much after a while.
Last edited by TESLA-X4 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: it's != its
Apparently, Valve can't make games beyond the number 2.
I think the only time we'll get a Source SDK code update is when it starts having purchasable hats integrated, i.e. hatconomy.

Please do not make assumptions you are not knowledgeable enough to make - that just backfires on yourself.
Tick me off, and I'll be sure to give you the golden treatment. Haven't you heard? Silence is golden.
tgp1994
Vertex
Vertex

Errors and missing skybox

Post by tgp1994 »

It seems that me and a few other users are experiencing an issue where the skybox is missing (does that "void" effect commonly seen in source engine games), and there are plenty of error models around the map. I'm fairly certain that EP2 is installed. The server has it, I've played it once on my computer, game cache has been verified several times, and EP2 has been checked as a mount ingame, and the game has been restarted several times. If I try to play the map locally, the game simply crashes.

Has anyone else experienced this issue, and knows how to fix it? Any other map that uses EP2 content seems to work fine.

Edit: Sorry, completely forgot to post some of my clientside errors:

[Link]

That's essentially what I get spammed with once I join. Nothing bad seems to be showing up serverside.
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

That's probably caused by the map not correctly mounting EP2. Create the file oc_paysan_b11_mounts.txt in obsidian/maps/cfg and paste the following in and save:

Code: Select all

"oc_paysan"
{
	"MountEpisodeTwo" "1"
}
The problem should be gone after that.
I think the only time we'll get a Source SDK code update is when it starts having purchasable hats integrated, i.e. hatconomy.

Please do not make assumptions you are not knowledgeable enough to make - that just backfires on yourself.
Tick me off, and I'll be sure to give you the golden treatment. Haven't you heard? Silence is golden.
tgp1994
Vertex
Vertex

Post by tgp1994 »

TESLA-X4 wrote:That's probably caused by the map not correctly mounting EP2. Create the file oc_paysan_b11_mounts.txt in obsidian/maps/cfg and paste the following in and save:

"oc_paysan"
{
	"MountEpisodeTwo" "1"
}
Ah, excellent! I had that file serverside, but it looks like I needed it clientside as well. Is that something I should/can add to the reslist for this map?
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

Yeah, adding that to the reslist as the sole entry should be fine.

tgp1994
Vertex
Vertex

Post by tgp1994 »

*snip*

Nevermind, all set. Thanks!

I just noticed that the Dropbox "mirror" isn't really a mirror at all, it's distributing a completely different compilation of the archive, which happens to be missing a crucial config file.
sven666
npc_citizen
npc_citizen

Post by sven666 »

Maybe a day I will come back and map again for this mod, I'm waiting for the new release first.
And motivation ^^
Old
Suihkusaippua
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Suihkusaippua »

Sorry to bump this thread (last post in 4th December) but I have been having some problems with OC_paysan on my computer. The base textures from half-life are all showing, but the models and the custom textures are somehow bugging all the time. I've downloaded the map and extracted it in OC as it was said but it doesn't help at all. I have Hl2, HL2:1 and HL2:2 on my computer so that shouldn't be the problem and I have enabled ATI static mounting + installed 1.35 hotfix too but that doesn't help either.

I've uploaded an private video about it on youtube so you guys can see it better

[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]

I want to play this map but I can't figure out the problem :/

Thanks in advance!
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

TESLA-X4 wrote:That's probably caused by the map not correctly mounting EP2. Create the file oc_paysan_b11_mounts.txt in obsidian/maps/cfg and paste the following in and save:

"oc_paysan"
{
	"MountEpisodeTwo" "1"
}