oc_diving_v9 (FIXED... maybe)

Release your amazing Map creations here!
Beanbrains
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Beanbrains »

W0rf0x wrote:try using game_ragdoll_manager
Thanks, this worked, now my only ichthy related bug is what the corpses do while they are hanging about. I suppose i could set the max ragdoll thing to 0 and spawn a static dead ichthy prop which sinks then vanishes or something.
Datastream
Donator
Donator

Post by Datastream »

I was playing a shitload of diving yesterday. Cool map but once again here are my thoughts:

- To many ichies. Usually you are with less than 5 people scattered all over the map. And the ichies tend to swarm one person. So that one person always has almost all of them. If you are the one fishing for loot around or behind the big island, you're fraked. Because they will come for you, and you will get killed or kill them. Then you can get one or two treasures and they are back. This process repeats itself constantly. I have killed like hundreds of them in 2 hours.

- Not enough weapons. Back in v1, you had enough weapons. And now not enough. Where the hell is my crossbow!? I want to shoot them while underwater! Keep the rest of the weapons.

- Sometimes ichies float outside of the water. FLYING ICHIES LOL. :D I have proof and I will post lots of screenshots of my work in the screenshot thread. Come check them out.

- Sometimes, your caught fish dissappears under the ground. Well, more like under the displacement since you can still sea them. But not get them back. The fish gets stuck in the dock between the right broken down docking things and the stone stuff where you can buy things.

- You really need to find a way to make the oxygen tank give you aux power in one blow. Or make a small item that parents to you and give you aux power.

- The boats are horrendous! You can't get out of them for like, 75% of the time. That involves lots of suiciding. Which I did. Fix the part where you get out of the boat.

- Other people can't stand the on the boat where you are in while you are driving(?). They get glitched off. Is there any way to fix that?

- The tray still doesn't work.

- The treasure inside the temple is not satisfying enough.

- The uber harvester is too expensive. It took me, with 3 others, 1 hour to get 1500. And there won't be any more people playing than that. I haven't seen any more playing diving than 4/5 at a time.

- I would really like a cash refund when you throw in the blocks at the disintegrater. Why? Because it happened to me lots of times that they accidentally touched that thing and made me lose at 120 everytime. Very annoying. Is also good for when you made the wrong choice. And, why not?

- It's also a bitch to get back in the boat while out at sea. Really hard to do. Should be easier.

And that's my list again. I also found a general oc bug while testing. :D
If you are recording with the source recorder, the weapon merchant won't work! Bwahahaha! Wait, why am I laughing? That was really annoying. D:

Will post screenshots and a vid.
Beanbrains
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Beanbrains »

Datastream wrote:To many ichies.

Alright, i guess its a bit overkill having 4 spawnpoints respawning every 15 seconds, ideally i want the spawning related to how many people are connected, will push the time back a bit. Also i made really silly anti shark weapon in V3 which might be overpowered (it was meant to just distract them, but... oh well).
Datastream wrote: - Not enough weapons. Back in v1, you had enough weapons. And now not enough. Where the hell is my crossbow!? I want to shoot them while underwater! Keep the rest of the weapons.
What? I didn't touch the merchant stuff at all in that version, did he not work at all? Did the host forget to take the merchant script?
Datastream wrote: - Sometimes ichies float outside of the water. FLYING ICHIES LOL. :D I have proof and I will post lots of screenshots of my work in the screenshot thread. Come check them out.
Thought i fixed that by giving them paths, argh. I guess i could stick another npc_clip just above the water... Then again, flying ichies would be awesome if they had jetpacks :lol:.
Datastream wrote: - Sometimes, your caught fish dissappears under the ground. Well, more like under the displacement since you can still sea them. But not get them back. The fish gets stuck in the dock between the right broken down docking things and the stone stuff where you can buy things.
This happens because the fish has no collisions before you take it off the hook, and if you take it off while its partly in the floor, it will slip through. Will see if i can make the hooks bounding box bigger or something.
Datastream wrote: - You really need to find a way to make the oxygen tank give you aux power in one blow. Or make a small item that parents to you and give you aux power.
Yeah, i really need to do this, not sure if its possible to do any way other than quickly forcing the cheats on and off and turning infinite aux power on for a split second, which would be risky.
Datastream wrote: - The boats are horrendous! You can't get out of them for like, 75% of the time. That involves lots of suiciding. Which I did. Fix the part where you get out of the boat.
Only happens to me sometimes, and hitting E again always fixed it for me, no clue why this would be happening. Hmm.
Datastream wrote: - Other people can't stand the on the boat where you are in while you are driving(?). They get glitched off. Is there any way to fix that?
I think this is just sources dodgy physics, only solutions i can think of are adding extra pods for passengers (ugly) or parenting players to the boat if they press E on it (dangerous).
Datastream wrote: - The tray still doesn't work.
I know :(. The teleport trick for trays doesn't work when the entire thing has to fit inside a point_template, i might not be able to make the tray work properly.

Datastream wrote: - The treasure inside the temple is not satisfying enough.
There are a number of points where loot objects spawn, a limited number of loot objects can exist at once, so basically, the points that are visited less often will have more loot in them. I imagine there wasn't much in there because its not really that hard to get into, and is easily noticeable. Or you were just unlucky, stuff spawns quite randomly.
Datastream wrote: - The uber harvester is too expensive. It took me, with 3 others, 1 hour to get 1500. And there won't be any more people playing than that. I haven't seen any more playing diving than 4/5 at a time.
I'm not really sure how things should be priced, and i was planning on adding a few more ways to get money (more loots, already added a new fish to V3). If you want, you could suggest some prices for things you think need changing.
Datastream wrote: - I would really like a cash refund when you throw in the blocks at the disintegrater. Why? Because it happened to me lots of times that they accidentally touched that thing and made me lose at 120 everytime. Very annoying. Is also good for when you made the wrong choice. And, why not?
I have been thinking about this, but i worry that if i add it, it will give people a reason to run up to your base, rip chunks off, and sell them. I could make it a little harder to accidentally delete things though.
Datastream wrote: - It's also a bitch to get back in the boat while out at sea. Really hard to do. Should be easier.
Would lowering the ledge-thingies on the edges of the boat help at all? half height?

Thanks again for the feedback :D

I wish i could write this much when doing assignments in college...
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

it's pretty easy to get $5000 very fast:

buy 3 fishing rods and put them on the water bar (i guess you know what i mean with that) and let someone press e to release the fish from the rod and someone else that harvests them (you could put another player on the black thing and throw the stuff into it and let him collect the money, doesn't take even one hour to get the money, EXPERT HINT: using ent_fire !picker disablemotion on the rods and on something to block the way over the black thing so that the fish flys directly into it without the need of another player helps quite alot)
Beanbrains
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Beanbrains »

Neico wrote:it's pretty easy to get $5000 very fast:

buy 3 fishing rods and put them on the water bar (i guess you know what i mean with that) and let someone press e to release the fish from the rod and someone else that harvests them (you could put another player on the black thing and throw the stuff into it and let him collect the money, doesn't take even one hour to get the money, EXPERT HINT: using ent_fire !picker disablemotion on the rods and on something to block the way over the black thing so that the fish flys directly into it without the need of another player helps quite alot)
I could easily put a thing to delete any unhooked fish in the water :P. Should i do this or leave this trick in for a while?
Datastream
Donator
Donator

Post by Datastream »

I would leave the trick in if I were you. A lot of the times my fish fly accidentally into the water when I press e on it.
Alright, i guess its a bit overkill having 4 spawnpoints respawning every 15 seconds, ideally i want the spawning related to how many people are connected, will push the time back a bit. Also i made really silly anti shark weapon in V3 which might be overpowered (it was meant to just distract them, but... oh well).
This would involve logic_case and some other entity that counts the amount of players. Ask some experienced mappers.

I totally understand why you don't get your money back with the blocks now. That really would be a problem where people would just sell it. But that's the same as griefing. And as far as griefers are concerned, they do it no matter what since it's all about the reaction.

I was playing on the YAS server btw.

Ask Sven666 on info how he did the box thing.

And your welcome. I'm a beta tester here, so I feel it is my duty to test every map that is new.
Beanbrains
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Beanbrains »

Datastream wrote:And as far as griefers are concerned, they do it no matter what since it's all about the reaction.
Still, this would give borderline griefers an excuse to mess stuff up, some people don't particularly want to make others suffer but do whatever gives them money. Also to give refunds, i would need a different trigger for every possible thing you can delete, and a bunch more money templates (i only use a 25 point template for now, everything you can sell so far is divisible by 25 :P).

People could also sell things they no longer want to other players, for a discount or something. More reason for interaction is a good thing :P.
Datastream wrote:A lot of the times my fish fly accidentally into the water when I press e on it.
The trick only applies at the depth you can catch fish, if you accidentally drop one in the water it usually doesn't sink deep enough to get deleted. The next version should fix fish going flying too.
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

you mean the flying itchysaurs?
but it sure is funny cause you dont expect them to fly right at you..
anime watcher and manga reader and doesnt care what others think of it.
Image Image
Beanbrains
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Beanbrains »

destiny wrote:you mean the flying itchysaurs?
but it sure is funny cause you dont expect them to fly right at you..
Actually no, but i fixed that too :lol:. Well, sort of fixed, sometimes they just randomly decide to sit on the surface and chill.

I think i might give up on that tray thing, i had the idea of giving it a counter that makes the tray "sell" objects you put into it into its counter, then the counter would turn its value into money when put near a refinery, but this kind of makes it just be a cheap portable refinery.

Uploaded V3 now, which:

-adds a new rarer fish type
-changes the deleter to avoid accidental deletions
-surgically removes jetpacks from the sharks
-stops caught fish going flying
-nerfs exploit tastic fishing
-lowers the ridge things on the boat, so it will be at least a bit easier to get back in
-stops dead sharks from piling up
-makes sharks spawn a bit slower
-fixes obscure bugs no one noticed :P
-fish slipping through the floor/wall/whatever
Axel_m3sh
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by Axel_m3sh »

I'll leave this here in case you wanna use it

[url]http://www.filefront.com/15813525/crystals.zip/[url]

It includes both static and physics prop models :)
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

^
Axel_m3sh: I'll leave this here in case you wanna use it

http://www.filefront.com/15813525/crystals.zip

It includes both static and physics prop models :)
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
sven666
npc_citizen
npc_citizen

Post by sven666 »

Fun map ^^ need a better map brushing... more realistic with little wooden houses.

And another idea, why not making a lagun ?
Land all arround and a big plan of water in the middle.
just an idea.

I can help you with scripting if you want.
Beanbrains
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Beanbrains »

Axel_m3sh wrote:(bugged post here)
Thanks for the models, don't think they would work as loot items as they are big and don't make too much sense if not attached to a wall :P. They might be useful for another feature i was thinking of though.
sven666 wrote:I can help you with scripting if you want.
Any idea how to mess with a players AUX power mid game?
sven666
npc_citizen
npc_citizen

Post by sven666 »

I will se tonight and if I find a way I will told you.
I sent you my steam id by PM.
Old
BigFoot
prop_static
prop_static

Post by BigFoot »

did you maybe already consider using fish models instead of these, sorry to say, creepy brush based fishes..? :)