oc_diving_v9 (FIXED... maybe)

Release your amazing Map creations here!
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Re: oc_diving_v9 (FIXED... maybe)

Post by destiny »

ves i wasnt being serious with that i knew it was a joke i was merely going along with it still funny.
also dont see the black mesa quote.
anime watcher and manga reader and doesnt care what others think of it.
Image Image
Vesuvian
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Vesuvian »

"I need to engage in homicidal behavior on a massive scale. It can not be corrected but I have no other way to fulfill my needs."
Vesuvian
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Vesuvian »

destiny wrote:ves i wasnt being serious with that i knew it was a joke i was merely going along with it still funny.
also dont see the black mesa quote.
A security guard at Black Mesa says "Man, why aren't WE using it?!"

Sorry for the over-reaction!
"I need to engage in homicidal behavior on a massive scale. It can not be corrected but I have no other way to fulfill my needs."
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

the tree will give oc diving a tropical mood wich is good and funny considering the sharks.
anime watcher and manga reader and doesnt care what others think of it.
Image Image
DisConnected
npc_hovering_assassin
npc_hovering_assassin

Post by DisConnected »

I don't like the Tau poster so much, and I honestly don't know why. Just not my style I guess, but the execution on it is pretty good. The discount poster is just amazing.

But it did get me thinking...You could have some WWII Japanese planes periodicaly coming around and bombing some parts of the map and destroying some respawning minerals in the process (Just watched Pearl Harbor on TNT). Since the map IS tropiclal, it could pass off as Hawaii, and those posters have that 1940's theme to them, so it could work. Let you're imagination run wild when the rocket launches, before someone brings that up. :)
Oh, don't be such a baby. Episode 3 will come out.

*Turns to Archimedes*

No it won't.
Vesuvian
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Vesuvian »

Everything is covered in Cuba flags!
DisConnected
npc_hovering_assassin
npc_hovering_assassin

Post by DisConnected »

Meh. I'm hoping that this map can have more action to it though. Say an alien invasion, or some assassins (I don't mean actual assassin NPC's, like snipers or just some pirates that come around) get hired to kill you after you reap away every single thing under the ocean. Maybe you can periodically have some rebels take over the island or warehouse or oil rig, and you get hired by the government to clear it out.

Or you can have each of the landmarks (except spawn) be controlled by a group of people, and you need to kill them before you can use that place. Like the island can be filled with Xen wildlife and the warehouse can be controlled by bandits, etc..

Anyways, those are just some ideas that came into the top of my head, but I personally get bored after playing this map for an hour or two, buying everything and then having nothing to do but whore up $10,000 (although MGO wouldn't have a problem with it). So just think of something you can do afterwards, something that even when you have a lot of stuff, it'll still be a challenge. Preferably something that involves fighting. :)
Oh, don't be such a baby. Episode 3 will come out.

*Turns to Archimedes*

No it won't.
Suppercut
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Suppercut »

I absolutely cannot exit boats AT ALL. I mash use, jump, primary attack, etc. and the only thing I can do to get out of them is killing myself, except I'm still sort of in control of the boat, so when I walk forward, the boat drives forward.

Funny way to troll someone though.

EDIT: Unless it's my own server. When I'm on any one else's server I cannot exit at all.
Jaiden
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Jaiden »

what does the Uber havester do? it sucks up gems and stuff but where does the mony go?
Andrax17
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by Andrax17 »

Jaiden wrote:what does the Uber havester do? it sucks up gems and stuff but where does the mony go?
amm, you drop the diamonds to the roof? Uber harvester doesent sell your stuff..it harvests them, collects.
Dave5430
Pixel

Post by Dave5430 »

Is there, like, a Tutorial to this map, or, anything?

Because I've been fishing for like, half an hour, and I'm not getting any cash but the fish vanishes as soon as I try to take it off the hook.

That, and, well, there's nothing spawning on the ocean floor, at all...

Plus then there's a crapload of random things that aren't exactly explained as to what to do with it or anything... you know, kind of confusing.
Beanbrains
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Beanbrains »

Dave5430 wrote: Is there, like, a Tutorial to this map, or, anything?
Not yet, was considering spawning people in/near a building with hints about how to do things. For now there are just a few squares of text near the appropriate areas.
Dave5430 wrote: Because I've been fishing for like, half an hour, and I'm not getting any cash but the fish vanishes as soon as I try to take it off the hook.
You have to get the hook back out of the water before taking it off (quickly point the rod upwards to make the rod fling out of the water)
Dave5430 wrote: That, and, well, there's nothing spawning on the ocean floor, at all...
Are you sure about this? If you were on a server that had been running for a while, loot would probably be absent from the more obvious locations (near spawn, around safe spots).
Dave5430 wrote: Plus then there's a crapload of random things that aren't exactly explained as to what to do with it or anything... you know, kind of confusing.
Anything specific which isn't explained or intuitive? I imagine there are confusing things, but its hard to know what is and isn't confusing when you are the creator.
oOxyGenOo
Vertex
Vertex

Post by oOxyGenOo »

hey guys,

i have a problem finding the cristals :S
is there a cave or something ?

great fun map btw!!

EDIT:
an also another thing: what can you do with the lever an de red valvewheel inside the oilrig?
what are the moonstones for?
what is the big black structure (with blue energy shield) between the truck and the spot where you can buy basic shapes?
Andrax17
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by Andrax17 »

oOxyGenOo wrote:hey guys,

i have a problem finding the cristals :S
is there a cave or something ?

great fun map btw!!

EDIT:
an also another thing: what can you do with the lever an de red valvewheel inside the oilrig?
what are the moonstones for?
what is the big black structure (with blue energy shield) between the truck and the spot where you can buy basic shapes?
Yes, the crystals are in underwater cave.

1. i dont think the wheel and lever does anything (could be wrong)
2. moonstones are only for money.
3. I think the black thing is just decoration, atleast ive never seen anyone do anything with it.
oOxyGenOo
Vertex
Vertex

Post by oOxyGenOo »

but where is that cave??