Oc_unsuspected

Release your amazing Map creations here!
cementiet
prop_physics
prop_physics

Oc_unsuspected

Post by cementiet »

Goodday,

I created a new map for oc

Oc_unsuspected
The map itzelf is about some combine factory that your run arround in, eager to find wat you are doing in there in the first place. :?

the map was planned to be done 2 weeks (this changed to 4 due it was imposible in 2)

Wat you will encounter in this map:
:arrow: Combines (lots of them, but limited ammount of manhack) also zombies (in scary dark place)
:arrow: Speed shopping system, Buy your weapon ''upgrade'' once and it wil respawn for your afterlive.
:arrow: ''Map upgrades'' in certan spots of the map you can buy upgrades (ammo, shields, other stuf)

Pictures:

jumping arround
shopping [spray not included]

On the last pic the weapon is floating in mid air THIS IS TRUE, but as soon as you buy it this is fixes (space issues made this hard to fix)

Be WARNED if you do not like shooting allot, or dying AVOID this map, please do not complain that its to hard...

Dowload Link:
http://sta.sh/010kthe3hdj5
UNPACK in Steam/steamapps/sourcemods/obsidian/maps

I hope you like it, Feedback is appreciated :!:
Last edited by cementiet on Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:59 pm, edited 6 times in total.
So many idea's, So less time
DA: http://cementiet.deviantart.com/
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Oc_unsuspected

Post by fug4life »

:o

Great me n Flat Zeus are checking this out in about minutes!

Looks good!

Ps. always good to see new topics in this here section of the forum! Well done for taking the time to map for Obsidian, this mod needs more liek you putting variation out there!

@W0rf0x :dance2: That was quick!
Last edited by fug4life on Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

Added it to Keyfox if anyone wants to try.
cementiet
prop_physics
prop_physics

Post by cementiet »

fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

On a listen server, the host and myself both crashed with a buffer error, when we were fighting the zombies in the dark areas, we got in past a few groups of zombies before it happened. we'll try again tomorrow, and I'll probably get on Keyfox at some point and give it a try.

Bugs so far, not many, though may aswell turn shadows of on the weapons and stuff on tables as the shadows going right through the table. Hologram camera, is just jammed on the close or the open animation (If its an npc camera you need to have the ent set up specifically, I need to check one of my maps to see how its done, I can get back to you with that tomorrow).

I really like the way you did the upgrade systems, and the map looks well built and textured, You're deffinately getting better with each map, I'm looking forward to playing more of this tomorrow.

Ps the scene where the combine fight the zombies at the start is pretty good, its always nice to see a mapper make the effort to add a couple of battles not involving the players.

Edit: If the upgrade system is applicable to all players, maybe you could raise the cost a little more and allow all players to contribute to the cost on the merchant_relays.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
cementiet
prop_physics
prop_physics

Post by cementiet »

Thanks for the feedback (allot!)

- The hologram of the turret is mend to keep doin that loop of closing in, my opinion that it looks very clear that its not active. (and else u keep on seeing that it projected above the hologram emmiter)
- The buffer error, strange i did encounter this too 1 time, but after some more testing this did not happen (while it happend for me i had a lot of software running on the background), not sure how this fix this one.
- As for the item cost, i did quite some thinking about this one, because if there allot of players in the server, you realy need to share the cash then and this can cause problems due people leave/join etc. And if i increase the price im not sure if this works out good since cash is limited. (unlike a farm/fish/endlessgoldmine map were its endless)
- Weapons, yea i actualy realised the shadow too, but this was after the release..

Again, thanks for the feedback.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Finished the map, though today I tried on Keyf0x, I crashed again with some Vertex Buffer warning (I'm playing with gfx on max settings) this time the server stayed up and others didnt crash. So prehaps it just my gfx settings being a bit over the top. Incidentally it was roughly in same place (dark zombie area). Anyhow rejoined and made it to the end of the map.

In summary a short, but sweet little map and infact its not all that short the pace of the map is quite nice and I think you've got the npc quantities probably about right, I played with about 6 people and the action was plentiful for all. I have to say thank god a nice little action map has come along and filled my life joy once more!

Only complaints then was some areas are a bit too bright with hdr (its compiled with hdr right?), have your hdr setting toned down a touch by adding hdr settings to your lights that are a bit lower and use an env_tonemap_controller. Corridors are a bit tight but thats just a couple of areas, where team members have to be patient and go through a couple of sections single file, happily the best fights are in good areas with great cover to use.

Damit keep up the good work! 7/10 from me!

next time I play I'll turn some of the un needed grfx settings off see If I dont crash.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

too much brush geometry to render, if you turn the flashlight on with dynamic shadows, it'll cause the vertex buffer overflow.

Can be bad optimizing or too complex brush geometry, or both.
cementiet
prop_physics
prop_physics

Post by cementiet »

i was running on max grafics aswel while i had the crass, but max grafics should not let a level crass.

the map is HDR (first time i used it)
i think its too complex brush gerometry, (i realy need to get used to limited ammounts of brushes again)
because i did add quite some area portals to make sure for smooth running.

But,
the only error i did get while rendering was with a light effect close to the shields (at the zombie dark spot) it gave a error of to many light brushes, and the only way to fix that was by removing Both the lights (wat was realy silly... since there arent that many brushes there) - could this be the problem?

Thanks for the info.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Do you have many named lights or lights that switch on and off with I\O. Propper is a good program for reducing brushes, alot of complex func_detailed stuff could be converted.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
cementiet
prop_physics
prop_physics

Post by cementiet »

yes the lights of the shields are suposed to go off, after you did shut the shield down.
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

Too brighty and with some texture errors (played in Gensokyo, personal server of Andrax).

The rest is good for me.
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

cementiet
prop_physics
prop_physics

Post by cementiet »

how u mean texture errors?, since dint heard of that b4 the textures are with the map in the winrar.
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

cementiet wrote:how u mean texture errors?, since dint heard of that b4 the textures are with the map in the winrar.
Near of the end, after destroy the last APC, there is a box with one face with the error texture (pink and black).

In the end, the wall and the tv have the same problem.
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

cementiet
prop_physics
prop_physics

Post by cementiet »

Strange, i did not hear it from other people, and with testing with my friend evrything went fine. are u sure you got the files, or installed the map correctly?