Hammer texture problem

Need Help? The Day isnt going so well on the Mapping front?
lowhunter
Vertex
Vertex

Hammer texture problem

Post by lowhunter »

Well I've been having problems with textures in hammer since i started mapping for Obsidian Conflict and after having a talk with Maestro Fénix i decided to post it on the forums. The problem i have is that when i choose a texture from the list and try to apply it to an object, hammer suddenly crashes. This happens with most of the textures. Also if i open a map that contains any of the textures that usualy crash and try to view them in the texured shaded view hammer crashes with this error Image
(translation: Instruction on >>0x0d43b69d<< was refering to memory on >>0x0d43b69d<<. Memory could not be >>read<< to terminate press >>v redu<< ) . So i was wondering if there is any way to fix it ?

Here is the OC part of the GameConfig:

Code: Select all

"Obsidian Conflict"
		{
			"GameDir"		"C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\SourceMods\obsidian"
			"hammer"
			{
				"GameData0"		"C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\SourceMods\obsidian\obsidian sdk\obsidian.fgd"
				"TextureFormat"		"5"
				"MapFormat"		"4"
				"DefaultTextureScale"		"0.250000"
				"DefaultLightmapScale"		"16"
				"GameExe"		"C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\podnajemnik\source sdk base 2007\hl2.exe"
				"DefaultSolidEntity"		"func_detail"
				"DefaultPointEntity"		"ai_ally_manager"
				"BSP"		"C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\podnajemnik\sourcesdk\bin\source2007\bin\vbsp.exe"
				"Vis"		"C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\podnajemnik\sourcesdk\bin\source2007\bin\vvis.exe"
				"Light"		"C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\podnajemnik\sourcesdk\bin\source2007\bin\vrad.exe"
				"GameExeDir"		"C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\podnajemnik\source sdk base 2007"
				"MapDir"		"C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\podnajemnik\sourcesdk_content\obsidian\mapsrc"
				"BSPDir"		"C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\SourceMods\obsidian\maps"
				"CordonTexture"		"tools\toolsskybox"
				"MaterialExcludeCount"		"0"
			}
		}
Also here are my specs:
AMD Athlon 64 x2 4800+ @ 2.5GHz
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
3GB RAM DDR2
Windows XP

Thank you in advance.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Hammer texture problem

Post by fug4life »

Nothing wrong with your config.txt, could you post the error in English please.

Have you tried refreshing your SDK?
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
lowhunter
Vertex
Vertex

Post by lowhunter »

lowhunter wrote: (translation: Instruction on >>0x0d43b69d<< was refering to memory on >>0x0d43b69d<<. Memory could not be >>read<< to terminate press >>v redu<< )
The translation was under the picture. And yes i tried refreshing & also reinstalling SDK.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

hmm off the top of my head, check you havent func_detailed a brush touching the void or a displacement or something. also check for invalid solids stuff you may have been vertex edditing and made something concave. Also check you havn't got a texture on a brush that shouldnt be there again.

Open your vmf and note pad search all brushes and see if anythign stands out as unsually too much data than whats normal.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
lowhunter
Vertex
Vertex

Post by lowhunter »

Since this is kind of hard to explain i decided to make a quick video to show you just what happens: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P9xfAbXcrA
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

I see you used apply current texture tool. What happens when you toggle the texture application (the one above) and apply the texture?
Also I noticed hammer asked you to reload or rename the file or something and you didnt.

Apart from that Im all out of ideas.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
lowhunter
Vertex
Vertex

Post by lowhunter »

That was just a test map i opened in the ep2 sdk. And i get the same result if i use the toggle texture application tool.

Thanks for your help anyway.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

So it happens even if you start a new map add a brush and texture it? youll get the error?

I'm used to solving errors but I've never had texture arror like that, or atleast I cant remeber.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
lowhunter
Vertex
Vertex

Post by lowhunter »

Yes it does happen even if i make a new map and just add a brush and apply a texture to it. It's also strange to me since this only happens in the OC SDK and all the others work ok.