Unofficial mountfix

Obsidian News Archive.
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Unofficial mountfix

Post by Shana »

Hello everyone, we’d just like to inform you that our community member jfm created an automatic mountfix installer, big thanks to him!

Please note that it is not created by the OC team and we do not take responsibility for any damage it might do to your system.

It comes in 2 versions, one with a full OC installer included and one with just the mountfix.
Please make sure .NET Framework 4.5 is installed and you're running at least Windows Vista, XP is not supported.

Downloads:

Zipped versions, for those that want them:
So how does it work and what does it do?
  • Before installing, make sure you have SDK Base 2007 and all the games you want to mount installed and fully working in Steam.
  • Now, you either just run the full installer, which will execute the mountfix.exe once it’s done installing OC, or
  • place the mountfix. exe in your existing Steamapps/Sourcemods/Obsidian folder, run it, either type "client" or "server" and hit enter.
The server part installs and configures a basic server config setup for first time server admins and requires a login.
The login is required for SteamCMD and is NEVER stored.

For more information and credits, check this Readme.

Please note that the mountfix can take a long time to complete and it may seem like nothing is happening at all. Don’t close the window, this is normal! The window will close once it’s done.

What the mountfix does is it first scans for your installed games, extracts the content from their depositories and then creates symlinks in your steamapps\common\Source SDK Base 2007 folder.
This process is very hard disk-heavy and thus can take a long time to complete.

This also doubles the disk space taken for each installed, mountable game since the files now exist twice; once in the normal Steam depositories and once as unpacked files which OC can read.

We are still working on a proper hotfix, but until then, this is a good stop-gap measure if you or your friends want to get into some OC action right now.
raidensnake
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Unofficial mountfix

Post by raidensnake »

I'd personally like to say on behalf of everyone thanks for making this happen and thanks to everyone who helped out especially yourself, neico, mrchemist. maestro fenix and all of the oc community. I hope this helps the oc community for the foreseeable future. I'm happy to host the links for it. if anyone wants to assist please mirror these links. I'm glad the research and testing we did has paid off. This will help a lot of people out being plagued for over 2 years to be able to enjoy oc once again.
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

We hope this solves for a while most of the issues that kept People refraining to keep playing. We Still working Hard on the Steam versión, we didnt forgot about it.
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

raidensnake
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by raidensnake »

Updated mountfix and installers and released them to address symlink and mountfix issues discovered client side. It's STRONGLY ADVISED to redownload these to address the issues.
raidensnake
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by raidensnake »

Updated mountfix and installers again to address another bug discovered where players were missing textures or crashing caused by a 3rd unexpected bug. Just like before I STRONGLY ADVISE everyone to redownload the mountfix and installers. I pretty sure this time we've nailed it in the butt.
Seaal
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Seaal »

Wish I used this before I manually did it. Ah well. XD
Shaneyk
Pixel

Post by Shaneyk »

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to put this.

Ive used install with the mount fix and allowed to run till it is finished yet it hasn't worked. What i have noticed i have shortcuts placed into my D:/ direct i'm guessing they need to be else where like
D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\sourcemods\obsidian\add-ons. I've placed the a copy of the short cuts there but still i doesn't work can i have some help please.
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

Shaneyk wrote:I'm not sure if this is the correct place to put this.

Ive used install with the mount fix and allowed to run till it is finished yet it hasn't worked. What i have noticed i have shortcuts placed into my D:/ direct i'm guessing they need to be else where like
D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\sourcemods\obsidian\add-ons. I've placed the a copy of the short cuts there but still i doesn't work can i have some help please.
So, it did the symlinks at the root of D:/ drive? How strange, I will talk about it with the creator. We will need more info, like OS language and system, and all the hardware details.

Meanwhile, create by yourself the symbolic links by this tool: http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshel ... nsion.html

You must create the links from the folders of the games (example: hl2 folder) to the Source SDK Base 2007 folder, as is seen here: http://obsidianconflict.net/forums/view ... f=1&t=5106

jfmherokiller
Pixel

Post by jfmherokiller »

Maestro Fénix wrote:
Shaneyk wrote:I'm not sure if this is the correct place to put this.

So, it did the symlinks at the root of D:/ drive? How strange, I will talk about it with the creator. We will need more info, like OS language and system, and all the hardware details.

Meanwhile, create by yourself the symbolic links by this tool: http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshel ... nsion.html

You must create the links from the folders of the games (example: hl2 folder) to the Source SDK Base 2007 folder, as is seen here: http://obsidianconflict.net/forums/view ... f=1&t=5106
As creator of the mountfix/installer I will perform the needed corrections to make it not have the errors described. However if I fail to do this rest assured that I will in time figure out how to fix it. A possible current fix for the symlinks can be done if you run the mountfix separately with the client option.
Last edited by jfmherokiller on Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shaneyk
Pixel

Post by Shaneyk »

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 7/27/2015, 23:41:07
Machine name: SHANE-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110408-1631)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: To be filled by O.E.M.
BIOS: BIOS Date: 11/21/12 20:20:20 Ver: 04.06.05
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.9GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8152MB RAM
Page File: 3883MB used, 12417MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

Hope this helps.

Maybe its because it is program files (x86)
raidensnake
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by raidensnake »

How strange. I ran a full test on that os and didn't encounter any problems even using the exact same paths you have. Was source sdk base 2007 installed when you ran the installer? Also if the symlinks are in c you can move them to the source sdk base 2007 folder.
DaftMink
Vertex
Vertex

Post by DaftMink »

Had to run the mountfix twice as the first time it picked up on my server installed on a different drive then Steam.
Looks like it works now, but as it did do this first time I thought I'd post.

Also wanted to say thanks, I bet this fix could be used on multiple different mods and not just Obsidian Conflict.
Still great to see some life being breathed back into this classic fun mod.
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

DaftMink wrote:Also wanted to say thanks, I bet this fix could be used on multiple different mods and not just Obsidian Conflict.
Yea, some people told me that some mods that use mount content like Nightmare House 2 now loads all the stuff without errors, maybe we have helped indirectly to make those mods being playable again :V

daunknownman2010
Donator
Donator

Post by daunknownman2010 »

Maestro Fénix wrote:
DaftMink wrote:Also wanted to say thanks, I bet this fix could be used on multiple different mods and not just Obsidian Conflict.
Yea, some people told me that some mods that use mount content like Nightmare House 2 now loads all the stuff without errors, maybe we have helped indirectly to make those mods being playable again :V
Every mod on Source 2007 should be fixed by the mountfix. The only mods that won't be fixed from this mountfix is the Source 2006 ones, but they can be fixed by symlinking mounts in "Source SDK Base" instead of "Source SDK Base 2007".
OwO what's this???
jfmherokiller
Pixel

Post by jfmherokiller »

DaftMink wrote:Had to run the mountfix twice as the first time it picked up on my server installed on a different drive then Steam.
Looks like it works now, but as it did do this first time I thought I'd post.

Also wanted to say thanks, I bet this fix could be used on multiple different mods and not just Obsidian Conflict.
sorry for it picking up the wrong directory. having made the thing myself and not knowing how to cover all my bases I did not know the best way to find the required directories.