CozWorld.com Supports Obsidian Conflict!

Obsidian General.
CozmicShredder
Polygon
Polygon

CozWorld.com Supports Obsidian Conflict!

Post by CozmicShredder »

Hello everyone here and where ever you are hiding!

Well guys I have always been a good supporter for this mod and recently I was back into Obsidian Conflict all over again!

I would like to offer any support that I can give to this mod...

We have a load of vary talented people in our clan and we are advertising our Obsidian server on our website and hopefully will draw more attention to this great mod!

I love coop and as many know I know a good thing when I see it!

I do hope some of you people here are working hard on making more maps...

We will load all the user maps on our server to get things circulated as we have done with a lot of mods...

Not knowing how this mod will run on our Obsidian host which is a really good friend of mine from aceflybye website...

I know a lot of you guys here and hope to see some new faces and please add me to you're messenger if you notice the server settings need adjusting or if you are a mapper and want you're map on our server but we will go through the forums here and get them all....

I won't be a pest here just saying my introduction and that I am here as long as I can be!

So go ahead and attack my post because I love the attention!!!!!!

No seriously we can all get along hopefully! :wink:
Last edited by CozmicShredder on Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CozWorld Gaming Community
http://www.cozworld.com
Power-Mad
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Power-Mad »

Nice to see some support, got a big map in the works here.
DaMaN
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by DaMaN »

Ditto! Though Power-Mad is usually better about releasing maps in a timely fashion...
Current projects: Return to City 17 and Rising Dead
Also, check out my Blag: http://daman-amappersworld.blogspot.com/
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Hello, your server is up and running, will pop in tonight and have a Correction, car not going = day off work, just checked the server all is fine pings are respectable!

There are a ton of maps out there it's just getting hold of them or their authors, I'm putting together a map pack (http://www.obsidianconflict.com/forums/ ... php?t=1624) to be released in the middle of june just trying to get the attention of some of the past map makers to submit their old maps. But there are some nice links there, a map list although not entirely comprehensive) and a fair few other maps in the release section of the forum.
Both W0rf0x and Zteer run servers with a huge amount of custom made maps, they may be able to help.

Good luck, also you might want to consider using a map select map that starts as default on the server, so people can just choose what maps they want to play from the one starting map.

I look forward to sharing a med kit with you! :lol:
CozmicShredder
Polygon
Polygon

Post by CozmicShredder »

Hello and thanks people for the replies! We look forward to helping support this mod and giving the Dev's support and hopefully promote more to host this mod... I will do what I can to get people from my other servers to play more often and as I see there are a decent number of maps..

Personally: I love map sets like story lines like maybe 3-4 maps or even more if possible... I don't like to see to many fun maps as I think that ruin a mod in many ways but I guess they serve their purpose not like you could prevent people from making them...

Well I will load maps in my download section on my site but seriously a huge map pack does a better job especially if it is an auto installer just make sure it can find the directory because I use Windows XP 64-bit and some installers people made only look for the 32-bit program not the 64-bit Program Files (x86) not that I couldn't figure that out just makes things easier for all...

Is it easy to convince people to play Obsidian Conflict? I think because it requires people to purchase HL2 they rather just keep using HL1 because most I know in Co_op are kids or they don't have computers that can handle the Source engine but seriously I have a great idea that could help this mod and other Source mods out there...

My idea is that maybe figure out a inexpensive systems build and find good deals for people to purchase them and maybe I will post them on my site maybe then they could show mom and dad that it isn't too expensive to upgrade after all? But then some need jobs too so maybe I can recommend they get a part time job as well! Then there are the Adults that are too cheap to even consider this so then maybe scap the whole idea?:)
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

16 slots? better make 2 servers with 6-8 slots, coop is no fun with 16 players, it just turns out into a massive blocking and rushing, my old server had 16 slots too, so i know what im talking about :lol:
CozmicShredder
Polygon
Polygon

Post by CozmicShredder »

I know what you are talking about and I agree! I am sure we will break the server into two servers just for a few weeks we are going to run it 16 slot...

Also what is that image being used for the Obsidian Conflict symbol? Because it sort of looks like this...

note:The image on the right not the one of Spiderman!
:roll:
Yes I am trying to be funny but seriously I have no idea what that symbol is...
Last edited by CozmicShredder on Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

CozmicShredder wrote: Also what is that image being used for the Obsidian Conflict symbol? Because it sort of looks like this...

Its a manhack :lol:
CozmicShredder
Polygon
Polygon

Post by CozmicShredder »

I am a Noob! :lol:

Anyways I was working on a new sig was looking to add that to the sig just couldn't figure out what it was...

Thank you for clearing that up!
Power-Mad
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Power-Mad »

Definetly need the map vote system like on zteer and w0rf0x's server. A map add script will help edit what it uses. Fug4Life, if you release that map pack shortly after 1.3, I can give you like 2 maps to put in it. One of which is a complete remake of smash tv.
CozmicShredder
Polygon
Polygon

Post by CozmicShredder »

Ok we will add the map vote system but ManiMod already has a map vote system... Unless it's been disabled... I'll look into it later tonight.
Lark
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Lark »

CozmicShredder wrote:I know what you are talking about and I agree! I am sure we will break the server into two servers just for a few weeks we are going to run it 16 slot...

Also what is that image being used for the Obsidian Conflict symbol? Because it sort of looks like this...

note:The image on the right not the one of Spiderman!
:roll:
"I will get you siderman!"
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Power-Mad wrote:Definetly need the map vote system like on zteer and w0rf0x's server. A map add script will help edit what it uses. Fug4Life, if you release that map pack shortly after 1.3, I can give you like 2 maps to put in it. One of which is a complete remake of smash tv.
<fug drops to his knees and asks power mad which shoe to shine first?>

I will most probably extened the deadline by a little, but like you say it all depends on 1.3, but I don't mind waiting abit as I've still got some people to track down and PM. I'd really like to get a few more maps included. :D
Tono-Tako
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by Tono-Tako »

good to see server support for this mod
Vote for obsidian conflict in moddb
One click a day doesnt hurt your finger
CozmicShredder
Polygon
Polygon

Post by CozmicShredder »

Well hopefully we can get our coders to whip up some fun plugins for our Obsidian server! Like glow and trailme and maybe a teleport plugin too!

Never know what will happen just takes time....

Just so you guys know Joshua from www.aceflybye.com is hosting our Obsidian server he is in our Clan and he will be the one loading maps on the server and modifying stuff for it...

We'll monitor or servers remotely sometimes so if there is no admin on or if you need something try hollering in chat maybe someones watching...

We will be having our clan members use their tags in the server and not all have admin access... Mainly the W-5 and up have admin access but not all of them do...

Everyone here is welcome to add me to their messengers as well as I like to be kept informed if I missed something like an announcement by the Devs or new maps releases or if you just want to chat or ask to be unbanned or whatever!