Can't delete this damn game

Obsidian General.
JinxAlpha
Vertex
Vertex

Can't delete this damn game

Post by JinxAlpha »

Well, I tried doing this player model thing, I put it in some of the folder and I couldn't launch OC. So I took it out of the folder and I still coudln't launch it, I tried deleting it by going to Steam Apps and deleting the whole OC file folder containing everything in it. I tried deleting it by control panel but can't find the program when I search it up. I tried deleting it on steam but I don't know how to delete games via Steam, help??!! I also tried uninstalling on Desura. :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Re: Can't delete this damn game

Post by TESLA-X4 »

Under the assumption that you used the installer from this site, it should show up in Control PanelAdd/Remove Programs (Windows XP) / Programs and Features (Windows Vista / 7+) as Obsidian Conflict. I am uncertain about the procedure for Desura, but it should be able to uninstall the mod if it was used to install it in the first place.

Much like you needed to restart Steam for the mod to show up, you will need to restart Steam again for the entry to be removed from your list.
Apparently, Valve can't make games beyond the number 2.
I think the only time we'll get a Source SDK code update is when it starts having purchasable hats integrated, i.e. hatconomy.

Please do not make assumptions you are not knowledgeable enough to make - that just backfires on yourself.
Tick me off, and I'll be sure to give you the golden treatment. Haven't you heard? Silence is golden.
JinxAlpha
Vertex
Vertex

Post by JinxAlpha »

TESLA-X4 wrote:Under the assumption that you used the installer from this site, it should show up in Control PanelAdd/Remove Programs (Windows XP) / Programs and Features (Windows Vista / 7+) as Obsidian Conflict. I am uncertain about the procedure for Desura, but it should be able to uninstall the mod if it was used to install it in the first place.

Much like you needed to restart Steam for the mod to show up, you will need to restart Steam again for the entry to be removed from your list.
Thanks bro! People like you deserve medals!
Styrus
Pixel

Post by Styrus »

I was sent to this thread by a friend after I've had trouble deleting this game from my system considering it takes up 2.04 GB of data and won't even run properly on my PC. I attempted to follow your instructions, but cannot find this "control panel" you speak of. If it's in the launcher, that's out of the picture because that doesn't exist on the PC anymore. Is there another method, do I need to install something else, is this even in my control? I can post images if that helps lay out the situation I'm in, before then I'll just be waiting in this 2012 thread until someone comes and helps me. PLease and thank you.
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

Well, this was an old thread so some stuff doesn't apply to Windows 10 obviously, but the basics are still there. If by any chance with the new bundle it doesn't go away by just deleting the mod folder, head over Windows Start->Configuration->Apps->Apps and features, select OC and uninstall it, is simple.
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

Styrus
Pixel

Post by Styrus »

When I go to Windows Start, the only options I have are my profile, "Documents", "Pictures", "Settings", and "Power". When I go into my storage, I am met with the "Apps and Features" area, but that's what won't uninstall. Whenever it try it it results in the same warning of "not being able to find 'unins000.exe' in a set of Steam folders". I was met with a similar response when I deleted the Dolphin Emulator incorrectly. I installed it and used the storage method to delete it, and it worked. I tried the same method with Obsidian, but it didn't work.
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

You can also just delete the "obsidian" folder in your "steamapps/SourceMods" folder (example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\SourceMods) to remove OC from your system.
Styrus
Pixel

Post by Styrus »

I checked the folder to see nothing inside of the folder, and when I deleted it nothing about the file stuck in storage limbo changed. Sadly it doesn't seem to be as simple as that.
JinxAlpha
Vertex
Vertex

Post by JinxAlpha »

guys its been like 9 years lol
Styrus
Pixel

Post by Styrus »

I downloaded the mod a couple months ago after just finding out about it. I was just late and am experiencing difficulties, I especially want it gone considering it's taking up 2 whole gigabytes that are doing absolutely nothing, and thanks to it my pc is almost always either 2 MB from being full or completely full.