Saves?

Obsidian General.
Rymeax
Pixel

Saves?

Post by Rymeax »

Is there any way to force run an obsidian map in single player, and be able to save the game? I understand that this is a Co-op mod, but I've recently found myself getting in touch with some games I used to play years ago. Obsidian is one of them. I've been playing Paysan, Harvest, Diving, etc and really been frustrated that I am unable to save my progress day in and day out. So Just wondering if there's anyway to possibly do such a thing. Happy Thanksgiving!
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Re: Saves?

Post by Shana »

Sadly no, but it's something we would like to add eventually, especially for the harvest-type maps.
Until then you can use sv_cheats 1 and givescore in console to buy back the stuff you had when you left off.
There's also this mapadd someone made for oc_harvest which functions as a rudimentary saving system.
Rymeax
Pixel

Post by Rymeax »

Thank you for the reply.

So far I have been using givepoints for the cash. Even using Host_timescale 15 on harvest to break apart all of the debris. Or even Paysan to clear out the tunnel. Is there perhaps anyway to create a specific entity, or duplicate an entity? For example, let's say on Harvest I had collected 15 green mushrooms during one play through (Please don't ask, I don't know why I'm like this) Is there a way I could use a command similar to "ent_teleport_select" to select an entity to duplicate said entity? or perhaps something similar even to create one? I am able to bypass most things by just re-buying things, or speeding my way through, but sometimes I amass a stack of items and I feel progress is lost after restarting.
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

I don't know of a command to duplicate an entity in OC, but you should be able to spawn everything you need using ent_fire.

For the mushrooms for example, use the following commands:
ent_fire forest_spawn_1 forcespawn Spawns a single mushroom
ent_fire forest_spawn_1 addoutput "EntityTemplate template_Food_Mushroom_Reg" Change spawner to regular mushroom
ent_fire forest_spawn_1 addoutput "EntityTemplate template_Food_Mushroom_Med" Change spawner to purple mushroom
ent_fire forest_spawn_1 addoutput "EntityTemplate template_Food_Mushroom_Rare" Change spawner to green mushroom
This will spawn the mushroom next to this rock near the entrance of the forest:

For other items you will have to find the names and position of the spawn entities in the map (usually an env_entity_maker), you can try using find_ent or take a look at the map in Hammer, but that requires decompiling the map first.

I know it's tedious, but that's the only way I can think of 😅

Oh and btw, you can quickly clear the field in harvest by using ent_fire scrub_* break
Rymeax
Pixel

Post by Rymeax »

Thank you so much! This literally solves a problem I've had for years! Single-player with saving mode is definitely something I look forward to seeing in the newer version in the future for sure. As for now this will make it so much faster, and easier to continue playing my favorite HL2 mod.

And thank you very much for the quicker way to clear the farm, even with host_timscale it can become tedious.