Current 1.22 changelist. RELEASED!

Obsidian General.
[JSC][GU]PREDATOR
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by [JSC][GU]PREDATOR »

Hyperjag3 wrote:
You'll buy things with points, not money
I was just about to say that would be a good idea.
But it could get annoying though with this merchant stuff because what if someone was getting alot of points to get a really good gun and then a second later they die and loose the gun? or what about as you get the good gun the map ends? this stuff would be ideal for maps like umizuri or something.
fragged131
npc_metropolice
npc_metropolice

Post by fragged131 »

[JSC][GU]PREDATOR wrote:
Hyperjag3 wrote:
You'll buy things with points, not money
I was just about to say that would be a good idea.
But it could get annoying though with this merchant stuff because what if someone was getting alot of points to get a really good gun and then a second later they die and loose the gun? or what about as you get the good gun the map ends? this stuff would be ideal for maps like umizuri or something.
YES
Lark
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Lark »

will the npc_vortigaunt_episodic be used and the gangs flames need to light up the room like the flames in ep1.
fragged131
npc_metropolice
npc_metropolice

Post by fragged131 »

gtaiiilc wrote:will the npc_vortigaunt_episodic be used and the gangs flames need to light up the room like the flames in ep1.
garg*
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

Hyperjag3 wrote:
BOB wrote:Yeah, but to buy stuff from a merchant, won't you need money?

So you'll add a money system, of some sort?

Also: Will the merchant have his own model?
You'll buy things with points, not money. And I'm not sure if he'll have his own model.
He will have his own skin at least, won't he?
Lark
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Lark »

make him the fisherman! that reminds me will lost coast work with oc?and will there be more gibs I was going to make some gibs for a comic I am working on if I have time I can make some for the next update.and cant you use the bullsquid from missing info it looked so cool.
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

Merchants will have a sprite above their head to make them easy to see. The model for them will be changeable like other npcs.
Will probably make another entity that works the same way as an npc merchant but can be a prop like a vending machine. :D

Hyper tells me the Vortigaunt is changing to be more like the episode 2 vort. Not sure how it works but he tells me its cooler.

I'm sure I will add more hl1 npcs over time. Porting them over isn't the easiest task. Getting them to work well in HL2 is even harder.
Now changes, additions and fixes for npcs will happen over time.

If anyone makes new gibs for other npcs we would be happy to look them over and maybe include them in the mod.

Right now I have no time to map, coding takes up 90% of my time. I have many ideas, many unfinished maps, etc. No time to execute.
What we need is an experienced modeler to get a shit load of tasks done. Im the only one doing it at this point.

I'm not complaining though. I wouldnt mod if I didnt like doing it. Things would just get finished sooner. :wink:
BOB
npc_citizen
npc_citizen

Post by BOB »

Can you code it so different maps can have custom weapons in it (Like say, in bob_themap there's a Soda Can you can throw at people) or would that be nearly impossible?
fragged131
npc_metropolice
npc_metropolice

Post by fragged131 »

skidz wrote:
Hyper tells me the Vortigaunt is changing to be more like the episode 2 vort. Not sure how it works but he tells me its cooler.
phong :3
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

skidz wrote:Hyper tells me the Vortigaunt is changing to be more like the episode 2 vort. Not sure how it works but he tells me its cooler.
Does that mean the the changed vort will be the only one, or will you have two different vort npcs? (I vote for only having one, if anybody wanted to know)
[JSC][GU]PREDATOR
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by [JSC][GU]PREDATOR »

You should port the old vortigaunt over, the one in hl2 can be the good one that is on your side and the old one could have a different skin so they don't look identical.
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

Alright, we just finished our first multiplayer test with the grapple and acouple other things. Other things being, valves code updates which seem to be working fine.

http://www.obsidianconflict.com/ocscree ... _f0000.jpg
http://www.obsidianconflict.com/ocscree ... _f0010.jpg
http://www.obsidianconflict.com/ocscree ... nd0027.jpg

Also, I have started work on the client side implementation of the HL2 Vehicles. These vehicles will be predicted.
Askaris
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Askaris »

Rollermine wars... I like it.

But do we need episode 1 for that?
fragged131
npc_metropolice
npc_metropolice

Post by fragged131 »

skidz wrote:Alright, we just finished our first multiplayer test with the grapple and acouple other things. Other things being, valves code updates which seem to be working fine.

http://www.obsidianconflict.com/ocscree ... _f0000.jpg
http://www.obsidianconflict.com/ocscree ... _f0010.jpg
http://www.obsidianconflict.com/ocscree ... nd0027.jpg

Also, I have started work on the client side implementation of the HL2 Vehicles. These vehicles will be predicted.
get the grapple cannon to pull faster, or at a steady rate atleast.

also ep1 content is awesome :3
Hell-met
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by Hell-met »

fragged131 wrote:get the grapple cannon to pull faster, or at a steady rate atleast.
Can't you notice that the player is controlling at which rate hes going up ?

At least I think so.