cloak sound

Obsidian General.
Retribution
prop_static
prop_static

cloak sound

Post by Retribution »

ok now i know you stoled the sound for the cloak for C&C tiberium sun, now im ok with the idea that you did that but at least aknoledge the source! :evil:
Last edited by Retribution on Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hyperjag3
npc_strider
npc_strider

Post by Hyperjag3 »

I don't deny it, I used the sound from Tiberian Sun.
Retribution
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Retribution »

that wasn't a bad idea, i don't know if that is leagle but its a good idea never the less
Scrap
npc_strider
npc_strider

Post by Scrap »

well i dont think using zombines is *cough* legal *cough* either but im not complaining :twisted: :o

(everyone dosent have episode 1 so they will get new content for free where others have to pay for it)
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

Scrap wrote:well i dont think using zombines is *cough* legal *cough* either but im not complaining :twisted: :o

(everyone dosent have episode 1 so they will get new content for free where others have to pay for it)
Using CSS objects in garrys mod is the same thing ;)
And btw, CSS costs $19.99 :wink:
Retribution
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Retribution »

na thats all leagle, the steam license allows it
my problem is that the westwood licence dosen't
and now that EA owns Westwood this could get ugly
but don't worry, its not like anyone form EA will recognize the sound or search these forums for easy law suites
fury_161
Vertex
Vertex

Post by fury_161 »

It's actually illegal to use stuff from other Source based games, stupid, I know. Technically we're only supposed to use things from the SDK. G-Mod's CSS content comes from the CSS GCF, so you can't use it unless you have CSS. While this works in sandbox type gameplay, it doesn't really work for co-op because not everyone has CSS.

Also, the whole "they probably won't look here" thing isn't a good idea. A few years ago I started converting UT2K3 and UT2K4 models and posting them on forums. Then some dickhole decided to e-mail Epic games about it and they threatened to open a can of whoop ass on me. So I'd be a little bit more careful.
Last edited by fury_161 on Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
[JSC][GU]PREDATOR
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by [JSC][GU]PREDATOR »

Well gmod is taking day of defeat content for gmod 10!
fury_161
Vertex
Vertex

Post by fury_161 »

[JSC]_PREDATOR wrote:Well gmod is taking day of defeat content for gmod 10!
Again, using the GCF system. If you don't own the game, you can't use the content.
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

Our mod only mounts the hl2 and hl2dm content. Ive never playing this Tiberian Sun game before, any good? :P
[JSC][GU]PREDATOR
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by [JSC][GU]PREDATOR »

The name sortof reminds me of medal of honour rising sun i think thats what its called.
fury_161
Vertex
Vertex

Post by fury_161 »

skidz wrote:Our mod only mounts the hl2 and hl2dm content. Ive never playing this Tiberian Sun game before, any good? :P
While I haven't played it, I imagine it's totally kick ass cause all C&C rocked me. Except Generals, that didn't do it for me.
Retribution
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Retribution »

skidz wrote:Our mod only mounts the hl2 and hl2dm content. Ive never playing this Tiberian Sun game before, any good? :P
omg skids you should shoot your self now :suicide:
this is only one of the best games ever made, the only RTS that could be considerd better is ,crap i forgot the name, its the one with the yuri's revenge expansion??? sorry my mind just went blank
Scrap
npc_strider
npc_strider

Post by Scrap »

Retribution wrote:
omg skids you should shoot your self now :suicide:
this is only one of the best games ever made, the only RTS that could be considerd better is ,crap i forgot the name, its the one with the yuri's revenge expansion??? sorry my mind just went blank
that yuris revenge game is red alert 2 btw. And btw, there making a new tiberian sun game.
[JSC]megabyteman
npc_citizen
npc_citizen

Post by [JSC]megabyteman »

I thought it was only illegal if the "stolen" material was used to make a profit, which it hasn't been in this case.